Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 05:49 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, there you go. The MAGAs have won this round. I hope everyone is all buckled in for a long, long, long COVID ride. MAGAs spreading the disease will assure this doesn't end anytime soon.

MAGAs, you are the problem you are railing against.
I am among many "MAGAs" who support requiring masks in indoor public settings. You're painting with far too big a brush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 06:09 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I am among many "MAGAs" who support requiring masks in indoor public settings. You're painting with far too big a brush.
Yeah. I'm not into Trump (or Biden), am apolitical and hate all politicians, and I don't wear one. Claustrophobic. Panic issues.

I did buy a nonclaustrophobic mini mouth shield thingy but so far no stores I go to have hassled me to wear one, even since IN started a statewide mandate -with exceptions stated.

No way to enforce, what with the exceptions allowed. Hellsyeah.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:24 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I think wearing a mask is stupid considering that most people don't wear them properly or they are made from materials that won't keep the virus out but guess what I still wear one when I go into a shop and will continue to do so even after it is not required.

Wear a mask.
Keep your distance.
Don't touch your face.
Wash your hands.

This is all pretty simple and basic stuff people to keep us all safe and I like Trump so it is not all the MAGA people. There are plenty of Lefties that are not adhering to the basic requirements.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Yeah. I'm not into Trump (or Biden), am apolitical and hate all politicians, and I don't wear one. Claustrophobic. Panic issues.

I did buy a nonclaustrophobic mini mouth shield thingy but so far no stores I go to have hassled me to wear one, even since IN started a statewide mandate -with exceptions stated.

No way to enforce, what with the exceptions allowed. Hellsyeah.
It's enforced here in stores....and it should be.

Irresponsible sick people in stores have been infecting others for as long as there have been stores. I'd like to see the mask requirement continue indefinitely.

So many, in knee-jerk fashion, call mask wearing being a "sheep". They are simply not thinking. I support the requirement out of my own selfish self-interest.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:30 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Everyone in my family wears masks EVERYWHERE they go and all my 3 siblings have gotten Covid, including myself. None of us had any symptoms whatsoever, we only found out due to our weekly mandatory work testing. Temp testing and mandatory masks was done in all our work environments before entering the workplace. Anyone with the slightest symptoms (sneezing, coughing etc was not allowed into work) This mask bullsh*t is just bs; it isn’t stopping Covid from spreading in an airborne pandemic, or even mitigating it.

I get it, we’re supposed to feel safer with one on, but it’s false security. I for one took the most strenuous efforts to protect myself and still got it. I was totally amazed how easy this is transmitted. Same with my siblings.

Go ahead and believe your panty underwear cloth or tissue paper masks will protect you and others. Obviously it’s not working (just look at the numbers). Best to stay home in the basement for a few years if you don’t want to get it.
There are literally entire countries disproving your completely ridiculous opinion on science. What is it with you people and clear cut facts. Across the world... Either containment or masks are the only things that have proven to work and you're still trying to make a case that they don't.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:05 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
There are literally entire countries disproving your completely ridiculous opinion on science. What is it with you people and clear cut facts. Across the world... Either containment or masks are the only things that have proven to work and you're still trying to make a case that they don't.
The masks have NOT been "proven to work", and in fact, states like CA that have a mandatory mask law for anytime you go outside, have a spike in their cases, not less cases.

No. Evidence. that the masks work - because they don't. Further, the WHO is the one that came out and said that most of the cases were happening during "containment". Not by people being out and about, but by those who were contained in their homes for months on end.

What does work:

Getting out of people's personal space - you don't need to be close enough to be breathing on people - and I've been for this far longer than this dumb virus.

Washing you fricken hands! Why are so many people too lazy to wash their hands? Running water over them is not "washing your hands". Using sanitizer is not "washing your hands". People need to be washing their hands often, and long enough, and with fricken soap. But they're too lazy, and they go out into the world, touch everything that they see, and then touch everything else, cross contaminating. But, hey, they got a mask on. Der.

You could also realize how much cross contamination you're doing in your own home when you come in from being out in the world, and you clomp all over your house with the shoes you were just wearing out in the filthy world. Or the clothes that you were just wearing out in the filthy world - all those chairs, seats, and benches you just sat on - you brought all of that home and are now putting it all over your own furniture. Hurray.

Or when they get a delivery, they drag that filthy box into their home, down the hallway, into the living room, where they open it, leave it lying there all over the floor, and then touch their shiny new object with their filthy hands that they just used to rip open the filthy box that has been manhandled by who knows how many people on the way to their house.

I've said all of this, and more, many, many, many times on here. Some people have admitted that they will not "do all of that", and others just ignore their own stupidity.

A dumb mask isn't protecting you - you aren't wearing an n95 mask.

Doing all of that other stuff can absolutely keep you healthier. Stop relying on a piece of cloth strapped to your face as your end all be all shield. It's useless.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:11 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
It's enforced here in stores....and it should be.
They can't really enforce, with the "anyone with a medical or mental health exception" factored in, though.

Our governor's mandate includes those exceptions; no requirement to "prove" one has the exception.

So I'm thrilled about this loophole.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
They can't really enforce, with the "anyone with a medical or mental health exception" factored in, though.

Our governor's mandate includes those exceptions; no requirement to "prove" one has the exception.

So I'm thrilled about this loophole.
"Mental health exception"? They're the ones who most need to be masked. Fortunately, I've heard of no such nonsense in my neck of the woods.

Be thrilled all you want, but you're only hurting yourself.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:22 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
All these doctors in here. Lmao..

Old 07-28-2020, 07:26 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
I went to WM once since the required mandate. The sign said recommended. Half the people were wearing a mask, no one enforced it. Went to DG where masks were required, 1/4 of the people wore one. I passed an employee coming from the back with her mask around her neck. No one enforced wearing masks. Went to the circuit court clerks office where masks were required. Three other people came in while I was there. None wearing masks. Nothing was said to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies