Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 10:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Sorry about that ~ I lost power yesterday at 2:30pm because of the severe weather conditions ~ posting from my phone.

Please see ‘Should society let uninsured die?’ Ron Paul.

He didn’t have the courage of his convictions’ either.

It also should be noted this was pre-COVID.
That is up to the society to decide voluntarily. You and your minions have no such authority to force the society to do what you want.

Remember people are not slaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
She wont. She is probably a Chinese or Filipion. Embraced prosperity but the pettiness still remains.
Why do I need to accept or not accept the starving children? The children are the responsibility of their parents!

Old 08-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Sorry about that ~ I lost power yesterday at 2:30pm because of the severe weather conditions ~ posting from my phone.

Thanks, I googled it and watched it.

He's missing a lot of the point.

While he had experience at Santa Rosa in San Antonio before Medicaid and "they never turned anyone away" because the churches stepped up and paid, Dr. Paul MUST know that there were many, many more patients who simply didn't seek medical care they desperately needed because they couldn't pay.

If ALL the people who needed medical care came forward, the churches, even at the much lower health care costs of the 1960's, would have been overwhelmed and unable to foot the bill.

Ah, Ron Paul.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Thanks, I googled it and watched it.

He's missing a lot of the point.

While he had experience at Santa Rosa in San Antonio before Medicaid and "they never turned anyone away" because the churches stepped up and paid, Dr. Paul MUST know that there were many, many more patients who simply didn't seek medical care they desperately needed because they couldn't pay.

If ALL the people who needed medical care came forward, the churches, even at the much lower health care costs of the 1960's, would have been overwhelmed and unable to foot the bill.

Ah, Ron Paul.
Therefore we must force people at gunpoint to pay and if they refuse, shoot them.

That is what you are saying here.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Therefore we must force people at gunpoint to pay and if they refuse, shoot them.

That is what you are saying here.
I can tell you didn't watch the video, and have no idea what you're talking about.

(Word on the street is, you're actually a teenage boy bored with quarantine).

Old 08-05-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I don't have any idea what you're talking about, and my guess is, neither do you.
That’s what you are advocating! How else can you get the funding for welfare? Only two ways: voluntary and coercion.

Since you already rejected the voluntary way, it leaves coercion - threatening people with violence and kill them if they refuse.

Somehow, you have the audacity to think you are morally superior!

Old 08-05-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
That’s what you are advocating! How else can you get the funding? Only two ways: voluntary and coercion.

Since you already rejected the voluntary way, it leaves coercion - threatening people with violence and kill them if they refuse.
I am advocating that Medicaid pay, while Ron Paul was advocating that the government not cover those who are uninsured.

Because I watched the video, so I have an intelligent comment to make on the subject.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I am advocating that Medicaid pay, while Ron Paul was advocating that the government not cover those who are uninsured.

Because I watched the video, so I have an intelligent comment to make on the subject.
Is Medicaid funded voluntarily or at gunpoint?

Old 08-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Here's the video - it's really a compelling exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T9fk7NpgIU

Old 08-05-2020, 11:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Please explain to me why anybody should have sympathy for the poor

Talk to Donny about what his two Corinthian pals had to say in 9:6-7

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies