Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 01:42 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Firstly, we aren’t talking about sick people here.

Secondly, What am I going to say to all those that lost jobs from this pandemic and may NOT recoup the old jobs? many are looking, things are NOT open, especially in FL?

SAVINGS!!!
I asked you -- how do you know?? and what savings? I just gave you real life for many -- go back in the sand and hide thy head...you aren't ready for truths, you just want to blame someone for something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 01:43 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I asked you -- how do you know?? and what savings? I just gave you real life for many -- go back in the sand and hide thy head...you aren't ready for truths, you just want to blame someone for something.
Savings from when time was good.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:46 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Please explain to me why anybody should have sympathy for the poor:

1. They don’t pay taxes but take in all the benefits.
2. They commit most of violent crimes including murder by number and by ratio.
3. They don’t produce anything.
4. They have the highest single motherhood rate.
5. They don’t take care of their children.
6. They have the highest alcohol and drug abuse by number and by ratio.
7. They don’t care about education.

I understand #1 as they are poor and don’t have money, but the rest points are inexcusable for being poor.
1. The poor pay taxes, even if they're not working: sales taxes, use taxes, property taxes (either directly or indirectly); the working poor and unemployed pay income tax. Working poor don't necessarily "take in all the benefits", either.
3. See #1. The working poor populate the service industry.
5. You have stats on that?
6. You have stats on that, too?

Quote:
They take care of their children? Shocking! Why would they have children they can’t afford? How is that taking care of their children?
See, that's what happens when making sweeping and unfounded generalizations. As having children "they can't afford", have you ever heard of changing circumstances?

Quote:
they don’t let their children commit crimes
Did your mother know everything you were doing each and every minute of the day?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
All benefits should require some amount of community work to attain. No able bodied person should get a free ride.
Tough to do if you're already working ...
Quote:
Are those saints doing it for free or they are compensated?
Better question: Are they doing it for a living wage?

Old 07-29-2020, 01:49 PM

74 posts, read 33,335 times
Quote:
If you make minimum wage how much can you save?

Old 07-29-2020, 01:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
I see an actual discussion was not sought here.

on the one side, I've mentioned opportunity, the human compact, disability, and responsibility.

on the other side (at least I *think* this is what they meant):
Quote:
Because society as a whole is better when the poor have their basic necessities taken care of. If you want to maximize economic output, there's a shared burden to take care of the poor
now, maybe you prefer a 3rd option:

We're all on our beyond the core functions of government that are life, liberty, pursuit of happiness - a military and LEO that keeps us safe and free; the US Constitution that provides our rights.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear09 View Post
If you make minimum wage how much can you save?
How did the poor Mexican illegal immigrants save and send billions home each year????

I was poor before and know too well.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:01 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Saving in a "poor" lifestyle is NEVER good- and of the ones had some money put away before the pandemic, are probably long gone... 5 months in if you have more savings today- are not poor- you are on the rich side.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
But how do you know? There are good looking strong looking crazy people - there are VETS with PTSD just cant get it together, all kids of mental illness.
There is emotional illness from an abusive home. That movie, Precious- was very real in many places. "You be just like your daddy.".. (mom) "you area stupid",, "never amount anything" embedded in their brains from early in life.
There is a lack of support. nobody cares what you do,,, you are on your own.
There is poverty- kids go to work not school and the cycle just keeps going.
There are the old folks... can't keep up with the cost of living.. In Miami we hear of folks eating cat food. older couples living together but not marrying because they would lose the benefits living in shame, (old school)
There are the sick family members. they cut my grands milk one year, he was special needs, His food was
Pediasure 6 cans a day... you know how much a six-pack cost me $13.00 x 7 days, $91 a week, $365 a mo. Do you know special needs families do NOT get all handed to them.

What you going to say to all those that lost jobs from this pandemic and may NOT recoup the old jobs? Many are looking, things are NOT open, especially in FL. So what should we do with all these folks? Our fellow American Citizens?
It’s not my responsibility to know. Making my own life better is hard enough. I have no interest in how other people live their lives. I am not their dictator, master, or parent.

Do you feel you are so smart and brilliant and have got your life together so perfectly that you have time to worry about other people???

Old 07-29-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Saving in a "poor" lifestyle is NEVER good- and of the ones had some money put away before the pandemic, are probably long gone... 5 months in if you have more savings today- are not poor- you are on the rich side.
How is that my problem? Am I supposed to feel sympathy for the people who don’t know how to save? I am happy to show how I did but you don’t care about that.

Old 07-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Didn't you start this thread?
I did. I was told I am supposed to feel sympathy for the poor and every time they invoke “the poor”, they immediately have the moral high ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies