Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2020, 12:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times

Advertisements

China is just a different version of the word commanche, it means enemy.

Old 09-14-2020, 12:40 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastwanted View Post
So it's China's fault when there are bugs in your house?
Can you be more ridiculous than that? Do you know the first case of AIDS in China was imported from the US, and since then many people have died?

Why only American complain about their dogs getting poisoned by Chinese dog food? Maybe you are completely wrong and China is just a scapegoat as usual? Even if it is true, it is like 10+ years ago already, and the producers are likely to be American companies.
It isn't just American dogs. Dogs in Mexico and Canada also got poisoned.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Health...4506312&page=1

From the link:

Paul K. Henderson, president and CEO of Menu Foods, said during a teleconference Friday afternoon that "we don't know how the substance got into our products." However, he confirmed that the company imports wheat gluten from China.

Also from the article:

The pet food was sold in sealed packets in the United States, Canada and Mexico under 50 brand names of dog food and 40 brand names of cat food. The brands include Iams, Science Diet, America's Choice, Preferred Pets, Eukanuba, and Nutriplan. The stores that sold them include Ahold USA Inc., Kroger Co., Safeway, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., PetSmart Inc. and Pet Valu Inc. A full list can be seen at the Menu Foods Web site at www.menufoods.com/recall.

--------------------------------------------

Stop making excuses for the Chicoms

Old 09-14-2020, 05:06 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Communist China spied on 2.4M Australians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvhc2PvIdU

Old 09-15-2020, 04:55 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I admit I HATE China. Not the people. I had chinese take out and the guy and the lady there that own it were super nice as always. They come here legally, they can chase the american dream like anybody else. I've known some that weren't here legally and were playing the system for their own advantage. Fortunately that scheme went belly up and they left. Left some big unpaid bills but none of it was owed to me so I guess the banks ans school districts that wanted to be so progressive are a little poorer but wiser. Probably not. They'll be as big a fools as ever and pass the cost of their losses onto the rest of us. Oh, well.
But I HATE the government of China. Why? Poisoned dog treats. 3 of our dogs got sick before we made the connection. Stink bugs. Every time I see a stink bug in my house, or dozens of them when it gets colder, or one buzzing the lights in the bathroom I just wish China a 9.0 earthquake. Spotted lanternflies. How much is this going to cost the US economy in agriculture. I see dozens of them outside everywhere I go. They are another nuisance imported for China. I stomp on them like they're ANTIFA or BLM. Useless bugs.
And finally, Covid 19. The virus sprang up just coincidentally where they have a lab that grows these pathogens. Coincidental timing too, just before our election.
China SUCKS ASS. And Biden is friendly to them to he SUCKS ASS.

Does the Chinese government produce and export dog food?

Do you also hate the countries where pythons came from and invaded the Everglades?

The virus first surfaced in November 2019 or even earlier, how is that just before your election? Not to mention that the world does not revolve around your country and elections, even if many Americans foolishly believe that.
As long as nobody released the virus on purpose (which can be ruled out, no country infects one of its own major cities), I don't care how it escaped, accidents do happen. A century ago it was the American Flu, do we Europeans hold a grudge because of all the millions of dead Europeans?

Old 09-15-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Communist China spied on 2.4M Australians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbvhc2PvIdU
He says 35k, not 2.4m Australians.

Sounds modest compared to what Snowden's leaks revealed about US and British spying on everyone around the world.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:03 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
He says 35k, not 2.4m Australians.

Sounds modest compared to what Snowden's leaks revealed about US and British spying on everyone around the world.
The more I hear about China, the more it confirms how much trouble China really is...

Old 09-15-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The more I hear about China, the more it confirms how much trouble China really is...
No more trouble than the US and even the EU, which is also quite a nasty organization behind its friendly facade.
The bigger countries become, the more they are prone to abuse their size. That is unfortunately a rule of thumb in my view.

Old 09-15-2020, 05:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
"I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign."

Joe, is that you?

Old 03-18-2021, 05:02 PM

Half a year later...

I've stumbled upon an interesting Youtube page of an American guy who actually lived in China for about a decade (although he moved on to Canada last year) and learned the language, which gave him access to the Chinese people and the way they think, insights we just don't have here in the West.

I know most Americans just don't wanna know or don't dare watch anything that might prove them wrong, but still, maybe a few of you will find those videos interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CyrusJanssen/videos

Old 03-18-2021, 05:19 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Half a year later...

I've stumbled upon an interesting Youtube page of an American guy who actually lived in China for about a decade (although he moved on to Canada last year) and learned the language, which gave him access to the Chinese people and the way they think, insights we just don't have here in the West.

I know most Americans just don't wanna know or don't dare watch anything that might prove them wrong, but still, maybe a few of you will find those videos interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CyrusJanssen/videos
I don't know any Chinese people personally, but the majority of them I come across as customers in my job have demonstrated a high incidence of sneaky, dishonest behavior. Add to that the proliferation of dishonest business practices and a shocking disregard for animal welfare....Not a fan of the culture at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies