Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 01:17 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,084,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I don't believe that one bit. When people calm down, move away from the mob mentality and mature, they often see the error in their ways.
People who follow mob mentality tend not to be calm, rational and open to the realization that they are wrong. Good luck finding a unicorn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 03:38 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,988,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
I suggest you start here with this interview of one of Bret's students:

Then possibly round it out with this one called :Who Set the Students Against Bret Weinstein?":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQUBQ4t64E&t=136s
That Benjamin Boyce guy is a postgrad student of Evergreen, and has a 22 part series on Evergreen and how the school devolved over time. A lot to absorb, but if one is interested there it is.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...x6YbUnhw-buS5K

Old 07-30-2020, 03:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Good luck with finding anyone who sided with the students against him. However even if you do, there is little chance of an educated and reasoned discussion with those "woke" PC kooks who wanted him hung from the nearest tree for having the gall and temerity to express a differing point of view.

You do not come back from such insanity unless you have a brain transplant or get out of a rehab center.

`

Electroconvulsive therapy might do the trick.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:21 AM

303 posts, read 128,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Maybe you have not seen the same videos I have. Sure some people can make a change depending on how far gone they are.
However many of his critics that were interviewed seem like militant activists, lesbians (or gender questioning types) with multiple tats, piercings, etc.
You do not come back from being a homo or having tats unless you go through aversion therapy to try to become hetero, and have laser surgery.
Neither of which I suspect those individuals intend on doing.

They seemed very comfortable in their indigence and hatred of anything other than total capitulation to their radical Nazi like behavior.
`
The previous poster said some of the people that supported the students against Weinstein might have changed their minds about the whole affair after they calmed down and were no longer in 'mob mentality' mode.

You stated that that seems unlikely because many of them seemed to be lesbians, and in your words, "you do not come back from being a homo" without aversion therapy.

Just one question - What the hell are you talking about?

Quick follow up question - No, seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

Old 07-30-2020, 09:53 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The Evergreen State fiasco is one of those morally clarifying events that exposes a person's basic values because there's precious little "grey area" for morally sane people to debate over. A state-funded institution turned over its facilities to a race mob and allowed it to harass, intimidate, and physically threaten people based on their racial make-up -- it was about as clear-cut a violation of the affected parties' civil rights as you can get short of turning dogs and water cannons on them. If the race roles were reversed there'd be zero debate about how the university had descended into a shamefully retrograde state and heads would have rolled starting with the state higher education board and stopping just short of the campus janitors. It rightfully cost the university both in financial payouts and in a massive enrollment drop.

If anyone has changed their mind on the Evergreen State debacle, it's almost certainly because they finally had a moral awakening as to what an evil ideology is being nurtured on too many college campuses across the country.
Excellently stated. Whenever there's some incident involving different races, I find it helpful to reverse the labels and see how it looks then. So if the original sentence is "Black person did 'X' to white person," I'll change it to "White person did 'X' to black person" and see if it sound racist. If it does, then I'll conclude that the original was racist too.

And I can think of few examples more egregious than the Evergreen situation, in which white people were told to leave the campus for a day. All I have to do is switch the sentence to say "Black people were told to leave the campus for a day" and it is crystal clear how blatantly racist it is.

Old 07-30-2020, 11:52 AM

2,910 posts, read 1,357,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Excellently stated. Whenever there's some incident involving different races, I find it helpful to reverse the labels and see how it looks then. So if the original sentence is "Black person did 'X' to white person," I'll change it to "White person did 'X' to black person" and see if it sound racist. If it does, then I'll conclude that the original was racist too.
I do this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
And I can think of few examples more egregious than the Evergreen situation, in which white people were told to leave the campus for a day. All I have to do is switch the sentence to say "Black people were told to leave the campus for a day" and it is crystal clear how blatantly racist it is.
If that one thing was all that happened this whole Evergreen thing wouldn't be such a big deal. But watch Boyce's videos about that day and the days surrounding it and you'll start to feel like you've gone down the rabbit hole.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:52 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,813,701 times
Benjamin Boyce's videos provide excellent, calm commentary and context about the whole disruption and confrontations that occurred. Especially enlightening were his follow-up interviews with Weinstein in 2020 and just a couple of months ago.

Seems like he was one of the few intelligent students in attendance at Evergreen at the time.
Probably even fewer today because who would want to go there but rabble-rousing 'grievance majors'?

Old 07-31-2021, 02:12 PM

1,663 posts, read 875,051 times
This three part video shows how incredibly far off the rails almost everyone at Evergreen got. Bret Weinstein & Heather Heying share their experiences during this lunacy.

The first part is something like a cross between a Soviet or Chinese struggle session, and a rev. Jim Jones sermon.
It also has video of robin diangelo reading the "core tenets" of CRT. It starts at 4:22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2WeWgcSMk

Part two. "To ask students who are suffering from white supremacy to tell us about the instances of white supremacy, is itself, racist." Evergreen faculty member to Bret Weinstein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0W9QbkX8Cs

Part three. "Two four six eight! This time you can not escape!"

"This is about a breakdown in the basic logic of civilization."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vyBLCqyUes

Old 07-31-2021, 09:30 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,813,701 times
I think it reaches the apex of 'surreal' when you hear them sing the school song to their mascot, the 'Geoduck':
"Go Gooeyducks, go.
Stretch your neck when the tide is low..."

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/ma...ils=true&pid=2

(Benjamin Boyce, The Complete Evergreen Story (9) @17:50)

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 07-31-2021 at 09:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies