Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 11:08 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I thought this was going to be about a Conservative being shut down by her Lefty friends but no. That has happened to me and my wife for daring to admit that we preferred Trump over Hilary. I used to engage people with a common sense approach to at least have them consider the other side of the coin but one family member summed up the stance of many on the Left when she said "I don't care about the facts". Oh well her loss.

I say the experience of that woman in the Op's link comes down to the fact that people are tired of all this "woke" nonsense. We all were horrified at the death of George Floyd at the knee of that sadistic cop but what do the riots, the burning the looting, the cancel culture children tantrums, the tearing down of statues and the overall hatred of the Police have to do with honoring Floyd. How does hating all cops make sense when it is only a small tiny percentage that is bad? Show me a profession that does not have a few bad people in it?

In a mere handful of months we may just be subjected to a long 4 years of pandering and knee jerk "woke" appeasements to anyone or any group that has ever felt a victim of the white man and who demands attention for their oppression whether real or perceived.

Lord Help Us.
Amazing that in the middle of a pandemic that is your big concern.

I’m more concerned about deaths, unemployment and massive deficits.

I’ve never been affected by the woke group or cancel culture I suggest you get away from the computer for awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 11:08 AM

4,660 posts, read 1,951,679 times
most people you "know" on Social Media are not your friends. It baffles me every time i hear people refer to them as such.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,626 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
most people you "know" on Social Media are not your friends. It baffles me every time i hear people refer to them as such.
People on my facebook friends are all my friends and family.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:15 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Maybe adults should stop acting like 12 year old middle school girls
I mean ... yeah ... Duh.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:17 AM

3,499 posts, read 2,786,886 times
If the woman was ostracized by her friends due to not supporting BLM the responses in this thread would be very different.

Frankly both Liberals and Conservatives are ostracized by the other side from time to time. It's just that they only focus on when the other side is doing the ostracizing and not when their side is dong the ostracizing.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:19 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Maybe adults should stop acting like 12 year old middle school girls
This. /thread.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:30 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
I'll bet this woman has lots of participation trophies in her home.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:42 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
If the woman was ostracized by her friends due to not supporting BLM the responses in this thread would be very different.

Frankly both Liberals and Conservatives are ostracized by the other side from time to time. It's just that they only focus on when the other side is doing the ostracizing and not when their side is dong the ostracizing.
Why assume that her friends are on the other side?

Maybe they agree with her but they're just tired of her posts.

Old 07-25-2020, 11:58 AM

13,726 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, she's right, her friends are living their lives.

My guess is, if she posted a pic of a flower in her yard or her cute dog, she'd get lots of likes and comments.

Facebook is tiring when people are harping every day on issues from either side - and I have both on my friends feed - and it's just such a lovely thing when someone posts a sunset or a weird looking lizard they saw on a hike.

When I first started using hotmail years ago there was a feature which let my friends know when I was online.

It became annoying when I was trying to write an email and suddenly a friend would pop up wanting to chat.

When Facebook become popular I didn't join. I didn't want to deal with the endless vanity posts people send.

Facebook, twitter, Instagram I'm on none of it. My wife is on Facebook so I can read what family and extended family members are writing these days. A good 75% is political.

Fortunately, my wife never responses unless it's important like the birth of a child, new job ect.

Last edited by john3232; 07-25-2020 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-25-2020, 11:59 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Stop the press!

You mean to tell me someone on social media got their feelings hurt? I simply can't believe it. That's never happened before, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies