Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 09:34 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
BBC. May as well link a story from the National Enquirer. I’m glad you love China so much. My neighbor who is in his 70’s and a SE Asian immigrant gave me the real facts on China so if you don’t mind I will ignore your paid for propaganda. Human trafficking, enslaving political opponents, disappearing Christians simply because of their religion and much worse. That is the real China and witnessed by a man I trust 1000X more than a pathetic propagandist.

China is going to end up a smoking ruin if they continue down the path they are on, that is a guarantee.
Where is your neighbor from? SE Asia comprises various countries (excluding China), some of which anti-Chinese. If he didn't live in China he can only repeat what he hears and reads from others, for instance Radio Free Asia.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:36 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Where is your neighbor from? SE Asia comprises various countries (excluding China), some of which anti-Chinese. If he didn't live in China he can only repeat what he hears and reads from others, for instance Radio Free Asia.
Nice try, he travels there often to visit family and hears it directly from witnesses. The Vietnamese people are being abused by your Chinese heroes.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:41 AM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
China's a great country as long as we ignore the industrial espionage, theft of intellectual property and dumping of products.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Being pro-China is not going to win you much support for more reasons than can be listed here.

It is a communist country with an oppressive government. You are not going to convince anyone that's a good thing.
Personally, I don't have any problem with communism. In fact, China is not really communist to begin with, it is simply back to its old self, i.e. a strong central government and a lot of manufacturing and trade, just like in the Middle Ages for instance. That whole communism vs capitalism thingy is kind of irrelevant because it is just words used by ideologists.

People who actually go to China don't confirm oppression. A German business partner of mine used to travel to China frequently (until Corona came along) and he liked it there, he actually said that the Chinese are more similar to Germans than Americans are.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:45 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,089 times
Quote:
OP, do you know that China has essentially stolen millions of acres of land from Vietnam? They awarded themselves a 99 year lease and the Vietnamese who aren’t leaving are being disappeared as we speak. The China you love so much.

You should be banned for this propaganda.
They have also stolen millions of acres in Tibet.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Communist boot-lickers will always come up with excuses for their attempts at defending the indefensible.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
OP, do you know that China has essentially stolen millions of acres of land from Vietnam? They awarded themselves a 99 year lease and the Vietnamese who aren’t leaving are being disappeared as we speak. The China you love so much.

You should be banned for this propaganda.
It was given to them by the Vietnamese government. They didn't take the land just like that.
Why did Vietnam agree to that lease, which is available for other countries as well, by the way? Probably because they need Chinese investment.

One might also say that HK was stolen from China for 99 years.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:53 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, I have criticized China when it was appropriate, for instance regarding the smuggling of rhino horns and ivory, superstition/traditional Chinese medicine.

But politically, indeed, I have never fallen for the China bashing that is so popular in the West.
And investigating the dirty details makes sense, it confirms my unbiased attitude was and is right.
cite a single instance where you took the side of any other country over china.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:54 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
China is acting more and more like an empire-building state bent on expansion. Smart governments would unify their response to the Chinese government's behavior. Unfortunately, DJT is a bit strategically clueless and diplomatically inept, so this hasn't happened yet.

That being said, I don't blame them for COVID-19. Worse case it was an accidental release by a sloppy worker. More likely it came from nature.

Last edited by rjshae; 07-27-2020 at 10:03 AM..

Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
China, and Russia both, are due to implode due to their unrecoverable fertility rates. China gave women the permission, some time ago, to have 2 children, and 70% of Chinese women said, No way Jose! 1 child is enough!

And will there even be enough workers to man the thousands of nursing homes some day in China?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies