Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2020, 10:39 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No they won't. A never Trumper means there is no republican party anymore. It's now become the Trump party which is exactly what the Lincoln Project is fighting against. Trump is off the rails and out of control. They want their party back, they fight for conservative beliefs. Trump is not a conservative. Everyone knows that. He is only out for himself. His rallies have no substance, it's just all about him and how he needs more love. The Lincoln Project are patriots who want to protect our country from someone they think is destroying our democracy.
LMAO! Patriots? you are so full of yourself. What conservative beliefs they are fighting for? less government? less taxes? less regulations? against illegal immigration? against Obamacare 2? against the Green Deal? against packing the court with liberal activist judges? being against Trump is not a conservative believe. They had no problems with 8 years of W Bush if illegal wars (your words liberals) government power grab and the Patriot act? are those conservative values that they look the other way under W Bush as long that they had a nice paying government job as a lobbyists and working for the channels making mega bucks?

How can you destroy the country more with illegal wars, torture, endless illegal immigration, crime bill, patriot act, massive illegal spying by the feds, using the IRS against your political opponents, pushing a far left green deal that is a massive federal power grab and obamacare and obamacare 2 and the list is endless? see the joke of these guys and you calling them patriots. Did they come out and call out W Bush and his torture and illegal wars? They supported it and look the other way under torture and illegal bombings.

Funny, when Libierman went against his party and sided with W Bush, he was outcast by the party. Nobody mentions Libierman in the Democrat party as a patriot for going against the democrat establishment. Most Democrats consider him a traitor and that back stabbed the party. He can't even get a job on the liberal networks with these Lincoln conservatives. See the hypocrisy from you. Under W Bulsh these people were war criminals and now they are patriots because they hate Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2020, 10:43 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
LMAO! Patriots? you are so full of yourself. What conservative beliefs they are fighting for? less government? less taxes? less regulations? against illegal immigration? against Obamacare 2? against the Green Deal? against packing the court with liberal activist judges? being against Trump is not a conservative believe. They had no problems with 8 years of W Bush if illegal wars (your words liberals) government power grab and the Patriot act? are those conservative values that they look the other way under W Bush as long that they had a nice paying government job as a lobbyists and working for the channels making mega bucks?

How can you destroy the country more with illegal wars, torture, endless illegal immigration, crime bill, patriot act, massive illegal spying by the feds, using the IRS against your political opponents, pushing a far left green deal that is a massive federal power grab and obamacare and obamacare 2 and the list is endless? see the joke of these guys and you calling them patriots. Did they come out and call out W Bush and his torture and illegal wars? They supported it and look the other way under torture and illegal bombings.

Funny, when Libierman went against his party and sided with W Bush, he was outcast by the party. Nobody mentions Libierman in the Democrat party as a patriot for going against the democrat establishment. Most Democrats consider him a traitor and that back stabbed the party. He can't even get a job on the liberal networks with these Lincoln conservatives. See the hypocrisy from you. Under W Bulsh these people were war criminals and now they are patriots because they hate Trump?
How am I full of myself. You can babble on but I was talking about the Lincoln Project. You keep going off topic with other issues, but that's ok.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:52 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
How am I full of myself. You can babble on but I was talking about the Lincoln Project. You keep going off topic with other issues, but that's ok.
let me take out the crayons for you. Who are these Lincoln "conservatives"? and what they did under the 8 years of W Bush? They weren't supporting Gore or Kerry.....give it a try, then we can move to 2nd base in this conversation.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
let me take out the crayons for you. Who are these Lincoln "conservatives"? and what they did under the 8 years of W Bush? They weren't supporting Gore or Kerry.....give it a try, then we can move to 2nd base in this conversation.
Nice try but I'm not insulted easily. No crayons needed. So you are telling me that you have no idea who the Lincoln Project is. Educate yourself, be informed and then maybe we can move on to your 2nd base of this conversation.

Old 10-28-2020, 10:59 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
What's funny (and ironic) is that Trump has done more to push the country to the left than Pelosi, Schumer, and the Squad put together. He's destroyed the Republican Party, and discredited the Conservative movement, so moderate and rational right leaning voters that have not been poisoned by the orange Kool-Aid have no choice but to turn to the Dems in order to get rid of this scoundrel.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:04 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Nice try but I'm not insulted easily. No crayons needed. So you are telling me that you have no idea who the Lincoln Project is. Educate yourself, be informed and then maybe we can move on to your 2nd base of this conversation.
I'll give him some help:

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several current and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate. In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

Note that the Lincoln Project wasn't even in existence during the Bush years.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Has there ever been a President or presidential candidate who has so many people within their own party denounce them?

Old 10-28-2020, 11:05 PM

754 posts, read 486,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Makes perfect sense.

Bush 43 was not a criminal.
Wow this is absolutely not what the the left used to say 10 years ago. Its staggering how quickly they've done a complete 360 on this. Bush was by far the most hated man on earth, every liberal wanted him and Cheney thrown in jail wishing death upon the pair of them. Every celebrity threatening to leave had McCain won.

Its actually quite sad really, it shows some people have absolutely no principles.

How bad are they going to sound in 2024? 'At least Trump wasn't..." "But Trump wasn't..." in relation to the current president Tom Cotton.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'll give him some help:

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee formed in late 2019 by several current and former Republicans. The goal of the committee is to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election and defeat his supporters in the United States Senate. In April 2020, the committee announced their endorsement of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

Note that the Lincoln Project wasn't even in existence during the Bush years.
I'm looking forward to my next conversation with him.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:17 PM

754 posts, read 486,053 times
Quote:
No they won't. A never Trumper means there is no republican party anymore. It's now become the Trump party which is exactly what the Lincoln Project is fighting against. Trump is off the rails and out of control. They want their party back, they fight for conservative beliefs. Trump is not a conservative. Everyone knows that. He is only out for himself. His rallies have no substance, it's just all about him and how he needs more love. The Lincoln Project are patriots who want to protect our country from someone they think is destroying our democracy.
The Lincoln project are grifters looking to make money.

The rebuilding of the GOP will be done without them, there are plenty of never trumpers/independents who are willing to return once Trump has gone, however a lot of these never Trumpers who are pushing for a blue tsunami are just will not return period and I'm bored of people saying they will.

Joe Scarborough and Nicole Wallace haven't been Republicans for about 10 years, they just pretended to be ones under Obama but their real feelings have been exposed in the past few years. A lot of MSNBC/CNN 'conservatives' are no different to when Dick Morris/Doug Schoen/Alan Dershowitz claim to be democrats.

I would bet my life savings in a hypothetical match up between Tom Cotton/Nikki Haley vs Joe Biden/Kamala Harris they would back team blue again in 2024. Certain of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies