Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 09:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Every law enforcement agency, city/state/federal, in the country is lead by a civilian (or non-active LE civilian). The exception is County Sheriff Deparment which leads by the Sheriff himself.

Civilian leader leads executive branch of the government is nothing new.
yeah I think I already knew that, but I wasn't commenting on Wolf being a civilian but rather at his lack of experience for such an important job.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:01 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Interesting...

As some may recall, it's Betsy Devos' brother who ran Blackwater (now "Triple Canopy") the security firm that muffed it so badly in Iraq. His company is now providing "private contractors" to DHS as they carry out tRump's gestapo tactics with those green goon squads instigating violence against protesters in Portland, and soon to come to other cities, if tRump and his lickspittles have their way.

"The role that these private contractors are playing in current crowd-control efforts in Portland, and the role they will play going forward if Trump does expand the federal intervention to other cities across the nation, is best described as opaque — seemingly on purpose. The danger, however, is that Trump and his attorney general, William Barr, will expand this private contractor force in extending the reach of the federal response to recent civil rights protests — creating what is essentially a national paramilitary police force."

https://medium.com/@wkc6428/the-lead...e-db137349f8b0

tRump and Barr are following Putin/Stalinist tactics in their attempt to stir up violence for the cameras so they can use the footage in campaign ads.

THIS is tRump's America.

Prince sold Academia back in 2009 or 10. You should really get your facts straight before throwing out more ******* references.

And I love how in this context we are calling contract security officers “private contractors”.

Do you guys ever get tired of your games.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:08 PM

445 posts, read 168,225 times
If it was Trump's America, it would be happening everywhere. But they're only happening in liberal cesspools.

Old 07-24-2020, 10:49 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
[quote=2sleepy;58733263]Maybe you can explain the authority that allows the head of DHS to order "proactive arrests" This whole fiasco is such a joke, I don't know how you can defend it.

Remember Tom Ridge, the first DHS secretary? Here's what he has to say about this fiasco:[/QUOTE

I agree with Mr Ridge. And don’t think many agents agree with all of this, just can’t say anything. DHS has revolving door S1 - only bootlickers now need apply.

But what is he thinking?

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf tweeted unauthorized photographs of federal courthouse in Oregon

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...outputType=amp

Old 07-24-2020, 10:58 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
A brown shirt is a citizen, who will turn in a fellow citizen to their government authorities for not being a patriot.
Don't tell me what a brown shirt is. My parents grew up in that horrible regime.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
[quote=tinytrump;58734018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Maybe you can explain the authority that allows the head of DHS to order "proactive arrests" This whole fiasco is such a joke, I don't know how you can defend it.

Remember Tom Ridge, the first DHS secretary? Here's what he has to say about this fiasco:[/QUOTE

I agree with Mr Ridge. And don’t think many agents agree with all of this, just can’t say anything. DHS has revolving door S1 - only bootlickers now need apply.

But what is he thinking?

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf tweeted unauthorized photographs of federal courthouse in Oregon

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/...outputType=amp
lol I have no idea, I think the whole deal was just a setup for campaign ads so that doesn't really surprise me. Wolf strikes me as being very arrogant and assumes that he can do/say pretty much whatever he wants.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:26 PM

[quote=2sleepy;58734097]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

lol I have no idea, I think the whole deal was just a setup for campaign ads so that doesn't really surprise me. Wolf strikes me as being very arrogant and assumes that he can do/say pretty much whatever he wants.
Did you read the article regarding this very ploy and all the money they spent on the ads. I’ll go find the story.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:28 PM

Here’s the real reason :

Trump goes on attack in new ads about rioters and protesters

https://abc3340.com/amp/news/nation-...-with-protests

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/u...l-ads.amp.html

Old 07-24-2020, 11:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
And their function was? They were narks on anyone who spouted a conscience of their own.
They were a armed police force. There some great documentaries about this sort of stuff. Google some. They're kind of fascinating. Many of them cover how the average German citizen ended up with the country that committed so many atrocities.

Old 07-24-2020, 11:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Don't tell me what a brown shirt is. My parents grew up in that horrible regime.
You could probably then define it even better then I have tried to. Its obscene that this has to be defined to people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies