Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 08:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

Take the Uighur accusations for instance. According to Reuters, that started the media campaign, China holds a million Uighurs in concentration camps, quoting the UN. From there the claim was repeated ad nausea by the NYT, WP, etc., like parrots.

However, the UN has not claimed anything like that. In fact, only a single woman named Gay McDougall, who is anything but an expert on China, made such claims in her role as the only American on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is separate from the UN, though. She has not provided any evidence to back up her claim, just mentioned "credible reports".

Those came for instance from the Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), an anti-Beijing organization based in Washington, that receives hundreds of thousands of dollars from Washington's regime-change body National Endowment for Democracy (NED), basically an imperialist terrorist organization acting under the pretext of spreading democracy. The CHRD is registered at the same address as Human Rights Watch, an organization known for its proximity to US politicians.

Leading members of CHRD are Su Xiaokang, Teng Biao, Perry Link, Renee Xia (the founder). They are hard-core anti-Chinese radicals/dissidents that support people like Liu Xiaobo, another radical that makes racist comments against the Chinese, supports colonialism and wars.

Another source of those Uighur accusations are stories by Radio Free Asia, an American propaganda station.

Yet another source are the World Uighur Congress and the International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation, both organizations are funded by the aforementioned National Endowment for Democracy, that tries to topple governments Washington doesn't like.

Finally, there is a weird German guy called Adrian Zenz, who emigrated to the US. He is a radical evangelist Christian who goes around claiming god chose him to fight China. Zenz came up with the absurd figure of a million incarcerated Uighurs and his fabrications have been the foundation for anti-Chinese US laws.

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/u...ighur-muslims/

The same happens when one investigates the corona accusations, the HK accusations, the Huawei accusations, etc. People should not just read headlines and swallow what they see on TV, but investigate.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.

Old 07-27-2020, 08:59 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
you don't have to 'investigate' anything. you've always sided with china, every time, for more than 11 years.

few things in the universe are more predictable.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you don't have to 'investigate' anything. you've always sided with china, every time, for more than 11 years.

few things in the universe are more predictable.
No, I have criticized China when it was appropriate, for instance regarding the smuggling of rhino horns and ivory, superstition/traditional Chinese medicine.

But politically, indeed, I have never fallen for the China bashing that is so popular in the West.
And investigating the dirty details makes sense, it confirms my unbiased attitude was and is right.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:04 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

Take the Uighur accusations for instance. According to Reuters, that started the media campaign, China holds a million Uighurs in concentration camps, quoting the UN. From there the claim was repeated ad nausea by the NYT, WP, etc., like parrots.

However, the UN has not claimed anything like that. In fact, only a single woman named Gay McDougall, who is anything but an expert on China, made such claims in her role as the only American on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is separate from the UN, though. She has not provided any evidence to back up her claim, just mentioned "credible reports".

Those came for instance from the Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), an anti-Beijing organization based in Washington, that receives hundreds of thousands of dollars from Washington's regime-change body National Endowment for Democracy (NED), basically an imperialist terrorist organization acting under the pretext of spreading democracy. The CHRD is registered at the same address as Human Rights Watch, an organization known for its proximity to US politicians.

Leading members of CHRD are Su Xiaokang, Teng Biao, Perry Link, Renee Xia (the founder). They are hard-core anti-Chinese radicals/dissidents that support people like Liu Xiaobo, another radical that makes racist comments against the Chinese, supports colonialism and wars.

Another source of those Uighur accusations are stories by Radio Free Asia, an American propaganda station.

Yet another source are the World Uighur Congress and the International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation, both organizations are funded by the aforementioned National Endowment for Democracy, that tries to topple governments Washington doesn't like.

Finally, there is a weird German guy called Adrian Zenz, who emigrated to the US. He is a radical evangelist Christian who goes around claiming god chose him to fight China. Zenz came up with the absurd figure of a million incarcerated Uighurs and his fabrications have been the foundation for anti-Chinese US laws.

The same happens when one investigates the corona accusations, the HK accusations, the Huawei accusations, etc. People should not just read headlines and swallow what they see on TV, but investigate.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.
Spoken like a block captain from Wuhan...........good job comrade

Old 07-27-2020, 09:13 AM

An interesting video, an interview with an Asian-American journalist that traveled through China for two weeks to get to know the real China (duration: half an hour):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh9-jAV44lw

Old 07-27-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Spoken like a block captain from Wuhan...........good job comrade

Since you mention Wuhan, there is an interesting interview with the Wuhan 'bat woman' Shi Zhengli in Science Magazine:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ies-speaks-out

Old 07-27-2020, 09:20 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
Quote:
An interesting video, an interview with an Asian-American journalist that traveled through China for two weeks to get to know the real China (duration: half an hour):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh9-jAV44lw
BBC. May as well link a story from the National Enquirer. I’m glad you love China so much. My neighbor who is in his 70’s and a SE Asian immigrant gave me the real facts on China so if you don’t mind I will ignore your paid for propaganda. Human trafficking, enslaving political opponents, disappearing Christians simply because of their religion and much worse. That is the real China and witnessed by a man I trust 1000X more than a pathetic propagandist.

China is going to end up a smoking ruin if they continue down the path they are on, that is a guarantee.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:25 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,367,193 times
Being pro-China is not going to win you much support for more reasons than can be listed here.

It is a communist country with an oppressive government. You are not going to convince anyone that's a good thing.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:26 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:

MY POV is that Forbes or some magazine recently released the 50 most valuable brands globally . Chinese companies - JD, Ali Baba, tencent, Huawei and niaomi are in them. 5 out of 50 is 10%. TikTok is another worthless brand, but its a worthy competitor to CrapChat and Instagram. Wechat does the same thing as Whatsapp and its definitely not 20B worth.

The companies like FB, Uber, Amazon and Google whose business models are predominatly global may see this as a threat.

The traditional companies still have business with China - like Boeing, Walmart, Target, Apple, Exxon etc.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:28 AM

2,400 posts, read 754,790 times
OP, do you know that China has essentially stolen millions of acres of land from Vietnam? They awarded themselves a 99 year lease and the Vietnamese who aren’t leaving are being disappeared as we speak. The China you love so much.

You should be banned for this propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies