Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 06:50 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, pay them to stay at home, yea, that's awesome.....
All these years they refused to raise the minimum wage. They have no business complaining about the current situation. They created it all.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:53 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Or, you know, pay them enough to live while working. Even more awesome.

Or, you know, be better in life, you don't have to have a college degree to make more than $7.25 an hour.

If you flip burgers, and you are older than 25ish.....maybe you need to re-think your entire life on the path you are taking, that's more awesome, than your awesome....

Old 07-29-2020, 06:57 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Or, you know, be better in life, you don't have to have a college degree to make more than $7.25 an hour.

If you flip burgers, and you are older than 25ish.....maybe you need to re-think your entire life on the path you are taking, that's more awesome, than your awesome....
Flipping burgers is apparently an essential service provided my millions in this country, so why should they be forced to work in poverty? “The world needs ditch-diggers, too”, so why should they be forced to endure poverty and apply for social welfare to live?

Old 07-29-2020, 07:02 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Many restaurants are closed down or will never re-open again. For the ones that are open, they don't get enough business to justify hiring a lot of wait staff.

That should be a no-brainer.

When you walk in a store, you are in there for a limited time. But working as a waiter in a restaurant, you're there 8 hours a day around lots of different people day after day, week after week. It's a huge risk for catching covid.

Working at the pace W/Ws do in a confined space where people come and go all day and cough, sneeze, etc. while there, unless you are willing to voluntarily infect yourself with Covid-19, you need to find a new line of work.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Flipping burgers is apparently an essential service provided my millions in this country, so why should they be forced to work in poverty?

Because it's a starter job (fast food burger flipper, just to be clear), not a live the rest of your life on job.

Quote:
“The world needs ditch-diggers, too”, so why should they be forced to endure poverty and apply for social welfare to live?

Don't know the ditch diggers you know, and I don't either, but I've inquired recently, and they damn sure don't make $7.25 an hour....I walked away from about 300 total feet of current ditch that I wanted redone at my house, no damn way I was paying the price they wanted.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/ted...oyment-checks/

He says they don't deserve UI benefits and should get back to work in the restaurants.
He says they don't deserve it since they refuse to work.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Fifth, McConnell, Rand Paul and Mike Lee are bigger Jenks than Rafael.
Because Rand Paul is a man and actually works for a living and doesn't live off of government welfare like so many of the spineless little children do?

The conservatives are the real men. We don't need government to run our lives from cradle to grave.

Sen Warren was right, "Men, if you can find one".

Old 07-29-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What other pandemic is going on right now? I have not heard of any others at the moment.

We can start with TB:

https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-t...lobal-pandemic

Quote:
Tuberculosis (TB) is a global disease, found in every country in the world. It is the leading infectious cause of death worldwide. The World Health Organization estimates that 1.8 billion people—close to one quarter of the world's population—are infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M.tb), the bacteria that causes TB. Last year, 10 million fell ill from TB and 1.5 million died. TB is an airborne disease that can be spread by coughing or sneezing and is the leading cause of infectious disease worldwide. It is responsible for economic devastation and the cycle of poverty and illness that entraps families, communities and even entire countries. Among the most vulnerable are women, children, and those with HIV/AIDS. There is growing resistance to available drugs, which means the disease is becoming more deadly and difficult to treat. There were more than half a million cases of drug resistant TB last year.

Old 07-29-2020, 07:19 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
Quote:
Because we’re in the middle of a pandemic and they’re afraid to work in a crowded building while touching items that have been all over peoples mouths?
But that just makes too much common sense for Cruz and many other whinners .

Old 07-29-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Many restaurants are closed down or will never re-open again. For the ones that are open, they don't get enough business to justify hiring a lot of wait staff.

That should be a no-brainer.

When you walk in a store, you are in there for a limited time. But working as a waiter in a restaurant, you're there 8 hours a day around lots of different people day after day, week after week. It's a huge risk for catching covid.
How many healthy people die OF covid 19? Do you know? Can you even guess? Not WITH covid 19 but OF covid 19.
The at risk are being hit hard and not many work in restaurants. Most that die are in nursing homes. So tell me how many healthy people who work in restaurants will be at risk to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies