Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 05:22 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

The mask is the new symbol of oppression and submission to big government. The Nazi armband of today's society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 05:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The mask is the new symbol of oppression and submission to big government. The Nazi armband of today's society.
For someone who doesn't understand that any government is big government this is probably true.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:29 PM

322 posts, read 244,548 times
Yea, I don't get it. Why is it anyone's business who wears a mask or not? I don't need some complete stranger telling me to put on or take off a mask. Worry about yourself. Wearing or not wearing a mask is my business. You leave me alone & I'll leave you alone.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:32 PM

303 posts, read 111,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dump1567 View Post
Yea, I don't get it. Why is it anyone's business who wears a mask or not? I don't need some complete stranger telling me to put on or take off a mask. Worry about yourself. Wearing or not wearing a mask is my business. You leave me alone & I'll leave you alone.
Because we have complete strangers telling us we must wear a mask and actively attempting to put the force of law behind it. Get it now?

Old 07-26-2020, 05:33 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
Flu season is coming up, Lekrii. I'd hate for you to ever remove your mask.
I don't, when I'm around people who might get sick.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:35 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,653,459 times
I agree with others, best to stay to yourself in this society of ours these days, where people of ALL backgrounds and political affiliations are exceptionally eager to start a very public fight. We have people walking around in our world with chips o their shoulders looking for a confrontation or anything that will give them an excuse to explode and then be filmed for social media's sake.

My life is simply not worth it to get into an argument with someone, or even say anything to them whether they wear a mask or not wear a mask. Guns have already been pulled and people have lost their lives for petty arguments in public.

Old 07-26-2020, 05:41 PM

7,928 posts, read 3,469,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundstar View Post
I persuaded two people last week about the absurdity of their masks to the extent that they removed them; I knew neither of them.

Hopefully there are others who also verbally reach out to their fellow human beings in a time when the planners and propagators of this fake event want the opposite of society, want fear and isolation and a shutdown of community and open communication.
I'm sure they put the masks back on as soon as they were out of your sight.

Come on man, just let people be. We've got politics in our faces 24/7 we don't need random strangers forcing us in to political conversations when we go out to shop. You're lucky those people decided to just take their masks off long enough to shut you up. Others won't respond so politely.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:09 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Some folks hug their principles tighter than an anaconda hugs a capybara.

Quote:
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.” -- Bruce Lee

Let the Golden Rule be the guide and adapt, for the situation, your adherence to your principles.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:12 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I've yet to receive an answer from liberals when I specifically ask what the point of social distancing is if mask work and what's the point of mask if social distancing works? Neither are effective individually so how in the world are they effective together?! None of it makes a modicum of sense but because liberal politicians endorsed it, it must be true. The same people who said mask weren't effective months ago.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:22 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,917,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I've yet to receive an answer from liberals when I specifically ask what the point of social distancing is if mask work and what's the point of mask if social distancing works? Neither are effective individually so how in the world are they effective together?! None of it makes a modicum of sense but because liberal politicians endorsed it, it must be true. The same people who said mask weren't effective months ago.
The point is to reduce risk of transmission. Both wearing a mask as well as social distancing reduce risk. The idea is wearing a mask and not getting close to people are two simple things that are easy enough even a child can follow them, to lower the number of deaths due to covid. This isn't a political issue. This is a medical concern, and it's not incredibly difficult.

It's odd that wearing a mask to help protect other people from dying is offensive to some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies