Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 08:09 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
When POTUS retweets a medical doctor saying no need to wear masks, relax there is a cure, in the middle of a pandemic it is a problem. Sadly, there is a large segment of the country that believes every word or tweet this guy blurts or shares from his golden ..er.."throne"..in the WH.
Yea he shouldn't have retweeted that, big time.

I just have issue with Twitter removing it. He always retweets stupid crap, but this is the first time they straight up removed something. Not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 08:10 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is her experience with 100 or so patients she treated at her practice. When anecdotes help your case, it doesn't need to be a study, didn't you know that. Always happens here. Just like the people that don't know anyone who has the virus. I don't personal but I know friends of friends who did.

I honestly half expected her to also say Miracle Mineral Solution is the cure and that HCQ, Zinc and the Z-Pack are just a proven treatment. The problem is her doing that would show that she truly should not be listened to. Not that the Demon Sperm crapola makes her a loon to begin with.
Her alleged results with those patients.

Of which we have no details about their age, comorbidities, seriousness of symptoms, treatment protocols, etc.

Vaporware.

A big fat "trust me" from a person whose opinions are demonstrably un-trustworthy.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:10 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
When POTUS retweets a medical doctor saying no need to wear masks, relax there is a cure, in the middle of a pandemic it is a problem. Sadly, there is a large segment of the country that believes every word or tweet this guy blurts or shares from his golden ..er.."throne"..in the WH.
I dont understand how people can't say that isn't problematic. As said in another thread Trump takes two steps forward but takes five steps backwards. This was the five steps backward. Trump is cancer to the American political landscape and i can only hope we take care of it in November.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:11 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I think it was scrubbed more for the "cure" and "you don't need to wear masks" bits than the idea that HCQ might work as a therapeutic.

I could be wrong, though.

There is TONS of non-censored HCQ-favorable data out there, so I don't think you need to worry on that front.

There's also this:

The “Will Hydroxychloroquine Impede or Prevent COVID-19,†or WHIP COVID-19, study is a 3,000-subject look at whether hydroxychloroquine prevents front-line workers from contracting the COVID-19 virus.

This is a randomized, double-blinded study designed to produce a scientific answer to the question: Does it work?
https://www.henryford.com/whip-covid-19
I agree. It was the way she phrased it as "the cure" that looks like it was the issue. It was stupid of him to RT that. Especially when the moron was tweeting about "it's patriotic to wear masks" like a week ago.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
If anyone thinks that the mainstream media doesn't push propaganda to change narratives, then you are a highly gullible person.

"Peaceful Protests."
Fox News is part of the MSM. So are all of the other Right Wing propaganda outlets. Fox news is the most popular. They had to tell their viewers not to drink or inject disinfectants....

Now narratives are shaped on both sides. The narrative your side is pushing is that the president is not a moron. Even Stevie Wonder can see that the president is Sarah Palin in a suit.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I agree. It was the way she phrased it as "the cure" that looks like it was the issue. It was stupid of him to RT that. Especially when the moron was tweeting about "it's patriotic to wear masks" like a week ago.
Bingo.

I'm typically against censorship, too. In this case, it was dangerous to people's health and was justified, IMO.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
They have such unhinged hatred of the bad orange man. That they rather see their fellow citizens die.

Just Sick!

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-53568290

Now it’s operation destroy Dr. Stella Immanuel reputation.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...oxychloroquine
Bill Gates a software developer, is allowed to speak and be an authority on King Flu 1984, but.....
Medical doctors in the trenches and compiling the evidence and documenting the benefits of Hydrochloriquine & Zinc, are Censored off all social media?
If you don't see the problem with that, you are the problem.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:24 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yes. And then it went viral with his supporters sharing and further retweeting it. The Donald and his supporters love crazy people and conspiracy theories - good for "ratings". Not so good for the country.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:26 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Only the USA is saying hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. Studies out of EU, China, and other places shows it has effect. The USA is pushing its own, more expensive, treatment which is Remdeshivir made by Gilead. No other countries are really using it because it's results have proven to be mixed at best. Even with the best possible spin, it just shortens duration of illness by 4 days in the USA.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bill Gates a software developer, is allowed to speak and be an authority on King Flu 1984, but.....
Medical doctors in the trenches and compiling the evidence and documenting the benefits of Hydrochloriquine & Zinc, are Censored off all social media?
If you don't see the problem with that, you are the problem.
You mean the wacko pediatrician that offered no evidence, and the guy that hasn't actually seen a patient in 2 years (well before COVID-19 even arrived here)? Those "trenches"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies