Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 10:04 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign...
Same sh*t with Russia, Russia, Russia...

Old 09-10-2021, 10:11 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Everyone I know that is from China, many friends included, said they are disgusting excuses for human beings. Not all of the citizens but anyone in their government.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:15 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
China has absolutely no respect for trademarks or copyrights. They pirate everything. They copy products and make a crappy cheap version of it. They are a disgusting group of people over there. No morals. No scruples. Just out to rip others off and produce total garbage.

Old 09-10-2021, 10:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
China has absolutely no respect for trademarks or copyrights. They pirate everything. They copy products and make a crappy cheap version of it. They are a disgusting group of people over there. No morals. No scruples. Just out to rip others off and produce total garbage.
Yeah, they are the king of rip offs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNudcvdzXo

Old 09-11-2021, 10:19 AM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Result of Harvard Survey. Confirms what Pew Research and Gallup also found.

“The survey team found that compared to public opinion patterns in the U.S., in China there was very high satisfaction with the central government. In 2016, the last year the survey was conducted, 95.5 percent of respondents were either “relatively satisfied” or “highly satisfied” with Beijing. In contrast to these findings, Gallup reported in January of this year that their latest polling on U.S. citizen satisfaction with the American federal government revealed only 38 percent of respondents were satisfied with the federal government.** “

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...-satisfaction/

Old 09-16-2021, 09:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
The pirating thing started in Hong Kong (while still under British rule), and while the factories are mostly on the mainland by now for cost reasons, the pirating business is still run from HK.

Also, why complain? In the past it was Europeans who sent trained spies to China in order to steal Chinese know-how (porcelain, tea, silk etc.) and made fortunes with that stolen IP.
And now that it is the other way round, the West complains. That is a bit silly and hypocritical.

Most Chinese products are fine by now.

The funny thing is that when China still copied a lot, people complained. And now that they have their massive programs to develop their own stuff and become tech-independent, the West also complains. The US tried to make China give up those programs, can you believe it?! Of course they failed, and now the programs' scope is wider than ever.

In China, unlike in the West, copying has little to do with morals by the way. In Chinese tradition copying is considered a sign of appreciation of the original, a compliment if you will.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Everyone I know that is from China, many friends included, said they are disgusting excuses for human beings. Not all of the citizens but anyone in their government.
The Chinese are fine people by and large, no worse than people in the West.
Of course there are criminals like in every country. But the percentage is probably much lower than in the US for instance. The US has the biggest prison population, not China (or India), despite its much bigger population.

The same goes for the government, by and large their government is fine, despite some corruption, which again you will find in any government. I live in Portugal, same thing here.

Your whole claim is totally incredible. Chinese people don't talk that way about their country, except for traitors that move abroad in order to suck up to the West. The same type of people as Cuban-Americans in Florida. They do not represent their respective countries.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:58 AM

654 posts, read 279,834 times
If it's so great, why don't you move there and take up a Chinese citizenship?

Old 09-16-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
If it's so great, why don't you move there and take up a Chinese citizenship?
Too old, they don't need me, more than enough people there without me

Also, don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say it's so great. But it is a whole lot better than its reputation, almost the opposite.

Old 09-16-2021, 10:22 AM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
Quote:
They are a disgusting group of people over there. No morals. No scruples.
Did you say this to everyone you know that is from China, many friends included?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies