Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:09 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There a man who is called a president who should be bringing peace and unity to his citizens... he is not to blame for this shooting, but he is to blame for the anger between our own country. but go on--- defend your man, its what trumpettes do..24/7 - should get overtime.
A POTUS cannot bring anything to anybody who is unwilling. The anger was there before Trump. It is how he was elected.

And should the Ds win the Senate, House and WhiteHouse the anger will boil up from the other team.

We are a 51-49 divided nation. It is up to us citizens to behave ourselves and seek common ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 08:10 AM

2,001 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
No its not,,, but who started this mess and keeps fanning the flames? Even the world sees it. Prayers for his family and may the shooter or shooters got to jail forever. Was it a democrat who shot him or you are just assuming?
Are you seriously asking this question?

Just look at your user name for your answer.

The tone was set on election night when the should be unbiased media was crying like the world just ended after Trumps election. That tone hasn’t changed in 3.5 years.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:14 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Tell that to your pres when he started calling Mexicans crappy people...when he refused to say the white supremacists where wrong for running into the crowd and killing folks, when he sends out the FEDS to push folks so he can take a picture,,, I could fill the page
Lies. Quote him correctly or join the circus. Black Trump supporter gets killed. Only an idiot would blame Trump for it. How sick does one have to be to think this way.

Liars have zero cred here. “..calling Mexicans crappy...” Fake news. A lie.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:15 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And while I say that only those who commit acts are to blame, things like this make Joe Biden's racist "you ain't blame" statement all the more deplorable.

This is frightening and disgusting.
I think Biden’s remark was “ you ain’t black if you vote for Trump” ..

Trump said “ MAGA loves black people”. He also reached out to “ suburban housewives” to warn them Biden will build densely populated affordable housing in their communities.

Both of these guys make me throw up in my mouth.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:16 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's a bunch of chit. This is and has been an organized effort on the part of the far left and would have happened regardless of who the sitting president was. You know it's true, but you're too weak to admit it, so you resort to lies instead.
Call me what you want, my hubby died so you could say what you please, your freedom. I pray for unity and peace in our nation and equality for all its citizens, but even the outsiders see he is one sided. That is NOT unity.

People around the world have differing assessments of the United States and its president, according to a new Pew Research Center study. On one hand, views of the U.S. are favorable across many of the 33 countries we surveyed in 2019. On the other, confidence in U.S. President Donald Trump is low, though not as low as it was shortly after he took office in 2017. Support for Trump and these policies abroad disproportionately comes from people on the ideological right

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-in-10-charts/

Donald Trump: 'The Great Divider'

Why is Donald Trump different from all other presidents? Because he deliberately divides the country for political gain. It’s his strategy for governing. He’s “The Great Divider.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...-great-divider

Old 07-25-2020, 08:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
A POTUS cannot bring anything to anybody who is unwilling. The anger was there before Trump. It is how he was elected.

And should the Ds win the Senate, House and WhiteHouse the anger will boil up from the other team.

We are a 51-49 divided nation. It is up to us citizens to behave ourselves and seek common ground.
Guy was one of those well known harmless street corner evangelicals , a Trump AND a BLM supporter.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:22 AM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Call me what you want, my hubby died so you could say what you please, your freedom. I pray for unity and peace in our nation and equality for all its citizens, but even the outsiders see he is one sided. That is NOT unity.

People around the world have differing assessments of the United States and its president, according to a new Pew Research Center study. On one hand, views of the U.S. are favorable across many of the 33 countries we surveyed in 2019. On the other, confidence in U.S. President Donald Trump is low, though not as low as it was shortly after he took office in 2017. Support for Trump and these policies abroad disproportionately comes from people on the ideological right

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-in-10-charts/

Donald Trump: 'The Great Divider'

Why is Donald Trump different from all other presidents? Because he deliberately divides the country for political gain. It’s his strategy for governing. He’s “The Great Divider.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...-great-divider
Sorry that your hubby died, but that is no excuse for many of the things you say. If you are truly interested in uniting this country, then take your blinders off and see that there are good people, and then there are bad people on both sides of the isle who have been in power far too long and are far more interested doing what is best for themselves instead of what is best for the citizens of this country. They are public servants and need to start acting like it. There are also very selfish extreme organizations who do not care about you regardless of whether you support their causes or not. I did not vote for Trump, but I cannot deny that he did state that he planned to drain the swamp and that is why I believe there is so much hatred for him.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:25 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
So much for the progressive left’s claims to being tolerant 1st amendment rights supporters. They are honestly the most intolerant, hateful, racists on this planet. So this is what happens if you dare to stray from their group-think mentality... you get shot. Nice.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiBelle View Post
So much for the progressive left’s claims to being tolerant 1st amendment rights supporters. They are honestly the most intolerant, hateful, racists on this planet. So this is what happens if you dare to stray from their group-think mentality... you get shot. Nice.
Until we know who shot this peaceful man, it's hard to say the exact motive.

But I will say this. I'll send you 10 bucks if the murderer voted in the March primaries.

Old 07-25-2020, 08:29 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Lies. Quote him correctly or join the circus. Black Trump supporter gets killed and only An idiot would blame Trump for it. How sick does one have to be to think this way.
Liars have zero cred here. “..calling Mexicans crappy...” Fake news. A lie.
I said give the facts,,, about the shooter before deciding who is to blame... and as far as mrT, this is happening under his watch. but you wanted some quotes

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” he said. “They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

“When you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just seen them thrown in, rough. I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice,’” he said.

“When you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head you know, the way you put their hand over [their head],” Trump added mimicking a cop arresting a suspect. “Like, ‘Don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody, don’t hit their head.’ I said, ‘You can take the hand away, okay?’

“Why are we having all these people from xxxxhole countries come here?” the president asked, according to those in the meeting.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump added. “Take them out.”

Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh. After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ed-immigrants/

Racial views of Donald Trump

Lawyers for the five defendants said that Trump's advertisement had inflamed public opinion.[56] The city settled the case for $41 million in 2014. In June of that year, Trump called the settlement "a disgrace" and said that the group's guilt was still likely: "Settling doesn't mean innocence. [...] These young men do not exactly have the pasts of angels."[59][60]

In October 2016, when Trump campaigned to be president, he said that Central Park Five were guilty and that their convictions should never have been vacated,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial...f_Donald_Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies