Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 10:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel T. View Post
America created it's problems with the black population while other countries were able to move on. Now America can reap the benefits of relegating it's black people to poverty.

America can and will wallow in it as China moves forward and is blessed (not literally) by America's fighting within. Trump's promotion of racism for his political cause has become a gift to China.

best wishes from Canada.
They were burning and looting in England too, FYI. It's also curious how big of an expert you are on the US South, being "from Canada" and all. All this vaguery about "systemic racism" is purely an attack on the system for ant-capitalist, pro Marxist sentiment that resents and envies affluence and success, while giving it no praise for the benefits to society at large and only focusing on the negative

Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
I believe this.

What I find interesting is the very high, high numbers of white Christians who adopt children from other countries - of other races (black, Asian). I believe this is usually so they can say "look at me, see? I am not racist because I adopted a child of another race." Then they proceed to carry on with the same bigotry and ignorance they always have.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 AM

8,333 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Whites that watch out for their own race are "racists". Boo hoo. Whites with some sense as opposed to these BLM/Antifa traitor punks.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:24 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
[/b]

Well stay tuned because there is much more Christian hating to come in the future.

I believe in God and I feel deeply every insult flung at people of faith.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I believe this.

What I find interesting is the very high, high numbers of white Christians who adopt children from other countries - of other races (black, Asian). I believe this is usually so they can say "look at me, see? I am not racist because I adopted a child of another race." Then they proceed to carry on with the same bigotry and ignorance they always have.
wow I've seen some delusional stuff lately, but damn this is all time cynical stuff right here

Can you provide even one concrete example of this?

Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
In public opinion polls, a clear pattern has emerged: White Christians are consistently more likely than whites who are religiously unaffiliated to deny the existence of structural racism.
denying the existence of 'structural racism' is no indication of 'racism' - it's an indication of common sense, says this agnostic.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:27 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
I believe this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
wow I've seen some delusional stuff lately, but damn this is all time cynical stuff right here

Can you provide even one concrete example of this?
yeah... i want to see these 'very high, high' numbers' myself

Old 07-29-2020, 10:29 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
You asked the question. Have at it.
Don't mind if I do.

Right off the bat I see a problem. One of the questions used to determine how racist you are is how you respond to the question about how you perceive structural racism.

Not agreeing that there is major structural racism is not proof of racism, it could be that they are unaware on the topic or have different experiences in their own community and so forth.

The author picks a number of questions where neither a yes nor no is actually racist but yet assigns you to the category of racist or not anyway.

By selecting questions that are disingenous, bad or downright unrelated, one can steer to a pre-determined conclusion quite easily this way.

Here, take my "Are you a violent racist quiz".

1) Do you frequently listen to music that uses vulgar language and racial slurs?
2) Do any of your friends have any affiliation to a gang?
3) Have you or people with you ever committed a crime on public transportation?

Score for Jay Z? 3 yes
Score for Kevin who lives in a town of 4,000 and listens to country music and is a neo-nazi? Maybe 1 yes.

P.S. I'd suggest sticking to actual science and not some dude selling books and making up his own poll questions that have not been shown to highly correlate with racism.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russel T. View Post
Let me know when you're ready to face up to reality. America does indeed have a problem with black people. That's just being honest and being able to tell you from an apolitical POV. I don't have a dog in your fight and never will have because both sides represent defeat for the people. Now America is stuck with the problem they created with black people and the jails have no more room.

Gandhi said, take a Muslim child and raise him as your own son........................

Will any American every get there? I see the fall of America as a country before.
The jails have plenty of room because they are being emptied. In New York following bail reform almost no one is going to jail anymore, and they emptied places like Rikers by something like 80%. Prosecutors are refusing to prosecute black people, even when actual crimes can be proven

Today, in 2020, what is the "problem with black people" that America has?

What is the exact nature of this problem and what is the solution you are claiming is not being implemented?

Old 07-29-2020, 10:31 AM

78,376 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
I believe this.

Wow, the irony that someone could write something so bigoted while looking down their nose at others for how you believe they think is near olympic level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies