Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 04:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,112,577 times

Advertisements

(Sorry, I can't find a link to the item.)

There was a survey showing that 72% of Republicans felt that a president shouldn't have to release his tax returns.

Which is hilariously hypocritical, because you just know if it was a matter of someone like Hillary refusing to show us her tax returns, Republicans would be up in arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 04:25 PM

34,259 posts, read 19,257,914 times
OMg can you imagine the insanity? LOL. I think Biden should refuse to until Trump does. Sadly I expect he has already released his.

Old 07-29-2020, 04:31 PM

34,151 posts, read 18,417,650 times
The President already released much more detailed financial information in the financial disclosure required to run for President. Tax returns wouldn't show anything juicy to have a gotcha moment with. His lawyers and accountants prepare them, so what? Wow just delusion constantly from the Left.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:22 PM

21,431 posts, read 7,394,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

There was a survey showing that 72% of Republicans felt that a president shouldn't have to release his tax returns.

Which is hilariously hypocritical, because you just know if it was a matter of someone like Hillary refusing to show us her tax returns, Republicans would be up in arms.
Yes, that is a guaranteed outcome.

Powerful self actualized women seemed to get under Republican's skin in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Clinton was the apex representation of that, she was early in the game, and Bill Clinton relied upon her to help craft a health care bill, which infuriated Republican special interests and big dark money.

Hillary Clinton was a public figure for decades, and Republicans vilified her for all of that time. It was character assassination. There were absolutely no limits to where they would go to smear her reputation. No lie was too outrageous to spring out on her. There are people in their 40's and 50's today that have heard her publicly and unfairly demonized their entire adult lives. It was relentless.

If Trump had released his own tax returns and Hillary did not, all hell would have broken loose in Republican ranks. They would not have tolerated it, they would have condemned her with a vengeance. But since it was actually their boy Trump who refused to release his returns, they are silent.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:23 PM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Is there a law? No. Then 28% of them are wrong.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:25 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,755,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The President already released much more detailed financial information in the financial disclosure required to run for President. Tax returns wouldn't show anything juicy to have a gotcha moment with. His lawyers and accountants prepare them, so what? Wow just delusion constantly from the Left.
Pilot, there MUST be something in the tax returns that he very, very much wants hidden.

I'm not sure what it is - maybe he's not as wealthy as he says, maybe some of his businesses are failing, maybe he gave some to causes that would be embarrassing, maybe he gave a LOT of his money away in hush money, something.

He's not just being stubborn just to be stubborn.

There's something there he's hiding.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:27 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,213,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Is there a law? No. Then 28% of them are wrong.
There is that pesky grand jury investigation which was upheld the the Supreme Court. Does that count?

Old 07-29-2020, 05:31 PM

34,151 posts, read 18,417,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Pilot, there MUST be something in the tax returns that he very, very much wants hidden.

I'm not sure what it is - maybe he's not as wealthy as he says, maybe some of his businesses are failing, maybe he gave some to causes that would be embarrassing, maybe he gave a LOT of his money away in hush money, something.

He's not just being stubborn just to be stubborn.

There's something there he's hiding.
A flying buddy of mine is a really good CPA with a lot of very wealthy and big corporate clients. He's been doing it for over thirty five years and knows his stuff. He assured me of what I said was true. He deals with this stuff daily. I only deal with it tangentially in my job, but I trust his opinion. Tax returns don't show nearly as much as the required financial disclosure. Think about it. Trump's personal income is highly structured from many, many corporations he owns. He has legions of tax attorneys and accountants prepare all that, legally and meticulously. Take it FWIW.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:33 PM

17,661 posts, read 13,502,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Yes, and if Hillary or Obama were president and we had 150K dead in a pandemic we wouldn't be hearing about how "it wouldn't matter who was in office". That's for sure.

My issue with Trump is that if he had said from the get go that he would NOT release his tax returns it would be worthy of some respect. But that's not what he did.

And again, if a democrat had claimed that he/she would would release their tax returns when this or that happened or claimed they were under perpetual audit. Right wingers would be going nuts.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:39 PM

77,903 posts, read 60,048,025 times
Obama's birth certificate and Trumps tax records....things that are only cared about by people that will never change their voting affiliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies