Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 09:04 AM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And this theory is stupid -- just stupid.

Polls are done anonymously. They don't take note, come out and find you. They are done on the phone, on line -- never in person

While Trump supporters are holding boat parades, wearing MAGA hats, refusing to wear masks as some kind of political support of him -- it is clear most are not shy about their allegiance to Trump
"Like, duh! Like, you can't find out, like, who someone is, or, like, where they live and work, like, just from their phones!"

We do know that tens of thousands of Trump voters last time had no signs, no bumper stickers, never went to a rally, and voted for him in secret. Many, apparently, told no one of their intentions. Now that the madness and rightthink, doxxing brats are loose on the countryside, it's a perfectly reasonable hypothesis to expect a great many, perhaps more, are keeping their intentions to themselves again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I had a Trump sign up in 2020 as did some of my neighbors. All were stolen. I see a Trump 2020 flag but the house owner has it set up on a 15 ft flag pole with an American flag so no one can reach it. I've already said that I don't intend to put out a Trump sign this year because political feelings are so out of control. I would love to go to a Blue Lives Matter or Trump rally but won't because of the violence but I'll be at the polls at 6 am come election day.

And yes - 2016 was a fail for Democrats as Hillary was suppose to crush Trump - and that didn't happen but keep trying to convince yourselves otherwise.

I suspect there are millions like you. I wouldn't discount that many of them are doing it also in part to derive great joy for the impending meltdowns when libs realize they once again were duped by the polls and political soothsayers.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:15 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
What about the other side?

I think conservatives can go to hell. There, I said it.

Last week, I signed a lease with new tenants. I always go through line by line in the lease with new tenants and have them initial next to each paragraph. During our walk through and stuff, the husband kept trying to draw me into a political discussion. He's totally into Trump. His wife and I kept ignoring him and when that didn't work we told him we just live our lives no matter who is in office.

In real life, I never share my political view. Ever. I refuse to let people know what I believe.

No one can accuse me of bias when choosing tenants. I had half a dozen applicants to choose from for that house.

The point is you claim that there might be a lot of conservatives that don't share their political views. What about all the liberals like myself who never share our political views?

I've never met a Liberal who doesn't share his political views.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:19 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
This is an anonymous forum, and the MAGAs have absolutely no qualms about telling us what they think. Boy, do they tell us! No shyness here!

Which is why this snowflaky "fear" within the anonymity of a polling phone call, doesn't ring true.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is an anonymous forum, and the MAGAs have absolutely no qualms about telling us what they think. Boy, do they tell us! No shyness here!

Which is why this snowflaky "fear" within the anonymity of a polling phone call, doesn't ring true.
Only a tiny percentage of internet forum visitors actually post something. Poor example. You're looking at the small group of Americans willing to share their political opinions in public.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Only a tiny percentage of internet forum visitors actually post something. Poor example. You're looking at the small group of Americans willing to share their political opinions in public.
They are not sharing their political opinions in public on this forum, they are anonymous. Just like people in polls are anonymous. Which is why I don't buy this sudden fainting Trump population who is too meek to support their candidate anonymously.

This is just another rightwing excuse as to why Trump is down so far in the polls.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:32 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I've never met a Liberal who doesn't share his political views.
LOL you're too funny.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:32 AM

8,383 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Conservatives scared to speak???? Every one I run into will not shut up.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't personally know anyone who has been carjacked in Newark, NJ, but I know it happens all the time. So is it an irrational fear that when I am stopped at a light in my expensive car, I leave a lot of room in front of me and keep checking my mirrors?
Funny how you jumped from "When you say something that a leftist disagrees with, you don't know how far they will go" to being a victim of an imaginary carjacker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
But aren't you afraid of Trump? You sure seem to be.
No. Some people are afraid of clowns, but I am not one of them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I see that you have your finger on the pulse of your wretched state.

Nothing to see here! All is well! All is well! Don't believe them lyin' eyes!
I sure do, and I'm glad you had to go back 2 months to find something to prove my point.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:37 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The silent majority are afraid to be honest about what they believe, even centrist liberals. This is why I believe Trump will win this coming November.

IHMO...all this polls are nothing more than spewing junk data. And I think the Democrat hierarchy knows it too!

https://www.cato.org/blog/poll-62-am...e-afraid-share
Every conservative I know is quite outspoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies