Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 08:33 AM

2,001 posts, read 760,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Considering he thinks a mask gave him coronavirus, I'd probably do the exact opposite of anything this idiot would prescribe.
Given how most of us are using masks; ie. reusing then, handling them, laying in the car, it wouldn’t surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 08:42 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Given how most of us are using masks; ie. reusing then, handling them, laying in the car, it wouldn’t surprise me.
Speak for yourself...

Old 07-31-2020, 08:47 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Please don't fondle someone's used mask! lol

Old 07-31-2020, 09:13 AM

25,725 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Confirmation bias or are you just ignorant of the other, newer studies like the one from University of Minn?
The minnesota trial didnt add Z-pak, so its flawed. It also failed to give ages of patients in the trial, and pre-existing conditions data. 3 strikes against that study is too many for me.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The minnesota trial didnt add Z-pak, so its flawed. It also failed to give ages of patients in the trial, and pre-existing conditions data. 3 strikes against that study is too many for me.
What benefit does an antibiotic have in regards to a viral infection?

The Z-pack is just insurance against also getting a bacterial infection.

Try again.

The big hitters, as we understand it, for possible CV-19 fighting is HCQ and many would say zinc in conjunction. This study used HCQ and zinc.

Waving your hands doesn't make reality go away. This study is much more applicable than the Henry Ford retrospective that you love so much.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Add zpak to Plaquenil and then you get too high risks with QT prolongation to recommend as an outpatient treatment in patients with no or minimal symptoms. Without some fancy monitoring.

Old 07-31-2020, 11:30 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
The virus doesn't live for very long on a soft dry surface that's exposed to sunlight.

While it's not smart to have other family members use the same mask, a mask that's placed on a car's dashboard will be virus free within an hour or two. And the dash can easily be kept clean; any household spray cleaner kills the virus.

Disposable masks are good to keep in a car. When in doubt, toss 'em. Have 2 cloth masks- one to wear while the other is in the wash, and keep them both washed frequently. With both types on hand, there's no big problem.

I'd rather trust a mask than a quack doctor's miracle cure any day.

Old 07-31-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The virus doesn't live for very long on a soft dry surface that's exposed to sunlight.

While it's not smart to have other family members use the same mask, a mask that's placed on a car's dashboard will be virus free within an hour or two. And the dash can easily be kept clean; any household spray cleaner kills the virus.

Disposable masks are good to keep in a car. When in doubt, toss 'em. Have 2 cloth masks- one to wear while the other is in the wash, and keep them both washed frequently. With both types on hand, there's no big problem.

I'd rather trust a mask than a quack doctor's miracle cure any day.
Now wait a minute, I resemble that remark! lol

Early on we docs had good reasons to give Plaquenil, et al. Docs in China and Italy were already seeing some positive results. Of course not yet good controlled clinical studies, but under the right conditions with the right patients, this Rx made a lot of sense back then. In fact I/we gave it to my wife with her March infection, with positive results. I wouldn't recommend the Rx today for just anyone without the proper history, conditions and monitoring. But there is probably still some good use for the meds. India and Ford are doing some prophylactic studies in health care givers.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:39 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Now, the question is, "How many did Gohmert infect before he was quarantined?"

There's dumb.

There's ignorant.

And there's pig-headed stupidity.

A GOP specialty lately.

Old 08-01-2020, 05:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Wonder if these Republicans own stock in these companies they are publicizing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies