Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 11:43 AM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,747 times

Advertisements

You wouldn't after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU-Y...LaJlI&index=34

Old 03-30-2021, 01:59 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Hehe, that is one silly video, full of stereotypes about China. As if that boy knew what Chinese politicians are thinking and planning. The overwhelming majority of the Chinese are fine people. And their leaders are, well, politicians, no worse than in the US or Britain.

And once they are at the top again, the IP theft will also decrease a lot. Not to mention that the US also hacks into Chinese computers and steals information:
https://blogs.360.cn/post/APT-C-39_CIA_EN.html

The Hudson Institute is known for its conservative, militaristic attitudes.

Also, why would China reduce its missiles and stuff? I never got that because both the US and Russia have way more atomic bombs than China. So why would China enter in any agreement to limit themselves, which would effectively freeze the unequal potential?!

In view of the fact that the US and Britain have been trying for decades to topple the Chinese government, why would China be so stupid as to not build up a massive military that can defend the country against anyone? They are obliged to do so, it is their duty to ensure the safety of their citizens.

5G? Why the distrust? China has allowed the use of Nokia and Ericsson 5G hardware in China, so if 5G allowed for such interference as stated in the video, China is trusting Scandinavia that it won't do that.

Last edited by Neuling; 03-30-2021 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-30-2021, 02:16 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Recently, the ridiculous anti China propaganda certainly backfired. Even those anti-CCP people in China don't buy the stories.

Some of the most ridiculous examples:
Uyghur women are forced to sleep with Chinese officials when their husband was sent to the "concentration camps";
Uyghur people are forced to plant and pick cotton;
Muslims are forced to eat pork...

I guess the "journalists" got the idea from US history.

Old 03-30-2021, 02:48 PM

Uyghur women in the West are the worst, they fabricate the wildest stories. It is probably in their contracts with the CIA, lies in exchange for their green cards.

I feel really sorry for their relatives that still live in Xinjiang. They are so ashamed of their relatives abroad.

It's funny that they keep saying they fled from China. All Uyghurs have passports, they can travel anywhere they want (before the pandemic that is). Or are they claiming they all managed to escape from those "concentration camps" which they say are heavily guarded and full of bared wire and cams and what not?

Old 04-05-2021, 10:09 AM

An interesting article I stumbled upon, it is about North Korean defectors and why their "witness accounts" are not reliable. The similarities with Uyghur "victims" or "witnesses" is striking as many of them have also been shown to be liars, at best.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ten-fall-apart

And an interesting video from Democracy Now! on the US propaganda machine's working in the case of the lying daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador, and the embarrassing involvement of supposed human rights organizations Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International:

https://youtu.be/WkRylMGLPMU

Anyway, this news from France is odd: A French journalist, that has been living in China for 7 years and knows Xinjiang well from her numerous visits there, decided to write an article calling out the Western propaganda. Being afraid of attacks, she uses the pseudonym Laurène Beaumond. The big French newspaper Le Monde, obviously not being happy about her eye witness account contradicting the paper's smear campaign, decides to call her an invention of Chinese media, there is no French journalist having written that article. Other sites blindly repeated that accusation.

The funny thing is that another French newspaper, Le Figaro, managed to track her down and did an interview with her just a couple of days ago, in flesh and blood
I don't speak French, but when right-clicking in my browser, I can translate it to English.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/internationa...chine-20210402

And here is what she had written about Xinjiang on the French content site of CGTN:

Again, you may let your browser do the translating:

https://francais.cgtn.com/n/BfJEA-cA...EIA/index.html

Old 04-05-2021, 01:07 PM

Remember the Uyghur accusation that they were being forced to drink alcohol, which violates their religion?

Funny since they have an old, booming wine-making tradition

"This type of wine, known as museles, was masterminded by the Uyghur ethnic minority and, although their Muslim faith prohibits them from drinking alcohol, they view this beverage more as a kind of medicine.

Although nowadays many contemporary winemakers in China follow French methods of production, the Uyghur people have held on to their traditional wine-making process for centuries. In many villages throughout Xinjiang, the brewing of museles is a communal activity and usually marks the end of the grape harvest."

Nice distortion to do what is forbidden in the Koran, just like with interest payments

Jump to the "Museles" section:
https://www.asiaculturaltravel.co.uk...-local-snacks/

Sure looks like medicine to me
Attached Thumbnails
The more I investigate, the more I support China-museles.jpg  

Last edited by Neuling; 04-05-2021 at 01:21 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 02:49 PM

An interesting, albeit very long, detailed article (40 pages) on the background of the Xinjiang propaganda:

https://citizensparty.org.au/sites/d...ang-series.pdf

As I was reading all that, it confirmed once more who the real villain is...

Old 04-09-2021, 02:51 PM

962 posts, read 540,752 times
Of all the places to find Chinese propaganda....

I appreciate the earnestness, Neuling. The Chinese are committing atrocities on the Uyghur people and liars like you show the true danger of propaganda.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:55 PM

9,117 posts, read 6,170,326 times
OP: I'm sure the residents of Hong Kong would disagree with your support of the Beijing government's take over of the Hong Kong government.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:57 PM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Believe whatever you choose. I have friends who escaped from China and would whole heartedly call you a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies