Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 03:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,308,412 times

Advertisements

I don't get this theory by the Right/Cons/Republicans when it comes to Covid. They think the government, in conjunction with the media, has manufactured Covid to gain control over the population.

"Government overreach" is the term I read and hear all the time coming from the Right.

It varies in how extreme they take it. We have posters saying it's real but question the numbers, try to deflect blame away from Trump, etc. Then we have other posters who say it isn't even real.

This thread is in no way a defense of the media or the Democratic Party. Those two entities can, and have, raped/robbed/killed with the best of them throughout history.

I guess my question is this: Why would the government, especially in 2020, need to specifically create a crisis to gain more control over people?

We first learned we are nothing more than slaves to these people in 1791 (the Whiskey Rebellion). Since then there have been numerous blows to the freedom of the individual. Lincoln's war, his first federal income tax, and not to mention him jailing the media. Wilson's Federal Reserve, FDR's imprisonment of American citizens, Nixon's crimes, LBJ's so-called Great Society, Bush's WMD, etc.

You've been raped, robbed, and killed over and over and over again.

And you've taken it lying it down. You're happy with the status quo. You continue to vote. You continue to believe in the system. They take and take...and you comply.

So let me be clear: While I'm not discounting the State's eagerness to use naturally occurring events as a means to be opportunistic and fatten their bellies at our expense I simply don't believe that it's necessary to invent every single thing that goes wrong in the world for political gain.

They manufactured the Civil War, the Federal Reserve, and some other things out of thin air.

Covid?

Nah. It happens because s*it happens.

I just think it's disingenuous and quite foolish to believe there isn't a difference there.

If anything, I would think these events, regardless of they are planned or not, would show how incompetent the State is to both sides of the aisle. Take it from an anarchist who is never happy with any government response. But the team players just seem to forget and move on. The government knows you're whipped. They'll create fake stuff but sometimes blank happens naturally. The fact that both teams can recognize this from time to time would lead one to believe that perhaps the notion of government is the problem...not just which team is winning the propaganda war.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2020, 03:38 PM

18,415 posts, read 7,050,784 times
Maybe because it's all just a little bit too perfect?

Perfect in it's nature....

Perfect in the reaction from the Left.

Perfect in it's timing.

Maybe because even if they don't think it's a "hoax".....many people have a gut feeling that something just isn't right.

Old 07-27-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Maybe because it's all just a little bit too perfect?

Perfect in it's nature....

Perfect in the reaction from the Left.

Perfect in it's timing.

Maybe because even if they don't think it's a "hoax".....many people have a gut feeling that something just isn't right.
Ok, but on the other hand is this effort by the Left/media that much stronger to defeat Trump than 2016?

You remember how they put the crown on Hill Dawg and kicked Trump to the gutter don't you? You didn't see this coming?

I could argue that this only strengthens the resolve of the Rigth/anti-mainstream media to lash out and re-elect Lysol Man.

I just think things do occur naturally and the media is going to do what it does. Trump could personally cure Covid and cancer tomorrow and they would simply go to the Plan B folder to trash him.

That's what they do.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:01 PM

13,853 posts, read 5,567,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't get this theory by the Right/Cons/Republicans when it comes to Covid. They think the government, in conjunction with the media, has manufactured Covid to gain control over the population.

"Government overreach" is the term I read and hear all the time coming from the Right.

It varies in how extreme they take it. We have posters saying it's real but question the numbers, try to deflect blame away from Trump, etc. Then we have other posters who say it isn't even real.

This thread is in no way a defense of the media or the Democratic Party. Those two entities can, and have, raped/robbed/killed with the best of them throughout history.

I guess my question is this: Why would the government, especially in 2020, need to specifically create a crisis to gain more control over people?

We first learned we are nothing more than slaves to these people in 1791 (the Whiskey Rebellion). Since then there have been numerous blows to the freedom of the individual. Lincoln's war, his first federal income tax, and not to mention him jailing the media. Wilson's Federal Reserve, FDR's imprisonment of American citizens, Nixon's crimes, LBJ's so-called Great Society, Bush's WMD, etc.

You've been raped, robbed, and killed over and over and over again.

And you've taken it lying it down. You're happy with the status quo. You continue to vote. You continue to believe in the system. They take and take...and you comply.

So let me be clear: While I'm not discounting the State's eagerness to use naturally occurring events as a means to be opportunistic and fatten their bellies at our expense I simply don't believe that it's necessary to invent every single thing that goes wrong in the world for political gain.

They manufactured the Civil War, the Federal Reserve, and some other things out of thin air.

Covid?

Nah. It happens because s*it happens.

I just think it's disingenuous and quite foolish to believe there isn't a difference there.

If anything, I would think these events, regardless of they are planned or not, would show how incompetent the State is to both sides of the aisle. Take it from an anarchist who is never happy with any government response. But the team players just seem to forget and move on. The government knows you're whipped. They'll create fake stuff but sometimes blank happens naturally. The fact that both teams can recognize this from time to time would lead one to believe that perhaps the notion of government is the problem...not just which team is winning the propaganda war.
I don't think they manufactured the virus or its existence, but for sure the hysteria surrounding it is typical of the pattern of the media-political complex during an election year, as well as being typical for anything that can be used against the Bad Orange Man.

And I don't think they are doing this for more control over the population, but really just for "okay, this time we got him" purposes. The reaction worldwide is more for just digs at the US generally, regardless of who is in charge, but that's what the world does, hate on the US (and Israel).

The people think government can save them from entropy, or at least that is the media narrative, and allowing entropy to be entropy apparently is a failure of not being tyrannical enough. Oddly, the narrative seems to be fine blaming only one party for failures, and pretty specifically, just one guy in the one party.

I think it's all electioneering nonsense, same as every year that is evenly divisible by four. Only reason Trump gets this year's heat is because he's this election year's bad guy in charge. If Shrillary was POTUS right now, Fox News would be ablaze with how covid is her fault.

When it comes to "are they really in on it" theories, I ask two questions, and if both yes, then yeah, they are in it:
  • Is there money/power in it for them?
  • Is it a simple explanation?
The media-political complex blowing up the narrative is easy, because Americans are sheep who are easily frightened, and of course there's money and power in it for the bosses in that media-political complex if they get rid of him and elect a brain dead puppet.

Just election year hype.

What bugs me is that so much of the economy is based on confidence, and the destruction of that confidence in order to "get him" will have longer lasting downstream effects after they "get him" and they are all too freaking stupid to realize it.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I don't think they manufactured the virus or its existence, but for sure the hysteria surrounding it is typical of the pattern of the media-political complex during an election year, as well as being typical for anything that can be used against the Bad Orange Man.

And I don't think they are doing this for more control over the population, but really just for "okay, this time we got him" purposes. The reaction worldwide is more for just digs at the US generally, regardless of who is in charge, but that's what the world does, hate on the US (and Israel).

The people think government can save them from entropy, or at least that is the media narrative, and allowing entropy to be entropy apparently is a failure of not being tyrannical enough. Oddly, the narrative seems to be fine blaming only one party for failures, and pretty specifically, just one guy in the one party.

I think it's all electioneering nonsense, same as every year that is evenly divisible by four. Only reason Trump gets this year's heat is because he's this election year's bad guy in charge. If Shrillary was POTUS right now, Fox News would be ablaze with how covid is her fault.

When it comes to "are they really in on it" theories, I ask two questions, and if both yes, then yeah, they are in it:
  • Is there money/power in it for them?
  • Is it a simple explanation?
The media-political complex blowing up the narrative is easy, because Americans are sheep who are easily frightened, and of course there's money and power in it for the bosses in that media-political complex if they get rid of him and elect a brain dead puppet.

Just election year hype.

What bugs me is that so much of the economy is based on confidence, and the destruction of that confidence in order to "get him" will have longer lasting downstream effects after they "get him" and they are all too freaking stupid to realize it.
Since you're sane being an anarchist () I can accept this but I guess I made this thread as more of an attempt for the Right/cons/Republicans to understand that they are being played.

Since they are suppose to be the more sane of the two parties (good Lord, what a distinction) on paper I just think they could have approached Covid better. Maybe that's asking too much. Actually, it is asking too much. Whenever one party acts completely insane leaving the other party almost the default victor that party seems hellbent on showing you how incompetent/unprincipled they are.

You look at how badly Trump has f'd this up but as you know being at the federal level it's at least somewhat plausible to shift/maneuver blame/logistics on the fact this country is much more decentralized than Europe or the Asian countries who kicked Covid to the curb.

And Repubs/cons/the Right know this and did promote it after we saw what de Blasio and Cuomo did in New York. I mean...those two should be charged with crimes against humanity for how they reacted to Covid. But what happens? Trump, with the biggest stage, manages to put the attention on himself by doing his shtick.

I don't know. I'm not going to get too many reasoned responses in here so I appreciate yours. Team Red will call me a Team Blue member and vice versa.

In a nutshell, as you noted, we have the "Orange Man bad" brigade going full steam ahead. 99 days to go...Lord help us. Makes any sane person yearn for the old "Russia! Russia! Russia!" days.

Team Blue and the media are going to beat that drum til the bitter end. Trump will supply ample legit material for them to rightfully capitalize on as well as run wild with.

As an anarchist I just get a bit perturbed at this notion by the Right that Covid is specifically being used to gain more government control. That ship sailed a long time ago (Whiskey Rebellion).

That's part of the plan though when you think about it. Both teams want you to believe you are free and must continue to fight for said freedom. In reality you were never free and you're fighting a ghost if you think you "get free" via the State.

Old 07-27-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
In reality you were never free and you're fighting a ghost if you think you "get free" via the State.
Getting free via the state is like curing lung cancer by switching to Lucky Strikes and smoking 3 packs per day. Good luck with either.

Old 07-27-2020, 05:05 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,906,478 times
It's not right wingers who think it's a hoax, it's Trump supporters. There's a big difference, imo. They have to think it's a hoax, because the alternative is admitting how poorly Trump handled this.

Old 07-27-2020, 05:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
If I post will you mistake me for a Republican?

I've heard few people say they think this was all manufactured, but many have stated they feel the government takes advantage of events like this and the death of George Floyd to push their agenda.

That's not unheard of or unbelievable. We saw how the government used 9/11 to start abolishing civil liberties.

Then there are folks on the other side of the coin asking, 'how have our civil liberties been eroded?' as though they've been in a coma for 19 years.

Old 07-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
It's not right wingers who think it's a hoax, it's Trump supporters. There's a big difference, imo. They have to think it's a hoax, because the alternative is admitting how poorly Trump handled this.
Yes, because being a tyrant fixes everything...even the laws of thermodynamics.

Old 07-27-2020, 05:15 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
No... it was China fooling around with bat viruses. Did you forget this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies