Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 10:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah that's what I'd like to know.
I can't see Baxter because he is on my ignore but tell him he MISSED the main point-CNN is LYING and minimizing what the settlement was... and it was not for peanuts. Nobody knows how much but it was in the millions. I bet you $5 bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 10:39 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I can't see Baxter because he is on my ignore but tell him he MISSED the main point-CNN is LYING and minimizing what the settlement was... and it was not for peanuts. Nobody knows how much but it was in the millions. I bet you $5 bucks.
Hilarious, "nobody knows how much it was but it's millions"

More righty baloney.

If he broke a court order, he will be punished.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:41 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:

oh, and I'm on his ignore list???

Why is Wanna trying to stifle my voice?!?! MUH FREEDOMS!!!

LOLOLOL

Old 07-28-2020, 10:41 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Lin Wood, attorney for Covington Catholic student Nicholas Sandmann, has warned CNN’s Brian Stelter that he could lose his job for allegedly breaking a confidentiality agreement.

Sandmann agreed to terms with CNN in a multi-million dollar settlement in January, after various entities at the network portrayed him as an aggressive, Trump-supporting racist when he was involved in a viral interaction with a Native American man.

But here is where it gets sticky:

Wood believes a retweet by Stelter insinuating that CNN paid a minor amount over the lawsuit is a violation of confidentiality.

Stelter shared a tweet by attorney Mark Zaid which claimed “[Sandmann] was undoubtedly paid nuisance value settlement [and] nothing more.” This is a LIE. That kid got a MULTI MILLION DOLLAR settlement and Stelter could lose his job for violation the CA. (confidential agreement)
If there is a confidentiality agreement in place, how do we know it was a "multi-million dollar settlement"?

Old 07-28-2020, 10:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Hilarious, "nobody knows how much it was but it's millions"

More righty baloney.

If he broke a court order, he will be punished.

Right? Neat "logic" there.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:47 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
That kid got a MULTI MILLION DOLLAR settlement ...
Rather unlikely.

A pretty well-written analysis here. Warning: You may find it lacking in bold, uppercase and exclamation points, though.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...255710720.html

Oh, and Lin Wood, if you're reading this: I don't work for the Post, so pfffft.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:59 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Wood believes a retweet by Stelter insinuating that CNN paid a minor amount over the lawsuit is a violation of confidentiality.
No offense, but the logic is a bit Trumpian, here. Breach of confidentiality is when you leak information that you have agreed not to disclose, correct? Logically, it doesn't work too well to argue - at the same time - that "the kid got MILLIONS" and "you are breaching confidentiality by leaking that the kid only got $50K", or whatever the speculated sum is. I mean - one or the other, right?

I'll save you the trouble and point out that it's probably a non-disparagement clause that Wood is hanging his ambulance-chaser hat on.

Old 07-28-2020, 11:56 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
If the lawyer decide that it was a breach of contract then he should have some consequences, everyone here arguing about it really is just sort talking out of their rears , unless they are that type of lawyer and have read the exact wording in the case. Speculation is fine, I guess, but no ones really knows but the parties involved.

That all said I'd like to see that fat bald turd take it in the shorts. Guy is a lying sack of you know what.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
If what Stelter said is NOT true, he wouldn't be breaking any confidentiality rules, would he?

Confidentiality requires you not tell the truth about the settlement.

My guess is, though, he DID tell the truth and it was minimal.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Chit Chat View Post
Stelter is a man? That must have come after her surgery.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies