Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 01:36 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You should know better than to ask questions you don't know the answer to.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...ot-a-lot-right
Ha! Polls said who would be elected President. We elect Presidents through STATES and the Electoral College, not national, aggregate popular vote. What a joke! They ALL said Hillary would be President. They ALL were wrong!

Once again you show your ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 01:36 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I will not dispute the takers are rapidly outnumbering the makers.

I had always hoped it wouldn’t happen in my natural lifetime.
All those Appalachian opiod-takers who live in the red states are voting Democrat, huh?

Old 07-27-2020, 01:39 PM

298 posts, read 116,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://news.gallup.com/poll/315734/...democrats.aspx

The graphic is especially impressive. There is a massive swing to the left in public sentiment. This is reminiscent of GWB’s second term when Americans were finally fed up with his presidency. The same is happening with Trump and the sentiment is palpable.
Unfortunately, I now consider myself a Dem-leaning independent. I've always been Repub-leaning, but the Republicans have been doing such a terrible job with their handling COVID and make absolutely no sense in their policy decisions. Trump has been bad, but I especially dislike Mitch McConnell.

I consider him to be the Republican version of Bill de Blasio: very unlikeable and very punchable face.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That kind of 'popular support' poll doesn't matter when the swing States always decide the winner, and as of today Trump leads at least Ohio, and I believe Florida is very close.
DeSantis's approval ratings are down 30+% and Fox News (which has an "A-" poll rating) has Trump down 49-40 with registered voters (Miami Herald reported Friday that it's greater than that).

Old 07-27-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeAZguy View Post
Unfortunately, I now consider myself a Dem-leaning independent. I've always been Repub-leaning, but the Republicans have been doing such a terrible job with their handling COVID and make absolutely no sense in their policy decisions. Trump has been bad, but I especially dislike Mitch McConnell.

I consider him to be the Republican version of Bill de Blasio: very unlikeable and very punchable face.
Agree about McConnell. In fact, Trump isn't even in my top three: Alex Jones gets the gold, Tucker Carlson the silver, and McConnell the bronze.

Old 07-27-2020, 01:45 PM

298 posts, read 116,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Agree about McConnell. In fact, Trump isn't even in my top three: Alex Jones gets the gold, Tucker Carlson the silver, and McConnell the bronze.
I don't know much about Alex Jones (except that he's a crazy conspiracy theorist - even when I was a super Trump supporter, I never paid attention to that guy).

I absolutely agree about Tucker Carlson. Holy sh*t, that guy is extremely obnoxious-looking (never actually watched a segment of his or listened to his viewpoints).

Old 07-27-2020, 01:52 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
https://news.gallup.com/poll/315734/...democrats.aspx

The graphic is especially impressive. There is a massive swing to the left in public sentiment. This is reminiscent of GWB’s second term when Americans were finally fed up with his presidency. The same is happening with Trump and the sentiment is palpable.
Great, the cancer spreads.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:11 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Trump’s whole presidency has been a joke, and of course you should hold him to it. Do you like being lied to? Is there something comforting about it to you? Why should WE treat this president’s lies differently than his predecessors, just because YOU are OK being lied to?

Anyway, hopefully the joke ends soon.
^^^^This is rich!

You were okay with being lied to by his predecessor. Thus you have no claim to any high ground.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
DeSantis's approval ratings are down 30+% and Fox News (which has an "A-" poll rating) has Trump down 49-40 with registered voters (Miami Herald reported Friday that it's greater than that).
DeSantis threw a pick-six every time he had the ball, so it does not surprise me.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:55 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, what the hell has Trump done to successfully put down the riots and looting in this country? Absolutely nothing! Calling in the Feds only made things even worse across the country, especially in Portland. Seriously, WannaliveinGreenville, voting for Trump would be an incredibly wrong and foolish thing to do.
He's not authorized to do anything. And you're completely missing the point about the election. It doesn't matter how incompetent you think Trump is. He's infinitely better than someone who will (competently or incompetently) deliberately attempt to implement disastrous racist policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies