Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2020, 09:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^The President and other elected officials have to swear on a Bible also. They are used in court rooms ever day. What's your point?

Old 07-24-2020, 09:59 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
If it's against the rules, I am sure you know where the report button is. If it isn't, no sense in arguing over it.
Her arguing about it defintely isn't against the rules, and so where is the sense in arguing with her over her arguing?

If he wants to engage in disengenuous and uninformed religious diatribe, then she can say what she wants in kind.

I have no issue with it, as he's kind of entertaining. As it's like watching an over-confident monkey try to sign-language the mechanics of a racecar engine.

Go ahead, good boy, you look funny while trying. We are entertained.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:00 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It is painfully clear that the right still does not understand the BLM message. They constantly confuse the rioters and looters with people who simply believe it is wrong for a black man to be killed by a man we trust with so much power. Those signs reflect that, they in no way promote riots.
Are you another white person who has a "Black Lives Matter" sign in front of his house, in your 2% black town? If so, I'll say it to you, then: I'm sure that your black neighbors appreciate your fine support. Or at least they would, if you had any.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:01 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
No need for the personal swipe and untrue characterization. And again, quoting scripture is inappropriate on any forum other than religion.
Again, I am sorry if it offends you, but the words are appropriate and relevant to the discussion. The Bible contains a lot of wisdom which are relevant to just about any discussion.

Funny how you'd allow anyone to quote anyone else, but you take offense as soon as someone quotes Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree. That guy is doubling down on the Jesus verses. Totally inappropriate, and insensitive to those who are not Christian.
Totally inappropriate and insensitive?

Ok, you win.

You win the PC trophy of the year.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-24-2020 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-24-2020, 10:04 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,555,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Are you another white person who has a "Black Lives Matter" sign in front of his house, in your 2% black town? If so, I'll say it to you, then: I'm sure that your black neighbors appreciate your fine support. Or at least they would, if you had any.
Black people don't have to see it. The goal is to raise awareness and show support.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:08 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,928,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It's a recognition of power, acquiescence and submission. So are the Masks in many ways.
Woo-hoo! You've come almost full circle. Just one more step to close the loop:

The Covid-19 was manufactured and intentionally released by the CCP. Part of the strategy was to make us all wear masks, to show our submission. Next we'll all be forced to get a vaccine, which comes with a chip they can use to track us. BLM was paid to start a ruckus to distract Americans from what the communists were doing with Covid-19. After they abolish the police, they will confiscate all guns. President-for-Life George Soros will demand absolute acquiescance and absorption into the One World Government.

And that, folks, is how you make up a lunatic conspiracy theory!

Old 07-24-2020, 10:09 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
^^ Note that tactic of the terrorists and their supporters is to give excuses for their criminality, make fun of your correct perception of their obviously immoral, illegal, and insane violence, even when your perception is mirroring back to them their own sentiments, and to disingnesuously drape themselves in the robes of religion and patriotism (which are anti-values to these communists).

All in an attempt to squeeze one more moment out of you in which to further victimize.

When the conversation has broken down to this, there is no further requirement to have it.

The conversation has become nothing more than a vehicle to stall you from supporting the cops while they are in the process of destroying things.

The only adult response is to stop talking to the psychopaths that are engaging you in order to try to prevent you from stopping them
Hmmm....terrorists, criminals, communists, psychopaths.....

That's quite a list of name calling, not to mention the misrepresentation of other posters views. Are you sure you're not forgetting anything?

Old 07-24-2020, 10:10 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Interesting !!! "Not in my back yard" meets BLM !!! Strange bed fellows indeed !!!

Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I have this one.

https://www.signsofjustice.com/produ...ieve-yard-sign

It was a birthday present from a dear friend. My black neighbors on either side and across the street like it.

I support the message and have no problem advertising that I do. This is my community and I am a part of it.
Oh yeah, I see these signs too. Obnoxious liberals, they think that everyone is so interested in hearing what they believe.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:15 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
1) Why do you find it unbelievable? Is it unbelievable that someone could care about justice for someone of a different ethnicity?
The statistics reveal that there is no systemic issue of justice here.

What is being protested is not the death of one man.

If that were the case, we'd have enbdless riots across all ethnicities. What is being rioted for is racial political rent. But, again, there is no systemic injustice.

Should we riot in the name of all of the innocent Police killed due to Black crime?

Quote:
Was it just unbelievable that some whites in 1865 wanted to abolish slavery?
Engaging in logical fallacy hurts, not helps your argument. Blacks will not swindle every demand for privilege on the back of a strategy that seeks to connect every grievance, real or imagined, with slavery.

In weak, low IQ minds this may hold sway. In civilization, it cannot.

Quote:
Were you aghast that some white people went down to Alabama to join the freedom marches in the '60s?
See above. There is no issue of injustice here.

How are "freedom marches" equivalent in a time when Blacks have full legal equality as well as increased privileges in the employment sphere?

You should learn not to use fallacious argument. It has the sole effect of rendering anything that you say as a waste of time to read.

Quote:
"if BLM ever got into power". I don't think BLM is trying to come into power, whatever that means. They are not a political party, running candidates for office
What you think is irrelevant. What you just said is equivalent to stating that anyone who isn't an employed member of a political party can not be in power. That is patently and obviously untrue.

Quote:
"Overthrow capitalism" Calm down; nobody's overthrowing anything.
Said every revolutionary Marxist, ever, even as they were attempting to violently overthrow things.

Quote:
Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy
What White Supremacy? Blacks are equal in law and no one else in th World has allowed them such a place in their societies.

What this is code for is Black Supremacy.

Quote:
and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/
Blacks overwhelmingly are the cause of crime both in their own communities and in any other-racial communities to which Black communities are adjacent.

This "violence inflicted on Black communities" is 100% an attempt to suppress sky high Black crime. Sometimes, regrettable results occur that would be reduced to the levels of other races if Blacks reduced their crime to that of other races.

What these girevances are is agitation toward allowing Blacks to commit crime unimpeded and to be handed Black Supremacist Power.

Quote:
I am a well-off, white suburbanite. I am opposed to white supremacy and against inflicting violence on black communities. Maybe I will get me one of those BLM signs for my yard.
Start fighting Whie Supremacy by moving deep into an All Black Neighborhood.

How that be?

Put your money where your mouth is, so that poorer Whites who live in transitional communities, with Black neighborhoods, aren't the only one affected by your absolutely naive (if not malicious) views and rhetoric.

The World despises the hypocrite.

Last edited by golgi1; 07-24-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies