Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 05:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Because that's what God and Jesus wants you to have, sympathy and not disdain for them, he wants you to help them.
Only pathetic people need God to tell them to be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 05:17 PM

1,428 posts, read 664,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Only pathetic people need God to tell them to be good.
Or only pathetic people chastise someone for being GOOD whatever their reason.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I got bad news for everyone here,.

50% of America is poor, When you don't have $500 for an emergency you are poor.

When you can't afford to see a doctor or dentist you are poor.

When you think you are not poor and you have an emergency and you go to the ER and the doctor tells you that you need emergency surgery or you can become paralyzed for life at any moment and you think you have great insurance only to be told after the operation by your insurance company that it was not needed you are poor and you have to sell your home and lose everything you worked for because you owe a hospital $1 million, that makes you poor. All Americans are next on the poor lottery.

The 1% are comfortable.

To be rich in America you need to be worth $25 million, to be wealthy $500 million or more.

and Karma and God know what you think , those who look down on the poor and think they are better than them better worry about themselves dying and being reincarnated as a starving African child or an American child in a sex cult.

So unless you walk a mile in a poor person's shoes I would not judge them.
How could anybody not look down on the poor?

1. They don’t pay taxes but take in all the benefits.
2. They commit most of violent crimes including murder by number and by ratio.
3. They don’t produce anything.
4. They have the highest single motherhood rate.
5. They don’t take care of their children.
6. They have the highest alcohol and drug abuse by number and by ratio.
7. They don’t care about education.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:18 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Anyone who says people choose to be homeless has something wrong with them. It implies that they have the option to live in a nice home but they choose to be on the streets instead. We have people living in their cars in America just so they are not out in the street, but they are basically homeless too.
Your last post made sense. This one, not so much

A small segment of the homeless choose that lifestyle.

A pastor that has been running the homeless shelter in downtown LA for decades himself has said that about 70% of the homeless have mental health and or addiction problems causing their problems. Researchers and people like Dr Drew cite similar numbers.

Homeless are a small population percentage wise and the subset of people that choose that lifestyle are even smaller, but they do exist.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Or only pathetic people chastise someone for being GOOD whatever their reason.
Chastise?

First of all, you can do whatever you want with your money. Just don’t force me to pay for your compassion.

Secondly, help me understand how helping people who choose to stay poor is a good thing?

Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I hate the rich that mooch off of other people's work. I don't have empathy for rich people who were born with a diamond spoon in their mouth just so they can act elite and think they are better than anyone else. and Jeff Bezos is lucky.. that's all rich people are is lucky. That's why they call it a fortune because they are fortunate. They don't work harder than a garbage man does, in fact they don't work hard at all, when you are the richest person in the world, it's great to be King. He says he wakes up when he wants and not to an alarm, but who's gonna tell the boss he's late. Some rich people may work hard if they are workaholics, but there are not enough hours in the day for you to earn $1 billion, you earn it from the hard work of the poor people that you don't allow pee breaks to.
You don’t care about the poor. You just hate the rich.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I got bad news for everyone here,.

50% of America is poor, When you don't have $500 for an emergency you are poor.

When you can't afford to see a doctor or dentist you are poor.

When you think you are not poor and you have an emergency and you go to the ER and the doctor tells you that you need emergency surgery or you can become paralyzed for life at any moment and you think you have great insurance only to be told after the operation by your insurance company that it was not needed you are poor and you have to sell your home and lose everything you worked for because you owe a hospital $1 million, that makes you poor. All Americans are next on the poor lottery.

The 1% are comfortable.

To be rich in America you need to be worth $25 million, to be wealthy $500 million or more.

and Karma and God know what you think , those who look down on the poor and think they are better than them better worry about themselves dying and being reincarnated as a starving African child or an American child in a sex cult.

So unless you walk a mile in a poor person's shoes I would not judge them.
I have news for you. People CHOOSE not to have $500 emergency fund.

Every (Able-bodied) poor person in America CHOOSES to be poor.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:33 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,752,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your last post made sense. This one, not so much

A small segment of the homeless choose that lifestyle.

A pastor that has been running the homeless shelter in downtown LA for decades himself has said that about 70% of the homeless have mental health and or addiction problems causing their problems. Researchers and people like Dr Drew cite similar numbers.

Homeless are a small population percentage wise and the subset of people that choose that lifestyle are even smaller, but they do exist.
So you are telling me that if these homeless people who you say choose to be homeless were given a nice apartment to stay in when they wanted and to have a place to sleep at night and they could still go out and hang out during a the day they would turn down the house?

Old 07-31-2020, 05:33 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,217,849 times
Quote:
You lost me right before you invoke Phocahontas.

Driving up the cost of living????? What in the world are you talking about? The cost of living has been in steady decline every since the industrial revolution. How much does a gallon of milk cost back 100 years ago? How much does it cost now?
Dude, what are you talking about? Steep inflation is a thing for big ticket items. Just because a gallon of milk has been relatively stable in prices, doesn't meant that things such as education and housing haven't risen precipitously. We are not talking about the average grocery run compared to real wages. I would hope with increased production and mechanized farming that food scarcity would come down in a first world country.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:35 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,752,567 times
Quote:
You don’t care about the poor. You just hate the rich.
I do care about the poor, which is most Americans, and I don't hate the rich, I just wish they were forced to pay the highest rate on their income and not be the richest person in the world an only earn $85,000 a year but gets $13 billion richer in one day. and I do with that the rich would appreciate how fortunate they are and spend some of their hoarded money into building affordable housing for those who need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies