Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 11:15 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Many of us conservatives aren't voting for Trump. That's why the polls aren't wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 11:15 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,065 times
I agree that there are many silent trump supporters who are (understandably) too ashamed to express their views openly.

However, everytime I log into my facebook account, I am bombarded by crazy, evangelical, conspiracy-theorists, OANN watching, right-wing nut jobs. Unfortunately, I am related to most of them. They are mostly rural, not well-read, not well-traveled, religious, decent, hard-working, sincere people. They'd have my back if I ever needed anything from them even though we don't agree on politics or religion. They live in a right wing bubble, as I live in a left-wing bubble so our political views reflect that.

I can't stand trump but I don't blame him entirely for the division in our country. I blame how we are fed the "news" these days. You really have to be dedicated to finding unbiased news sources and most people don't, they are spoonfed talking points. I really miss Walter Cronkite.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:58 PM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
I recall when Obama was President and I would try to have a civil conversation about what I liked and didn't like about Obama's policies. When people questioned Obama's administration, or there was no loigical way to spin one of his disasterous policy decesions Leftists would say they wouldn't enage me or anyone else. For me it became a combonation of things. Those same leftists have now become completely unhinged to the point that they have abadoned all civility and can't be reasoned with in a civillized manner. Leftists are so unhinged you just don't know what is going to happen when one or a group of these nuts single a person out for being on the right side of history. Leftists will attemot to destroy a person and their lives because they can't be reasoned with because they have no legs to stand on policy wise. I just don't care to "engage" them any further, so i choose not too. I will voice my opinion where it counts the most at the ballot box in November.

Old 07-29-2020, 12:01 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
They didn't fail. Most of them predicted accurately that Clinton would win the popular vote. Some of the battleground states got too close to call.
The Dems like to hang on to the popular vote card. Take away California and NYC which are two leftist strongholds and Clinton loses the popular vote. We put to much stock in the popular vote when two bookend states are trying on vain to bend the country to their will. That's why the Electoral college is so important to our republic.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:16 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
The Dems like to hang on to the popular vote card. Take away California and NYC which are two leftist strongholds and Clinton loses the popular vote. We put to much stock in the popular vote when two bookend states are trying on vain to bend the country to their will. That's why the Electoral college is so important to our republic.
It's all they have, and it is meaningless in a Presidential election. National aggregate popular vote means nothing because individual states elect Presidents. They are just ignorant and grasping at straws. They want a Soviet Union type of country.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:36 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When there is nothing to be afraid of, the right-wing invents reasons to be afraid of, and then presents themselves as the solution to the problem. In the end of the day, they are always afraid of something. Its how they roll.

This.

I still remember not too long ago they were all afraid of NATO destroying the US and taking over the world.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:39 AM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Many of us conservatives aren't voting for Trump. That's why the polls aren't wrong.
But are you voting independent or democrat? If you're voting for Biden, how are you a conservative?

Old 07-29-2020, 02:52 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
All the pollsters said why they were wrong.

Because potential Trump voters lied about their plan to vote for Trump.

The polling science was correct, and the methodology was correct.

What we'd not seen before is voters too embarrassed to admit who they planned to vote for.

And now pollsters are left with the same exact problem, by the same exact people.

Right wing is lying to the pollsters.

Trump's right, the poll conclusions keep being wrong - because his fans are embarrassed to admit it.
Not embarrassed to admit it - 1. I'm sick of all these unsolicited calls. 2. I love to see liberals meltdown after the election.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:53 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Then in effect you are voting for Biden.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:53 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
But are you voting independent or democrat? If you're voting for Biden, how are you a conservative?
Well Trump certainly isn't a conservative, so yes many independents who lean conservative are voting for Biden. Also Republicans who aren't on board with debt-balloon upside down Bible holding clown will be voting Biden.

But we will see in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies