Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 11:53 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Notice how the video takers keep baiting and provoking these people who obviously have issues. Always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 12:14 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
This made me snort my coffee out my nose!!! I shared personal info in the rep I gave you!!
I rep you x1000!!!
Appreciate it, but the info isn't in the rep.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:20 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Ken, Barbie's main squeeze.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:24 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I invented one of my own: Ethan. This is a twentysomething male, slightly effeminate, does uptalk, employs the full lexicon of the Woke religion, generally travels in a pack, who obnoxiously lectures people older than himself about basic truths even though he has no life experiences of his own.
Yeah, that's actually kind of how I used to picture people named Ethan. But then, darn it all, my son befriended an Ethan. He was a real sweet kid; seemed a little slow in the head, but very sweet. (I say "was" because I haven't seen him in a while, so I'm not sure what he's like now. He and my son had drifted apart, though recently they've resumed their friendship.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
And shaniqua doesn’t merely ask for a manager. Shaniqua gets 3 of her obese friends and they violently attack whoever she has a problem with.
Yep. And one of her friends videos the beat-down and posts it on World Star Hip Hop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I was aware when the term first started getting bandied about on Reddit. I never quite got it since I like the name Karen.
I'd have went with "Sharon" since that's a little harder edged. But there are so many slang names I use.
"Mavis" is a woman ignoramus. " Beulah" is a woman of size that's also like a stampeding rhino in charm.
" Shawn" might make a better nickname than " Todd" but both work. " Ryan" works , too. So does " Justin". I'm not fond of any of those names.
I use Cletus, Skeezix, lots of others.
I actually like the name Karen as well, so this whole meme about Karens being the "Let me speak with your manager" people is a bit mystifying to me as well. I see Shawn as kind of a slacker, albeit a friendly one; I don't really see him as a Todd as defined by the OP. Ryan strikes me as a little bit how Ethan was described above, except not as confrontationally obnoxious. And I like the name Justin, so there.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:26 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I can't stand Black Lives Matter and wouldn't want to patronize a store that had that sign in the window. But I wouldn't be a jerk about it either. I would calmly tell the employee why I won't be patronizing their store, then leave them alone and go about my day.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:27 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Wheelchair. Checks off a victim box. Need a new one. Shouldnt be hard to find an unhinged right wing straight white male NOT in a wheelchair.
Racist AF much?

Old 07-24-2020, 12:29 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I invented one of my own: Ethan. This is a twentysomething male, slightly effeminate, does uptalk, employs the full lexicon of the Woke religion, generally travels in a pack, who obnoxiously lectures people older than himself about basic truths even though he has no life experiences of his own.

Let's get this to catch on! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Ethans jump into this thread. Watch their behavior in their natural habitat!
Tom Cruise has starred as Ethan Hunt in these films:
Mission: Impossible (1996)
Mission: Impossible II (2000)
Mission: Impossible III (2006)
Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015)
Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018)
And in the next 2 years he'll be filming Mission Impossible 7 and 8.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:29 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Uhhh...can we make it something other than Todd? My partner won't be a fan of that.

I'm not a fan of that either.. We Todd's get enough grief as it is.

I like Karen's and Ken's or maybe Kevin.

Old 07-24-2020, 12:31 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times
I vote for "Biff".

Old 07-24-2020, 12:33 PM

10,760 posts, read 4,346,172 times
I don't think this concept works with men.
Women are easy to pigeonhole, men are a lot more individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies