Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 06:48 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,917 times

Advertisements

Why anytime when you try and discuss what America could do better at or how some countries do better at something, it’s followed by anger and a reference to go there? You don’t hear people in those countries making those remarks because they are okay having a discussion about what could help make things better. Why is there this seeming wide spread feeling of complacency here? Do people honestly think that there’s no way things could be improved or do they have this fragile ego that’s some how maintained by this false belief that we are perfect at everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2020, 06:52 AM

24,477 posts, read 17,215,678 times
What specifically are you referring to? There are so many hot topics these days.
Police reform

Lying politicians

Race war
Never ending riots

Pandering politicians

Illegal immigration
?

Old 07-30-2020, 06:57 AM

11,241 posts, read 11,019,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Why anytime when you try and discuss what America could do better at or how some countries do better at something, it’s followed by anger and a reference to go there?

Because 90% of the time it involves liberals comparing the USA to some area like Scandanavia while pushing the cause for universal heath care. Apples and Oranges.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:00 AM

17,788 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Because 90% of the time it involves liberals comparing the USA to some area like Scandanavia while pushing the cause for universal heath care. Apples and Oranges.
And I suppose the other 10% of the time it's conservatives demanding we "do what Sweden did" regarding the COVID. LOL.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,615 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Why anytime when you try and discuss what America could do better at or how some countries do better at something, it’s followed by anger and a reference to go there? You don’t hear people in those countries making those remarks because they are okay having a discussion about what could help make things better. Why is there this seeming wide spread feeling of complacency here? Do people honestly think that there’s no way things could be improved or do they have this fragile ego that’s some how maintained by this false belief that we are perfect at everything?
What specifically are you talking about?

If you say wow, those Europeans really have a great mass transit system. Easy to use, takes you everywhere, you'll be told to go to Europe?

You're hanging out with the wrong people.

On the other hand, if you're constantly disparaging America, that does get old.

Old 07-30-2020, 07:06 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,283 times
Quote:
That’s another zombie talking point saying “we are different from other countries” so we can’t try and emulate their successes.

That’s what the for-profit system in here wants you to think. They love the status quo, it’s making them a lot of money.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
That’s another zombie talking point saying “we are different from other countries” so we can’t try and emulate their successes.

That’s what the for-profit system in here wants you to think. They love the status quo, it’s making them a lot of money.
Very good point, America is just about the only place on Earth that still has a for profit healthcare system and no control for drug prices

Old 07-30-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What specifically are you referring to? There are so many hot topics these days.
Police reform

Lying politicians

Race war
Never ending riots

Pandering politicians

Illegal immigration
?
I never intended to talk about any specific issue. I’m saying that any issue that gets brought up you’ll see someone making that statement.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:57 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
I never intended to talk about any specific issue. I’m saying that any issue that gets brought up you’ll see someone making that statement.
They'd much prefer to nail you down to one issue so they can more effectively gang up on you rather than have to deal with the fact it's literally every single time you negatively compare the U.S. to other countries over ANYTHING at all.

Old 07-30-2020, 09:00 AM

4,506 posts, read 1,862,029 times
Quote:
This is what makes me rage. I’ve spent a lot of time in Scandinavia and have zero interest in living like them.

I think most morons who bleat about such things have never actually been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies