Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 03:41 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
Residents of Asian countries made various independent choices to wear masks because of the filthiness of their unscrubbed coal plant air.

American leftist neurotics watched and emulated their attire (without comprehending the rationale), but were then too self conscious to without demanding the same of everyone around them, which soon morphed into externalizations about others' absolute need to.

Meanwhile you've brought society to an indefinite stop, with no path toward normalization of your work, educational, recreational opportunities without catcalls that they're ever too risky.
I agree, these leftist neurotics don't even seem to want to talk about re-opening our economy, getting people back to work, our kids back in school, etc. All they have is their constant fear mongering. I've talked to a few of them and many of them are talking about us having to wear masks, practice social distancing for another whole year or more and including keeping the economy at a standstill. Are they really this crazy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 03:42 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My brother was stationed in Japan in the late 80s. He said even back then, if someone was sick, they isolated themselves. Not sure about wearing masks, but I know at least in the recent past Asians seem to grasp its importance more than this country.
My brother lived in China about 15 years ago, it was similar there, including masks. Wearing a mask helps protect others, it's seen as selfish to not wear one. Honestly, that makes a lot of sense.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Why do we keep driving on the right side and stopping at stop signs? Why do we keep the safety on the gun when we're not wielding it? Why do we wear helmets while riding a motorcycle? Why do we have airbags in our cars? Why do we avoid touching a hot plate? Why do we wear eye protection in a shop? Would you believe somebody who told you we don't need to do these things? If they did, would you suspect them of stupidity?
Does any of the above effect our economy negatively, keep people from working, our kids out of school, etc.? You're analogy falls flatter than a pancake!

We ARE wearing the masks and practicing social distancing and yet all of the above is still happening!

Old 07-26-2020, 03:50 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
The push back against wearing masks shows how inherently humans want to fight being told what to do. Wearing a mask doesn't affect anything. Aside from those with medical reasons not to, it's lazy and selfish going against recommendations.

The shutting down of everything is a different story. That has huge repercussions. Businesses are either hammered or simply failed. In the wake of that are employees losing their jobs. In the wake of that are their personal lives and families being turned upside down. In the wake of that are many who can't handle the loss of earnings and lose their houses, may affect their marriages (if they are married), and psychologically can have long term if not permanent effects.

I am no doctor. I prefer to err on the side of caution. Therefore I adhere to recommendations. I cancelled all out of state trips this year choosing to do anything recreational in state. I choose to order take out instead of sitting in recently open restaurants. When and if bars open I won't be there for a while. I avoid crowds. I can adjust. Some people simply can't or won't.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:51 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Protestors, arsonists, and looters beg to to differ.

You’re crazy if you think protestors are keeping a 6 foot radius around them.

Liberals: “No school! No working! It’s dangerous!”
Also Liberals: “Lets protest! The revolution starts now!”
Didn't have much of an issue with protestors where I live, but those Lake of the Ozark pool parties on Memorial Day weekend... oh, boy...

The major holidays are the big hurdles... the local 4th of July fireworks festival was crowded with people not wearing masks. That issue is probably manifesting itself about now, if not already.

What's the next major holiday? Labor Day? I hope this thing isn't around during Thanksgiving. The Holidays are rolling towards us and that has me worried.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Your post is disingenuous. Clearly dining outside in an open tent is not the same as being in an enclosed building.

Maybe you should set higher standards for your carry out. The restaurants I frequent require the employees to be masked.

Apparently is safe to gather in crowds when you want to scream 2nd amendment and storm capitol buildings as well, but you conveniently left those groups out.
Um, it's the leftist liberals that are storming buildings and setting them on fire.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The push back against wearing masks shows how inherently humans want to fight being told what to do. Wearing a mask doesn't affect anything. Aside from those with medical reasons not to, it's lazy and selfish going against recommendations.

The shutting down of everything is a different story. That has huge repercussions. Businesses are either hammered or simply failed. In the wake of that are employees losing their jobs. In the wake of that are their personal lives and families being turned upside down. In the wake of that are many who can't handle the loss of earnings and lose their houses, may affect their marriages (if they are married), and psychologically can have long term if not permanent effects.

I am no doctor. I prefer to err on the side of caution. Therefore I adhere to recommendations. I cancelled all out of state trips this year choosing to do anything recreational in state. I choose to order take out instead of sitting in recently open restaurants. When and if bars open I won't be there for a while. I avoid crowds. I can adjust. Some people simply can't or won't.
I do comply with the mandated safety issues. However, it's everything in your second paragraph that is upsetting to me also. It's totally not necessary and will hurt us all more than the virus itself.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:08 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Um, it's the leftist liberals that are storming buildings and setting them on fire.
Um you can unroll your eyes because we also saw gun toting crowds in Michigan and Ohio to name a couple of states. But you and those of your ilk like to just skip over the ish you did while pointing fingers at others.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Um you can unroll your eyes because we also saw gun toting crowds in Michigan and Ohio to name a couple of states. But you and those of your ilk like to just skip over the ish you did while pointing fingers at others.
Link to their rioting and looting, please. I'll wait! It's easy to point fingers at the liberal left as their rioting and looting are being seen on nationwide TV and the internet. I have family in the Portland, OR area and they are witnesses to it.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:38 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post

What's the next major holiday? Labor Day? I hope this thing isn't around during Thanksgiving. The Holidays are rolling towards us and that has me worried.
This "thing" is going to be around as long as the radical left communists, and their lapdog media tells you that it is.

And when they have rode this "thing" into the dirt, and it has been soundly rejected as the fraud it is, they will find a new "thing" to stifle your freedom with. Until they themselves have been rejected as the authoritarian liars they are.

It took the Russian population 70 years to reject the communist soviets. How long will it take real Americans?

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies