Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 06:24 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
So all those signs I see at protests are inaccurate?
They were just kidding They really meant "de-fun the police"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 06:31 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure I get this.

There will be about 300 convention attendees. How many cops does the city think they'll need to control . . what . . . an angry mob of MAGA hat wearers? What is city security imagining is going to happen here, exactly?b
Are you not familiar with the Democratic National Convention of 1968 in Chicago? There was plenty of rioting going on, but it wasn't being done by Republicans; it was being done by different factions of Democrats (or otherwise left-leaning) who were protesting that their pet causes weren't being given enough attention in their own party. THAT is what I imagine the city is imagining would happen there. And the events of the past few months, nationwide, certainly lend credence to that idea.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:49 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In related news, an army of social workers is being readied to take the place of the absent police forces.
In related news, Racist BLM offers to provide security for the Democratic Convention. They will ensure that no old whites or any whites for that matter are allowed entrance. Asians and Hispanics will be required to demonstrate that they are not married to or related to any old whites.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure I get this.

There will be about 300 convention attendees. How many cops does the city think they'll need to control . . what . . . an angry mob of MAGA hat wearers? What is city security imagining is going to happen here, exactly?b

It seems the concern here, by the police departments, is Milwaukee issuing a requirement that the Milwaukee PD account in detail for all the times they used pepper spray in May and June, and other police departments don't want to have to encounter that level of scrutiny if they need to use crowd control measures.

Sounds like the City might need to back off on the requirement of their own PD, and this will settle out.
I seem to remember that the last one they paid for a lot of fencing and spent a ton on security. Maybe those old whites in the Democratic Party feel threatened by the Racist BLM and Antifa thugs?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:53 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I get this.

It seems the concern here, by the police departments, is Milwaukee issuing a requirement that the Milwaukee PD account in detail for all the times they used pepper spray in May and June, and other police departments don't want to have to encounter that level of scrutiny if they need to use crowd control measures.

Sounds like the City might need to back off on the requirement of their own PD, and this will settle out.

You don't get it.

The media is lying to you.

Antifa and violent liberals are real. They will trash Milwaukee without proper policing.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You don't get it.

Antifa and violent liberals are real. They will trash Milwaukee without proper policing.
I say let them.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
You don't get it.

And then they'll blame the Trump supporters.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:57 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I have a question for our on-board "woke" liberals. Please explain just why there is need for security at the DNC? You've told us for months that these are just "peaceful protesters". How we don't need and should abolish police. How actually putting violent criminals in prison is bayd. You've insisted on turning violent criminals out of prison to prey on innocent people. And lets not forget, you've been bleating for decades how guns are bayd and aren't necessary for self defense. How the police will be there to protect you (even after you morons abolish or defund them?). This as as pathetic as the leadership of Minneapolis screeching "defund the police"-while demanding that taxpayers provide private security to defend them and their homes. Hey, why don't you invite those "peaceful protesters" that tried to set the OCCUPIED police precinct on fire to your convention? You can provide them with gas and matches if you believe the crap you spew.

Are liberals incredibly stupid? Or simply hypocrites? Yes, I know-it's not either/or.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:58 PM

157 posts, read 110,287 times
Quote:
I've seen multiple videos where some low-IQ liberal is protesting to defund/abolish the police - has something bad happen to him/her - and then whines for the police or whines about the police not being there to stop it.

The Democrats have adopted an anti-police line and better change it quick.

A week or two ago, some useful idiot protesters were wearing dark clothes and trying to block a highway. A guy was doing the normal speed limit and did not see them until the last second. He hit one of them and kept going. The first thing the protesters were saying was, "Call 911."

Old 07-28-2020, 07:00 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
But....but they will kill all the Democrats!!!! What can we do???
People need to relax. They are peaceful killers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies