Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2020, 11:42 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
All paid for by Soros.
Links? I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 11:46 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, gee, if only Trump had had some time, in the over three years he was already in office, to rectify that. But who has the time when you have to Tweet 30 times a day? Priorities, people! Besides, by not doing anything he gets to blame the last guy in the job. Because he is Mr. "I Take No Responsibility for Anything."
Right, he forgot to check his calendar. "Chinese Kung Flu Outbreak" was clearly scheduled for early 2020. Clinton, W Bush and Obama obviously didn't have a pandemic clearly marked on their calendar, so their completely irresponsible behavior with the stockpile is all forgiven. Makes sense, right?

No Democrat would have done better. All of them would have done worse. They wouldn't have shut down travel from China. They wouldn't have shutdown travel from Europe or anywhere else. All you have to do is look at what they were advocating for. Pelosi begging people to come visit Chinatown. DeBlasio begging people to come out to participate mass gatherings. Joe Biden calling Trump and alarmist and a racist for shutting down travel from China and Europe. There's have been a continuation giving our full faith and trust in the Chinese controlled WHO. Everything that you can point to that Trump is being criticized for, the Democrats would have done it worse -- and that is based on what they were saying at the time that it happened.

But while the death count would likely be double what it is now, the Democrats would be showered with praise by the press for their brave fight against this invisible enemy. Nobody would be telling them they got anything wrong and nobody would be saying, "You sank the economy!!" Just consider how much criticism CNN and MSNBC have for Governor Andrew Cuomo for having the largest death toll by far and sticking Kung Flu infected patients in nursing homes. It's all crickets, but there's been loads of praise showered on Cuomo for his "brilliant leadership."

That's just how it works. All things are forgiven by the magical D next to their names. Every sin or misstep of a Democrat leader will be spun as bravery and brilliant leadership.

Quote:
He urged them to do what he should have done, which is lead this country. Instead, he abdicated his responsibility so he could lay blame when things went south. Which they were bound to do without any leadership at the top. You can't have 50 different policies and expect it to work.

And what about that national stockpile? Sorry, folks, Jared says it's "theirs," not the ours.
We're now 7 months into the pandemic. We've yet to lack for capacity to treat anyone for the Kung Flu. Anytime somebody needed a ventilator, there was a ventilator available for them.

Now Trump haters really do need to make up their minds. If Trump directly intervenes against the Marxist rioting terrorists all over the country, he's an evil fascist dictator. The Dems absolutely insist that this would violate the Constitution and that the federal government has no authority to do anything every for any reason no matter what. But they criticize Trump for failing to act like a fascist dictator, seize control and manage the entire pandemic from the Oval Office.

Either the federal government can do stuff or it can't. Either a POTUS taking charge is fascism or it isn't. But pick one already!!

Quote:
Wow, you had to go all the way back to February to find that. Meanwhile, five months later the guy at the top continues to undermine recovery.

People are not swayed by the MAGAs attempts to rewrite history. We all were here. We all watched this nightmare unfold. You can't persuade people that they didn't experience what they experienced. This is a losing strategy.
You have two choices: Open the economy and cease all lockdowns or don't. One will delay economic recovery and accellerate economic collapse: Stay locked down and stay closed. The other will accelerate economic recovery and minimize economic disaster: End lockdowns and open up.

You can't have both. You have to pick one.

Trump is advocating for the choice that accelerates economic recovery. Democrats are advocating for the one that prevents economic recovery. So what's your position?

Old 07-31-2020, 12:02 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Chit Chat View Post
It tells us all we need to know. The left wants everything shut down cold, but then they complain when the economy suffers from being shut down. Only a liberal can have the those two thoughts in their head simultaneously and think they are being rational.
I wanted a quick response from my government from the very start. I wanted my government to take this seriously while there was time to stem the tide. I wanted leadership.

We got none of those things.

Bloviate all you want, but that is the bottom line.

Unfortunately, we cannot go back and redo the first few months of the botched response. It's too late now. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have or will lose their lives. And so many of those deaths were preventable, if only we had competent leadership at the top.

People know this. That is why Trump is losing in the polls.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:30 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I wanted a quick response from my government from the very start. I wanted my government to take this seriously while there was time to stem the tide. I wanted leadership.

We got none of those things.

Bloviate all you want, but that is the bottom line.

Unfortunately, we cannot go back and redo the first few months of the botched response. It's too late now. Hundreds of thousands of Americans have or will lose their lives. And so many of those deaths were preventable, if only we had competent leadership at the top.

People know this. That is why Trump is losing in the polls.

What are your thoughts on pelosi telling everyone to come to china town, late february and de blasio said go see a movie in new york early march......

Old 07-31-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What are your thoughts on pelosi telling everyone to come to china town, late february and de blasio said go see a movie in new york early march......
They learned. Waaaaaay back in late February, early March. They aren't the slow learners Trump is.

Old 07-31-2020, 12:47 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Quote:
They learned. Waaaaaay back in late February, early March. They aren't the slow learners Trump is.
Good One!

Old 07-31-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:

So, your response is they sent people out despite the CV19 and that made them learn? Why, because they had more cases to deal with? I would not call that learning, that would be called stupid, hey lookie, I have more cases because I encouraged people to get out....therefore I've learned more....

You understand they sent people out despite CV19, yes? Never mind....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Good One!

And you agree with it...LOL....I have more cases because I told my people to get out and come to china town and go see a movie....Despite CV19....I guess if you call that learning...backward learning...then I guess ya GOT ME.....

Old 07-31-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, your response is they sent people out despite the CV19 and that made them learn? Why, because they had more cases to deal with? I would not call that learning, that would be called stupid, hey lookie, I have more cases because I encouraged people to get out....therefore I've learned more....

You understand they sent people out despite CV19, yes? Never mind....
Yes, back in FEBRUARY, when we didn't understand what we were dealing with we weren't taking the necessary precautions. But as soon as it became apparent that this was serious, Pelosi got onboard. And she has been ever since.

Meanwhile, Trump held a rally just last month. What's his excuse for "sending people out despite CV19?" Stupidity? A total disregard for the health of the attendees? (I bet Herman Cain wishes he had cared a little bit more.)

Do tell us, chuck, why you will excoriate Pelosi for what she didn't do in February but give Trump a pass for what he did do a mere five weeks ago?

Old 07-31-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, back in FEBRUARY, when we didn't understand what we were dealing with we weren't taking the necessary precautions. But as soon as it became apparent that this was serious, Pelosi got onboard. And she has been ever since.

Meanwhile, Trump held a rally just last month. What's his excuse for "sending people out despite CV19?" Stupidity? A total disregard for the health of the attendees? (I bet Herman Cain wishes he had cared a little bit more.)

Do tell us, chuck, why you will excoriate Pelosi for what she didn't do in February but give Trump a pass for what he did do a mere five weeks ago?

Quote:

So, trump did nothing in January, February, and March? Do you even pay attention to what has gone on? Or don't you care....I'm thinking the latter.....

Quote:

He never said "despite CV19", that would be your boy de blasio. Probably, but you can also walk out in the street and get run over.....because you love the way the economy is going, is not my fault. Tell us when we have ever shut down anything like this before. How many people have recovered vs. who had it?

Quote:

Wait, are you telling me pelosi did not say that in february?

Quote:
"I'm here," she said. "We feel safe and sound with so many of us coming here. It's not only to say it's safe but to say thank you for being Chinatown."

https://abc7news.com/sf-chinatown-pe...fears/5964696/

I won't because it's clearly obvious that this is about one reason and one reason only, november...period end of story. People are not as stupid as you think, they start to see things....BLM rallies, ZERO masks, ZERO social distancing....but those that are seeing things, cannot go to church or have gatherings....

Oh, and your current presidential nominee held rallies into mid march....Don't believe me, here is his facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/joebiden/events/

And here is your boy de blasio stating to get out and see a movie in early march.....

Quote:
"Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions," de Blasio tweeted on March 2. "Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see The Traitor [at Lincoln Center]. If The Wire was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...te-coronavirus

Old 07-31-2020, 03:10 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Hysteria: exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.

I've not seen anybody who takes this virus seriously behaving in this manner. They're being careful and limiting their exposure like we are. I'm sorry if that interferes with how you think they should behave. Some people don't want to get this virus or die from it. No amount of shaming is going to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies