Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 02:51 AM

34,269 posts, read 18,653,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm afraid the norm is becoming, if the woke, and their cancel culture fascism, decide that they don't like something, it must go away, and if we disagree we are just asking for the violence to descend upon our city, or our house.
The Media and Democrat City Leadership are accepting and promoting this Mob violence to bring down society in many ways. It may be up to Citizens to stop it as the Mayors won't let the Police do their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 06:22 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,802,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
They are even defacing or tearing down statues and monuments of white and black abolitionists, and statues paid for and approved of by former slaves, and the monuments erected for black Civil War soldiers.

The people behind the violence these past few weeks are anarchists, Marxists, who hate America and everything it stands for., which is why all statues are coming down The sad thing is, many Democrats hold those same views.

he average person is asleep at the wheel, buying into the notion that this is about racial equality and improving black lives, when blacks are being murdered in record numbers. The Marxists and anarchists are moving their agenda forward and its all getting lost in the politically charged hate-Trump mania, and people actually think Black Lives Matter is looking out for the welfare of black lives.
I agree, this seems to be marxist/nihilist motivated chaos, not civil rights.

If anyone still doubts, there was a story that ran across my newsfeed yesterday about the rioters targeting a Seattle pot store. So, they are going after weed now? Pot stores are the enemy, lol. Confederate statues....and now smash the weed stores. Absurdity. They just want to destroy.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/bus...OFKPP3G36GZDU/

Old 07-25-2020, 06:42 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,528,951 times
No, I do not think they should have removed it, but rather the police should have been there to arrest the criminals destroying public policy. They should have all been placed in jail while awaiting trials. No bail.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I'm not defending Columbus or the horrible things he did. But you don't take down statues because people are very angry and demand it. Or else all we need is a lot of angry people and they can come for your church, synagogue, or whatever. Anything.
I think that people who advocate taking the statue down should follow through on their actions and return to their countries of ancestry. This will enable the Native American (or if you are Canadian First Nation's) campfires to burn again.

And you make a very good point about other destruction of property. This turns into a dystopian struggle; might makes right.

Quote:
Even my own liberal governor, Cuomo, doesn't support removing Columbus statues--because he is Italian and understands that Columbus signifies Italian-American identity in some way beyond the horrible actions of the man Columbus. Of course, that may change if he is pressured. Lightfoot wasn't initially going to remove the statues, but she changed.
I do not agree with everything Cuomo has done. Far from it. But I'd like to see him on the ticket in November. Right now I'm reluctantly voting for Trump even though I am an extremely liberal Democrat and rejected applicant to join AntiFa.

Quote:
Have we lost our entire process of CIVIL disagreement and decision-making? It is imperative that we as a society can make decisions in ways other than street protests and angry mobs. Some statues may end up going, and that may be the right thing to do. Some may end up with a plaque giving greater historical context. Maybe they put up another statue next to a controversial statue. There are more alternatives that could be discussed democratically by communities coming together.
That we have. Much of the "argument", if you call it that, is based on emotions rather than reason. They know they cannot win in a reasoned debate. That's why I don't think Biden will debate Trump.

Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,802,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I think that people who advocate taking the statue down should follow through on their actions and return to their countries of ancestry. This will enable the Native American (or if you are Canadian First Nation's) campfires to burn again.

And you make a very good point about other destruction of property. This turns into a dystopian struggle; might makes right.

I do not agree with everything Cuomo has done. Far from it. But I'd like to see him on the ticket in November. Right now I'm reluctantly voting for Trump even though I am an extremely liberal Democrat and rejected applicant to join AntiFa.

That we have. Much of the "argument", if you call it that, is based on emotions rather than reason. They know they cannot win in a reasoned debate. That's why I don't think Biden will debate Trump.
Good point about their arguments. I've been thinking about that lately---why are so many on the far left resistant to debating their points? People who have good arguments want to debate, usually, because they think they will win, and thus convince others.

But rather than use an argument, they go right for the personal attack ('you're a racist!!'), or they deflect, or cancel. For fear of being canceled, most people just stay quiet.

They need to prevent debate, because the ideas won't stand up to the process. They convince others to go along with their movement through emotion, and something closer to religious conversion to a cult IMO. And their behaviors have the hallmarks of cultic fanaticism--like tearing down statues and burning things.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
I think the reason they're letting the anarchists be the ones in charge is in the event Trump wins. They're priming us for something much bigger if the election doesn't go their way.

I think the Democrats have done shadier ****e than Nixon's henchmen. Absolutely nothing should shock anyone at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies