Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 05:52 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times

Advertisements

You kids get off my lawn!

Old 07-26-2020, 06:02 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Goodell should have kicked them out of the NFL for kneeling.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:04 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Preach on Mike!

Gotta love those old school guys.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mike-di...165927721.html
No oppression in the past 100 years? Does he have dementia?

Old 07-26-2020, 06:09 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Mike is right.....if you are not happy here, and think you are not treated right.....get out....see how happy you will be in a different country......especially you loud mouths, that are making millions.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:10 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Mike's a grown-up....and his words are simple truth. This is not complicated. Thank you, Mike.

Major league sports is finished in this spoiled teen tantrum mode. COVID has crushed much of their business and will continue to do so for a while. Only mindless teens would throw away what remains salvageable by alienating their fan support. Complete and utter fools. Financial ruin well deserved.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:17 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Many more millions know there is no disrespect in exposing police brutality and racial inequality...the kneeling will not stop until some constructive changes are made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
The kneelers would like us to believe it has nothing to do with disrespecting the flag. If that is true, I propose that all of those losers stand tall and proud with hand over heart when the anthem plays, then when they come out to start the second half, they can all line up facing each other on the 50 yard line and kneel for 60 seconds.

Kneeling has everything to do with disrespecting the flag or they wouldn't do it during the anthem. They know that is the time to pi$$ true American's off and gain the most attention..!
It is totally disrespecting the flag!
If they did not want to disrespect the flag, they would kneel BEFORE the National Anthem. Then, they could stand for the flag during the national Anthem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If Ditka can say what he said, then I can say what I want to say. If I have to live with the Confederate rag, then Ditka has to live with athletes kneeling. I'm pathetic? Ditka's not any better.
I agree with Ditka. My Dad and 9 Uncles were vets of WWII. My brother, 7 first cousins, and I were vets during the Viet Nam conflict. The kneelers are tarnishing the memory of every veteran who gave his all for this country. They sacrificed so you could voice your opinion.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:20 PM

2,707 posts, read 1,033,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
As a bear fan I usually cannot stand Ditka. But on this he is 100 percent correct!!!
Why? He played for the Bears and coached them to a super bowl.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:32 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Many of the kneelers have relative's that have fought in the exact same wars...probably more so in Viet Nam since the rich had a way out with "bone spur" excuses that African Americans and the poor couldn't use. Just don't watch sports if you cannot handle some kneeling before the game.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:45 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Why? He played for the Bears and coached them to a super bowl.
That team won because Ryan ran the defense and Jim ran the offense. When Ryan left and Jim wa shurt the team was run by Ditka and instead of winning with all of that talent they never won again. Plus the players never respected him. They respected Ryan and Jim but not Ditka. Ditka was more interested in doing commercials and shows than in coaching a winner

A real coach with that team wins 4 titles!

Old 07-26-2020, 07:10 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic2Infinity View Post
Interesting story I read a while back. I think it was a punkrock subreddit. Anyways:

So this guy is sitting at a bar. The bartender didn't seem very talkative. So the guy just sat there minding his own business. Later this guy comes in with jacket. The seemed cool and asked or a drink. The bartender picks up a bat from under the counter and tells the man to get the [bleep] out. The guy just insists that he wants a drink and doesn't want any trouble. The bartender again says "No, GET OUT!". The guy leaves. The guy who witnessed it asked the bartender what was wrong with the guy. Why he got kicked out.

The bartender replied:

"You probably didn't notice, but his jacket had an iron cross and he had nazi tattoos on his neck. These guys try to come in being polite and well behaved. You let your guard down, they'll bring a friend, then another friend. Next thing you know you have a bar full of nazis and they're no longer polite, your bar just became a nazi hangout".
You can count the number of "nazis" in the US if you can find them because they are as rare as hen's teeth. Pants on the ground gang bangers? Every big city has hundreds of thousands of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies