Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 09:25 AM

2,774 posts, read 903,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No. He has no power to delay the election. Our founders made sure of that. But let's say he did...he and Pence would still be out of office in January. So the speaker of the house would be president.
As I pointed out earlier, President Trump put the bait out there by asking the question: Delay election?
And the gullible hate obsessed lefties took the bait. He knows he can't delay the election. He was just poking the left with a stick because you are all so predictable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 09:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,661,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
As I pointed out earlier, President Trump put the bait out there by asking the question: Delay election?
And the gullible hate obsessed lefties took the bait. He knows he can't delay the election. He was just poking the left with a stick because you are all so predictable.
and what’s the end game? Poke with stock, get rise and then what?

This really isn’t a good time to “poke” people. You guys really have a low bar for politics.

He forces his supporters to make ridiculous claims like this because there is no logical reason anyone can use because trolling or lying.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:40 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,530,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Using OP's word "hated" to characterize the general feeling... Trump is hated because of his personal "policies" of constant lies, his divisiveness, his flagrant narcissism, inability to lead, and his total lack of a moral compass in relationships and in personal behavior. He also is hated due to his public policies and presidential antics with foreign policy and leaders. He attacks public lands, hands off oil leases in monuments like it is his personal property, and guts environmental safeguards willy nilly while at the same time pretends to be protecting public property by sending unauthorized and un-requested secret police to Portland because white people are getting out of hand by supporting BLM. The wall is plain stupid and harmful as is his general approach to immigration. Many of his policy efforts are so poorly thought out that the courts have to step in. His tariff and trade policy is a disaster for Americans. He spends money like a drunken sailor. His policy on Covid has been to pretend it isn't there or drag your feet and maybe it will go away by magic. His only policy on healthcare is to not have a policy but gut what we have and throw people off of health coverage. There is a lot more but this is sufficient.
Trump was hated by you people before any of that.

Trump is hated by you because he supposedly "stole" the presidency from Hillary Clinton in 2016. Of course nobody actually stole anything. Hillary lost the election and Trump won the election, fair and square. Only a shameless liar will suggest otherwise at this point.

Nevertheless, that is why you people hate President Trump. He is in charge and the hand-picked candidate of the Democrat left establishment elites, is not. It is as simple as that.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:51 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,058,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump was hated by you people before any of that.

Trump is hated by you because he supposedly "stole" the presidency from Hillary Clinton in 2016. Of course nobody actually stole anything. Hillary lost the election and Trump won the election, fair and square. Only a shameless liar will suggest otherwise at this point.

Nevertheless, that is why you people hate President Trump. He is in charge and the hand-picked candidate of the Democrat left establishment elites, is not. It is as simple as that.
No.

I did not hate Trump prior to the election, and I do not think, nor have I ever said he stole the election.

I was suspicious of Trump, I did not like the fact that he showed some misogynist, racist, bullying behaviors, and he seemed to be an intellectual lightweight.

Trump has proven to be worse than my wildest fears. I was right on all counts, and he has proven to be a disastrously incompetent president who has irreparably harmed this country in many ways.

Elections are won and lost. People are free to speak their minds. So far, only the Republican party under Trump has attempted to dehumanize people on the other side.

Old 08-02-2020, 12:03 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,528,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Most are against Trump because they don't like him personally and don't have any other rational reason.
I don't even think it's that. Most hate Trump because they are either Democrats or watch media outlets that are in bed with the Democrats. The Democrats don't hate him because of HIM. They hate him because he is effective at breaking up the Establishment/Swamp/Deep State. He is an existential threat to them. In fact, he is doing some of the stuff they themselves previously advocated. That's the proof right there.

Old 08-02-2020, 12:07 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't even think it's that. Most hate Trump because they are either Democrats or watch media outlets that are in bed with the Democrats. The Democrats don't hate him because of HIM. They hate him because he is effective at breaking up the Establishment/Swamp/Deep State. He is an existential threat to them. In fact, he is doing some of the stuff they themselves previously advocated. That's the proof right there.
Wow, the fairy tales you guys have to tell yourselves to continue to support a reprehensible human being who has presided over the worst economic plunge in history and the worst response to COVID-19 on the planet. Keep pretending the country isn't turning on Trump for being Trump if that makes you feel better. The outcome will be the same either way.

Old 08-02-2020, 01:15 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,058,855 times
Quote:
We are hundreds of posts in, with many posts giving explicit reasons, and this is all you can come up with? Something that nobody has stated, and for which you can provide no support?

Sigh.

Your comprehension and empathy are certainly lacking.

Old 08-03-2020, 03:44 AM

9 posts, read 1,837 times
Quote:
....specifically what POLICIES of his do you disagree with?
EEEHM...
* Ripping babies from their parents hands and stuffing them in cages so six of them under the age of 7... you know ... DIED????
Oh wait, we get it, some of them were all of EIGHT YEARS OLD, I guess that makes it ALL RIGHT!
https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na...524-story.html

* Sending unidentified police to arrest peaceful protesters (hall mark of dictatorships)
Oh wait, just cos 1 in thousand yells at the cops, makes it alright....

* Letting Americans die from Corona because he's too stupid to support simple science (any moment he disses Fauci)

* Telling whites it's a-A-Okay to segregate middle class whites from working class whites ... confusing them with African-Americans:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...s-housing-rule

* Forcing the US military to stay in Trump hotels in Scotaland AND Ireland (Mike Pence had to commute 2-3 hours EXTRA per day), so he profits from the US taxpayers? I guess that corruption is the "art" of the fraudulent deal....
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...otel-explained

These are first ones, I can go on with the other 389....

Old 08-03-2020, 04:15 AM

866 posts, read 320,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
chowhound, how would you feel if the roles were reversed, and Obama was still in office, and he began speaking like this?

Honest *****, how would you feel? I believe you'd have a coronary.
Obama did that even before he took office.

"Elections have consequences"

Remember that one? Essentially a big F You to anyone who opposed him.

But yes, Trump is an ass. He has no filter.

Obama would smile, tell you what you want to hear "you can keep your doctor" then stab you in the back.

Old 08-03-2020, 04:23 AM

9 posts, read 1,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
But yes, Trump is an ass. He has no filter.
5 year olds have no filter. no-one hate 5 year olds. Only trump supporters do that, when they cheered when SIX of the babies that trump stuffed in cages DIED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Obama would smile, tell you what you want to hear "you can keep your doctor" then stab you in the back.
And also, he'd let you keep your doctor if it wasn't some hack who didn't cure you. If it WAS such a hack, Obama would have tried to get you a better doctor.
Look, we can all sit and hope that Covid and life in general gets the racists supporting trump. I'm sure that's not you ................................................
Really sure.
But we all know that life doesn't work like that. Because God helps the wealthy, the Whites and the billionaires (or was that Trump who gave them taxcuts? Is trump now god? )

Last edited by Wyed McWhite; 08-03-2020 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: adding dots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies