Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 06:30 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You can continue to post on CD. That will show them.
Aren’t you supposed to post your political feelings on CD? Not much of a zinger. I don’t think this poster thinks that posting on CD will show them anything, does anyone feel this way on CD? It’s a forum where you talk about your interests, current events, your opinion on political matters, etc. Nothing more, nothing less.

What I don’t agree with this poster is that I feel she tries to project these attitudes on the entire black community. It doesn’t help though that there is a problem with this with prominent figures in the black community though.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:30 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
You can continue to post on CD. That will show them.
Actually, you'll be happy to know that I've joined a group of former Jewish Democrats who are so appalled by the blatant antisemitism being tolerated - even promoted - by the Democrat Party that they are voting for Trump.

But again, as a black man, can you acknowledge that it is wrong for the leader of the Philly NAACP - an organization dedicated to stamping out prejudice - to post an anti-Jew meme and then refuse to apologize for his prejudice? I'll wait.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Aren’t you supposed to post your political feelings on CD? Not much of a zinger. I don’t think this poster thinks that posting on CD will show them anything, does anyone feel this way on CD? It’s a forum where you talk about your interests, current events, your opinion on political matters, etc. Nothing more, nothing less.
Thank you. That's what everyone here is doing.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:41 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Actually, you'll be happy to know that I've joined a group of former Jewish Democrats who are so appalled by the blatant antisemitism being tolerated - even promoted - by the Democrat Party that they are voting for Trump.

Quote:
But again, as a black man, can you acknowledge that it is wrong for the leader of the Philly NAACP - an organization dedicated to stamping out prejudice - to post an anti-Jew meme and then refuse to apologize for his prejudice? I'll wait.
Exactly.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:44 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Hate and bigotry are wrong, full stop.

Sadly, they exist and are almost certainly present in just about any organization you can name.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:45 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:

Of course you are voting for Trump. He definitely has a bunch of people in his cabinet who love Jewish people. Yes, that’s sarcasm.

I haven’t seen the meme but yes, if it’s true he shouldn’t have posted it. That’s should be the end of it but you have an agenda so you paint with the broadest of brushes.

Once again it’s the oppression olympics and you are going for the gold.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hate and bigotry are wrong, full stop.

Sadly, they exist and are almost certainly present in just about any organization you can name.
But isn't it EXTRA ironic when it exists - and so overtly - in an organization whose very purpose is to fight back against hate and bigotry? That's the point. Not that it's in "about any organization you can name" but that it's in organizations whose charter is to reduce prejudice.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Of course you are voting for Trump. He definitely has a bunch of people in his cabinet who love Jewish people. Yes, that’s sarcasm.

I haven’t seen the meme but yes, if it’s true he shouldn’t have posted it. That’s should be the end of it but you have an agenda so you paint with the broadest of brushes.

Once again it’s the oppression olympics and you are going for the gold.
An agenda? You mean to keep the party who is tolerating antisemitism out of office? Yes, as a Jew, I admit that. (Of course, that's not the only, or even primary, reason. I'm not too thrilled with the party that is condoning and enabling out-of-control violence and destruction in their cities.)

And I didn't bring up anything about oppression olympics. I am pointing out antisemitism among a black civil rights organization, dedicated - ironically - to fighting prejudice.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
But isn't it EXTRA ironic when it exists - and so overtly - in an organization whose very purpose is to fight back against hate and bigotry? That's the point. Not that it's in "about any organization you can name" but that it's in organizations whose charter is to reduce prejudice.
Well, the NAACP is naturally focused on hate and bigotry against blacks, specifically. If they see Jewish folks (or Asian folks, or Latino folks, etc) as being "part of the problem" - which I'm not saying they necessarily do - it shouldn't be surprising.

Regardless, I think this guy should apologize at the very least.

Old 07-27-2020, 06:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
After the recent instance of the antisemitic post by the leader of Philly’s NAACP (a meme used by new-Nazis), for which he defiantly refuses to apologize, I did some research. This “leader,” whose job it is to fight racism against blacks, had a leadership role in Farrakhan's “Jews are termites” Nation of Islam for 23 years. And blacks in Philly elected him anyway!

I’ve had it. I don’t want to hear blacks complain about being treated unfairly until theIr primary organization set to fight against racism calls out the antisemites in their ranks. Instead, they are allowing it to go on. I am inflamed that this leader of civil rights for one minority advances hatred against another minority.

https://whyy.org/articles/philly-naa...der-president/
Out of curiosity, were you just as "inflamed" when Trump said countries with black leaders are "s***-hole countries," called inner-city black neighborhoods "rat-infested hell holes where no decent human being would want to live," called Mexicans "rapists & murderers," and called KKK & White Supremacists that murdered a woman "very fine people."

Where you "inflamed" about that, too? That one statement you're upset about came from a low(er) level, non political appointed person.

Those other four statements came from the President of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies