Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 07:43 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,736,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yeah, anti-science crowd. While you might be all for whatever works, the anti-science crowd has made it clear that they are not for whatever works, they are for whatever works other than hydroxychloroquine because their political masters have told them to be against the use of that drug.

Now that said, right now there are more doctors prescribing dexamethasone than hydroxychloroquine, but the anti-science crowd likes to pretend that one of them is voodoo magic because that's what their masters told them to believe.
So because I question the motives of a snake oil salesmen I'm anti science ? Does that make you a cult follower?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 07:43 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,067,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They have such unhinged hatred of the bad orange man. That they rather see their fellow citizens die.

Just Sick!

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53568290

Now it’s operation destroy Dr. Stella Immanuel reputation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine

You seem to believe a lot of fake news and false information stories.

Luckily most of the people around here don't believe any of that nonsense about hydroxychloroquine being helpful.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:46 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Fair enough, we'll see.

The reason hydroxychloroquine works, when it works, is that COVID-19 in some people causes their immune system to freak out and overreact to the disease....in many cases it's that overreaction that kills patients. One of the things hydroxychloroquine does is suppress the immune system. When you hear stories about people taking the drug while feeling like they were "on the brink of death" and making a fairly quick recovery, this is the reason for it.

It's not a "cure", and nothing it does actually effectively fights the virus itself, though it can slow the spread due to other properties of the drug, but what it can do is stop your body from killing itself which will allow you to make a recovery.

Now again, dexamethasone is more popular right now, but talking about hydroxychloroquine use for COVID-19 as if it is on par with "demon sperm" or "alien DNA" is for morons whose only intent is to parrot DNC talking points.
Yes, HCQ as a reasonable therapeutic for patients likely to experience, or experiencing, cytokine storms has been out there from the beginning. It's much the same reason it is given to Lupus and RA patients, from what I understand.

Glad we agree that it's not a "cure", contrary to what Dr. Stella thinks.

No one is comparing HCQ to "demon sperm" or "alien DNA". They are saying be careful believing that HCQ is a "cure" when the person making that claim also believes that dream sex with witches causes endometriosis and ovarian cysts and that we're using alien DNA in vaccines to prevent people from being religious. That position seems reasonable to me.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Again, that has ZERO to do with her studies and findings in HCQ.

Pay attention, you're clearly not.

"HERP DERP SHE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING UNRELATED TO THE ACTUAL TOPIC AT HAND, LET'S BLEND THE TWO TOGETHER AND GENERALIZE. "

This isn't even me defending the lady because she probably is a fraud and a quack, but cmon.

This is just as stupid as the people who said "Trump told us to inject ourselves with bleach" when the guy didn't say anything about bleach at all.

What "studies and findings on HCQ"? Where's the data she's compiled?

You pay attention, she offered no data, just opinion. As such, her medical opinions are the only thing we have by which to judge her expertise. She is failing that judgement spectacularly.

Yes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again, but there is literally nothing to indicate that is the case here.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:58 AM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
If anyone thinks that the mainstream media doesn't push propaganda to change narratives, then you are a highly gullible person.

"Peaceful Protests."

Old 07-29-2020, 08:00 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,638,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

You pay attention, she offered no data, just opinion. As such, her medical opinions are the only thing we have by which to judge her expertise. She is failing that judgement spectacularly.

Yes, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again, but there is literally nothing to indicate that is the case here.
The one time I will actually agree with you. She really didn't offer much data besides "yeah I saved 250 people". It was more emotional babbling than any actual studies.

I think my thing is, the videos shouldn't have been scrubbed off Twitter/Facebook/YouTube like that. HCQ DOES work for some people, so we can't just discredit it. Everyone's immune system and biology is different so there's no one size fits all solution. Censoring leads us down a slippery slope, let the people decide what works best. I wish they had just put a warning fact-checker on the video instead of instantly deleting them...that makes people more suspicious. Seems like the only solution they want us to have is to wait for the big phama vaccine.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:01 AM

18,556 posts, read 7,326,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
And you think doctors in hospitals over run with COVID patients are withholding medication that they know will help their patients, just so Trump might look bad?
We know that the media is misinforming those doctors. No one's saying the treating physicians are the problem.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
The one time I will actually agree with you. She really didn't offer much data besides "yeah I saved 250 people". It was more emotional babbling than any actual studies.

I think my thing is, the videos shouldn't have been scrubbed off Twitter/Facebook/YouTube like that. HCQ DOES work for some people, so we can't just discredit it. Everyone's immune system and biology is different so there's no one size fits all solution. Censoring leads us down a slippery slope, let the people decide what works best. Seems like the only solution they want us to have is to wait for the big phama vaccine.
I think it was scrubbed more for the "cure" and "you don't need to wear masks" bits than the idea that HCQ might work as a therapeutic.

I could be wrong, though.

There is TONS of non-censored HCQ-favorable data out there, so I don't think you need to worry on that front.

There's also this:

The “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,” or WHIP COVID-19, study is a 3,000-subject look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents front-line workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus.

This is a randomized, double-blinded study designed to produce a scientific answer to the question: Does it work?
https://www.henryford.com/whip-covid-19

Old 07-29-2020, 08:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

It is her experience with 100 or so patients she treated at her practice. When anecdotes help your case, it doesn't need to be a study, didn't you know that. Always happens here. Just like the people that don't know anyone who has the virus. I don't personal but I know friends of friends who did.

I honestly half expected her to also say Miracle Mineral Solution is the cure and that HCQ, Zinc and the Z-Pack are just a proven treatment. The problem is her doing that would show that she truly should not be listened to. Not that the Demon Sperm crapola makes her a loon to begin with.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:06 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,399,744 times
Quote:

I think my thing is, the videos shouldn't have been scrubbed off Twitter/Facebook/YouTube like that. HCQ DOES work for some people, so we can't just discredit it. Everyone's immune system and biology is different so there's no one size fits all solution. Censoring leads us down a slippery slope, let the people decide what works best. I wish they had just put a warning fact-checker on the video instead of instantly deleting them...that makes people more suspicious. Seems like the only solution they want us to have is to wait for the big phama vaccine.
When POTUS retweets a medical doctor saying no need to wear masks, relax there is a cure, in the middle of a pandemic it is a problem. Sadly, there is a large segment of the country that believes every word or tweet this guy blurts or shares from his golden ..er.."throne"..in the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies