Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I was referring to what Fauci said, not what someone on this forum said.
Ah, ok.

Well, just for the record Groundstar doesn't believe there is such a thing as COVID-19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 11:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Still wearing his mask more than the orange clown
https://twitter.com/ianmSC/status/1287158224626388992

Statistics are a beech...
in Maui.

Old 07-26-2020, 07:21 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Still wearing his mask more than the orange clown
Wrong thread - this one is about Fauci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
omg this is complete bs. Fauci intentionally misled everybody, including the White House, supposedly to save PPE for health care workers.

https://techstartups.com/2020/06/17/...irus-pandemic/

Which I believe about as much as I do that he took down his mask just "to take a drink", despite having no drink in his hands in the pictures.

And FYI; there was no retail PPE available to be "saved" for health care workers; when he was telling his little white lies. I know this because I wouldn't trust public health officials as far as I can throw them & I started wearing masks in January and they were GONE, supposedly every pharmacy, hardware store & medical supplies store in town had been bought out by the same Chinese American man who hit each store one after another & wiped them out. This is according to the 5 shopkeepers I visited the same day in mid January to buy masks, just hours after he beat me there.

I found my surgicals by getting on my hands & knees & crawling into the shelf at Safeway, finding the 3 boxes he missed, after finding Walmart, Walgreens, two medical supply stores & Ace Hardware completely out, with all the stores giving me the same story; a Chinese American man buying their entire stock, in full, to "send to family in China".

I think; Fauci already knew our PPE was gone. I think he knew more about the virus in China than he revealed & was trying to delay Americans from finding out. I think; his actions cost a lot of lives.
It does make me wonder what other lies are being told to manipulate the masses.

Old 07-26-2020, 01:40 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
"Because so many people have asymptomatic infection, in 25 to 40 of the people...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z95Ly3hY6AY

It looks like you're going to have to mask up for the rest of your lives.
"It looks like you're going to have to mask up for the rest of your lives" Nothing like over exaggerating things.

"will never be eradicated" I suggest you stay in your mother's basement until we do

How long have we been trying to eradicate the common cold?

How long have we been trying to eradicate the flu?

The Flu is probably responsible more many deaths by disease in the world.

Eventually we will find a vaccine just like all the other very dangerous diseases we have come across over the centuries.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:24 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
The issue with the vaccine is that like the flu shot it will likely not be 100% effective. We wont likely be able to produce 6 billion vaccines in one year. Even with a vaccine, this virus will be a threat. Thus masks and social distancing are here permanently. I would not be surprised if both restaurants and grocery stores will be a thing of the past as food is mandated to be delivered to homes. We decided already to give up freedom to fight the virus and now we have no choice but to implement permanent changes.
The masks and social distancing are here permanently? I don't think so as that would be ridiculous!

Old 07-26-2020, 06:27 PM

934 posts, read 1,128,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
"Because so many people have asymptomatic infection, in 25 to 40 of the people...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z95Ly3hY6AY

It looks like you're going to have to mask up for the rest of your lives.

Or create herd immunity after a while, or a vaccine.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:35 PM

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That's right. I tend to take the darker more realistic view on this based on what I'm seeing. What I see is masks and social distancing for at least the next 5 years. I'm not pulling this out of my rear. Laurie Garrett, the Pulitzer Prize winning author of "The Coming Plague" says the virus will be tormenting us for at least 3 years. I think the asymptomatic people together with the fact the antibodies don't last more than 3 months necessitating year round seasonal boosters, and the degree this pandemic will grind the economy and the healthcare system into dust will keep America just this side of 3rd world status for a decade. Children's education will be disrupted for years. These are just some of the repercussions of this horrible plague. It gets much worse but there's not enough room here.
I'm trying not to laugh but I can't help it with this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies