Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:08 AM

2,400 posts, read 757,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Let’s flesh it out a bit more. The blm matters sign keeps your home from being looted.
Like lambs blood for Passover? I don’t think the looters care.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:12 AM

8,963 posts, read 2,569,582 times
Those signs simply say "Here's a little pandering to pacify you morons into bothering someone else"

Old 07-25-2020, 08:20 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,897,784 times
One of my kids lives in mass.in a leafy very well to do neighborhood.
In a 4 block area there are 10 or so blm signs.But all is needed is a couple of black familys to move in and half the houses around would be up for sale.
Blm signs are just put up to feel good about themselves.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
One of my kids lives in mass.in a leafy very well to do neighborhood.
In a 4 block area there are 10 or so blm signs.But all is needed is a couple of black familys to move in and half the houses around would be up for sale.
I doubt that is true, but if it is, then the claim about 'systematic racism' is actually true.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:51 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,322,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I don't get any of these threads. I am REALLY REALLY WHITE. I don't understand how that has any bearing on whether I care about the lives of others.

A Trump sign means one supports Trump, it's not 'signalling'. Same for something to do with breast cancer or supporting veterans or world peace.

But if I have a BLM sign I am assumed to be trying to be 'woke' (an ideology I do not care for at all) and 'guilty' feeling and 'self loathing' and all this mess.

People should just go back to speaking their minds, call us n word lovers, and be done with it.

My mother was called that for standing up for black children to be educated in her school. That is what all this is, demeaning people who aren't racist.

Everyone can see through this nonsense.
Look. A person who has a Trump sign in his front yard voted for Donald Trump. He will vote for Donald Trump again this November. A person who has a Pittsburgh Steelers flag in front of his house is a die-hard Steelers fan. He watches every game. But people who live in lily-white neighborhoods who put up signs claiming their solidarity with black people and their commitment to diversity do not actually practice those things. it's bewildering to me, and I can't think of any parallels. Can you? It's like if you asked the guy with the Steelers flag on his house, "What did you think of that game last Sunday?," and he gives you a blank look and says, "Huh? What game?" Wouldn't you think that was odd?

Old 07-25-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Look. A person who has a Trump sign in his front yard voted for Donald Trump. He will vote for Donald Trump again this November. A person who has a Pittsburgh Steelers flag in front of his house is a die-hard Steelers fan. He watches every game. But people who live in lily-white neighborhoods who put up signs claiming their solidarity with black people and their commitment to diversity do not actually practice those things. it's bewildering to me, and I can't think of any parallels. Can you? It's like if you asked the guy with the Steelers flag on his house, "What did you think of that game last Sunday?," and he gives you a blank look and says, "Huh? What game?" Wouldn't you think that was odd?
You dont know what they 'practice' and you also dont know if those signs are placed there by the home owners or BLM activists sticking them on people's yards. IMO, they are most likely placed by the activists.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:06 AM

19,721 posts, read 12,293,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
Like lambs blood for Passover? I don’t think the looters care.
Yep, they burn down their own neighborhoods, their own stores why should they care about a silly sign on a rich white persons lawn. Some black business owners in riot areas put signs up that said "Black owned business", didn't matter, got smashed burned and looted along with all of them.

I don't think that is why the white liberals are doing it though, they feel smugly safe from the mobs. They are doing it for each other, like keeping up with the Joneses. They also do not under stand what BLM really is and what it wants, or they intentionally take it down to it's simplest form - "Well, black lives DO matter, so there". Almost making a mockery out of the reality of what is going on in our cities and society right now, because it really doesn't affect them.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:17 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,223,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
2nd generation Hispanic birth rate has now fallen to about 2 kids.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/07/u...s-latinos.html
Yea, that's pretty much what happens. When people start to become more assimilated and their opportunities open up in this country due to knowing the language, being a citizen, etc., their birth rates start to converge on the native population birth rates.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:17 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,322,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You dont know what they 'practice' and you also dont know if those signs are placed there by the home owners or BLM activists sticking them on people's yards. IMO, they are most likely placed by the activists.
I know that they live in a suburb that is 96% white, and is a few miles from inner-city neighborhoods that are 96% black. So I most certainly do know what they practice. It's called: racial segregation.

Old 07-25-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
I know that they live in a suburb that is 96% white, and is a few miles from inner-city neighborhoods that are 96% black. So I most certainly do know what they practice.
No, unless you personally know them, you do not know what they 'practice'. You think you do, but you don't.

And as I said, you do not know who put those signs on their yards.

Its beyond me why you'd even care what signs people have on their years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies