Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 06:22 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If they find this particular guy and he is a white supremacist, you will still deflect... you will sing lalalala
Deflect???

Who is "deflecting"? You have thousands of liberal extremists in the streets burning, looting, murdering and maiming.

Yet YOU focus on POSSIBLY ONE GUY with an umbrella?

I guess you can't step back for a moment to see that your "concern" over this one guy is absolutely mind boggling. It is the DEFINTION OF DEFLECTION.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 06:58 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup -- no doubt there are antagonists from all along the political spectrum happy to create chaos.

And what they count on is folks blindly and naively thinking it is just one side.
Keep in mind that a lot of it has nothing to do with "sides". Setting aside the legitimate protesters, the remaining group is going to be a hodge-podge of folks with many that don't really care that much other than it's fun and they can grab some free stuff.

The walmart that got ransacked lost about 100k in merch to 200 people, or about $500 each. That's not left or right, that's just Christmas in July.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:29 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why do you assume that?

If the guy is a white supremacist, who is engaging in destruction of property and looting, he won't get any sympathy form me, or I would assume, from 99.9% of anyone who supports Trump either.
Exactly.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I have seen video of rioting, to include looting and property damage, in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Grand Rapids (really!), Minneapolis, New York, Oakland, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Providence, Sacramento, Saint Louis, Santa Monica, Seattle, and Washington. And those are just off the top of my head; I imagine there were plenty more. You are either uninformed, or you are purposely downplaying the significant violent social unrest that has been going on across the country.
My money's on that one.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oakland Mayor Says Destructive Riots Are Helping Trump: ‘Gives Donald Trump The Images He Wants’

“Vandalizing our downtown gives Donald Trump the images he wants and the justification he seeks to send federal troops into American cities,” said Schaaf per the Daily Wire.

“We can’t be fooled and play into his twisted campaign strategy. We celebrate passionate protests but Oaklanders need to know that when they attend protests after dark they may be providing cover for agitators who are more intent on stoking than advancing racial justice,” she continued.

Yup, the antifa and BLM thugs were all peaceful and stuff, and then Trump's minions put weapons in their hands, and convinced them to riot and break things.

YHup, it's all Trump's fault.

What a ditz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies