Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 10:24 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

How can the BLM have a traditional family when most of them have no baby daddy around....live off the public and donations, incite riots, whine and complain about every darn thing and cause HAVOC!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 10:25 AM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Lookin' forward to all the extra single women on the market.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:25 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
That's been the mantra of Black Lives Matter the organization, and it even states clearly on its website that basically it doesn't believe in the concept of the traditional nuclear family, and that a community 'tribe' is what should be raising its children.

Utterly laughable since BLM has never spoken out against Black on Black violence nor the innocent kids that are killed by Black criminals.
What they'd essentially be doing is letting memes, marketing, group-think and social media raise "the children." It's basically what happens to a large degree now, lol. There are certainly parents who parent in a way that reduces their kids to be able to function as autononous individuals, but I happen to believe that the parent-child relationship is important for the child developing an internalized/intrinsic value-system.

Trobe, marriage may never go away, but children born out of wedlock is definitely on the rise. And it does have socio-economic consequences.

Some good articles about unmarried parents.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2018...20mothers%20vs.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/c...hree-big-ways/

Old 07-28-2020, 10:26 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Makin’ lemonade out of lemons!

Old 07-28-2020, 10:26 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
How can the BLM have a traditional family when most of them have no baby daddy around....live off the public and donations, incite riots, whine and complain about every darn thing and cause HAVOC!
Lets be fair here, lots of black folks are just average normal people working a job, got to be careful and resist saying "most" or stuff like that because it's factually not true. Most black folks aren't on the dole and inciting riots and causing HAVOC. To be truthful, I see more white faces in those protests/riots than anything else.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:27 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
Quote:
Just make sure you're using the proper PPE so you don't drip it when you slip it.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:28 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
They are not making much progress in this war on families. They are losing Single Mother's the most....

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ldren-by-type/

The percent of American's who want to destroy the family are a tiny minority or radical liberals. They are badly outnumbered, and will not succeed in our lifetimes.

This professor should be worrying about his job because Universities are getting financially pummelled by the pandemic. Online classes can be recorded, & played back each Semester...no professors needed. This professor might need his family to support him, so he should be thankful he has one!

Without liberal professors brainwashing our students, their anti-family agenda will fail.

Since housing costs are outpacing wages, families will need to live together out of financial neccessity. Increasing immigration means more extended families living together to make ends meet.

None of the demographic & financial megatrends are on the side of the family breaking liberals...its a losing battle for them....a pipedream.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:29 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
LOL, that was pretty good.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:34 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
"Marriage as an institution is patriarchal and hegemonic at its base"

These azzhats that write this stuff think that they are somehow believable. Yeah, back in the 50's that statement had some merit to it. In 2020, not anywhere near that. Most relationships that I see and have seen around me for 35 plus years are all much more equal in nature. There isn't this great patriarchal boogie man out there.

I've heard for decades now that study after study shows the benefits for raising kids when it's a two parent family in wedlock. The numbers for years don't lie.

Not sure why this is now demonized. What is the end game here? I'm not married, but I've been with my spouse for 27 years now. We don't have kids but I'm completely onboard with the idea that a two parents within wedlock scenario seems to be the best end result for the children, again, using the stats. Are other situations doable, yes, they can be, but if we're talking stats, it appears to be less desirable.

I really am confused, not sure why this is a bad thing?
No kidding. After fighting for gay marriage for years, here many of these same people are trying to tear down marriage and the family unit.

It's not a myth, that a single parent struggling to raise children on their own is hard on the children and the parent, and both live with a substandard income and suffer emotional and economic stress

Old 07-28-2020, 10:37 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Lets be fair here, lots of black folks are just average normal people working a job, got to be careful and resist saying "most" or stuff like that because it's factually not true. Most black folks aren't on the dole and inciting riots and causing HAVOC. To be truthful, I see more white faces in those protests/riots than anything else.
Look at the riots, they are 98% white. These riots are being run by Marxists and anarchists, and of course attracting the criminal element to loot, murder and harm people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies