Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 10:06 AM

186 posts, read 67,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I showed you the mind-set of the Dems regarding this virus, which you are totally ignoring. You even delete that part from my posts when you quote them .. that is how deep your head is buried.

I also showed you what they think of campaign promises - that they are made during the heat of the campaign, for people to "have fun with".

The first law of holes: "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 10:07 AM

83 posts, read 32,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
There was already a thread on this, they already came out and said that they cannot pinpoint it to the rally, it may or may not have been from the rally - he was doing a lot of meets and greets before he got it, the thread was already closed, and you want to come here, a day late, and make these ridiculous unproven claims all over again?

"Search" is your friend.
But truth and common sense are the enemies of the Democrats. Also a foreign concept.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Lol. Campaign promises, and from a failed do-nothing hag who thinks “God put her on the Earth” to be president.
So what did Trump say on the 2016 campaign trail out of concern for public health and pandemics?

Old 08-02-2020, 10:12 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggers View Post
But truth and common sense are the enemies of the Democrats. Also a foreign concept.
Same with Republicans. People shouldn't be dumb enough to vote for either. It only further encourages them.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:14 AM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Guy View Post
The first law of holes: "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".
You would do well to remember that.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:35 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
^^^BIGLY WRONG, berdee. IT SEEMS YOU ARE TRAGICALLY WRONG TO THE TUNE OF OVER 150,000 DEAD AMERICANS AND A WRECKED ECONOMY, AS WELL.

Wow...elections sure do have consequences.

Someone on this forum once posted an excerpt from a speech given by Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail. I earmarked/saved it because it was just one example of how better qualified and suited for the job of POTUS she was. Here is Donald J. Trump's opponent in 2016:

"Public health is not commonly understood as a security issue, but it should be. Pandemic disease can destabilize regions, undermine economies, and create fertile territory for social and political unrest...We need to break the cycle in which our own public health system is beholden to emergency appropriations for specific epidemics... lacking the long-term budget certainty we need to shore up our defense for long term, accelerate development of vaccines..... bolster America's public health infrastructure to deal with the new challenges facing our communities and our families, including a new Public Health Rapid Response Fund to better respond to public health emergencies.....Hillary Clinton July 2016.

Guess what? It turns out Hillary was speaking about public health all along the trail...no one was listening I guess. From another speech I found:

"That is why as President, I will create a Public Health Rapid Response Fund, with consistent, year-to-year budgets, to better enable the CDC, HHS, FEMA, state and local public health departments, hospital systems, and other federal agencies to quickly and aggressively respond to major public health crises and pandemics. I will also ensure that our government has strong leadership and is organized to better support and work with people on the ground facing public health challenges. Doctors and public health officials......Hilary Clinton August 24 2016.

"....in addition we need to do more to boost our preparedness for biological threats and bioweapons; to support research for new diagnostic tests, therapeutic treatments, and vaccines for emerging diseases; to build capacity in public health departments; to train the next cadre of public health professionals and ensure that public health and environmental health practices are standard to the educations of medical students; and to provide resources for states and local governments to plan for complex, multi-faceted public health threats, like the impacts of climate change and pandemics and build more resilient communities." Hillary Clinton October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post
Great post, FG! I’d like to know how all that preparedness holds up against Trump’s xenophobia and complete lack of responsibility.

I guess we will never know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
^^^^ All you MAGA people need to read this post! Then send to all your MAGA friends!

A wise old man once told me that talk is cheap.

If the Hildebeast were really wanting to "provide resources for states and local governments to plan for complex, multi-faceted public health threats, like the impacts of climate change and pandemics and build more resilient communities" she would have noticed that Newport Medical Instruments never produced the promised ventilators.

Why didn't the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority demand the ventilators?

Why did the Obama FTC approve the Newport-Covidian merger?

Since when do we allow a company to buy up all its competitors and then refuse to follow through on a contract with the US government?

How would Hillary's proposed slush fund have changed any of the major ****-ups that lead to a nine-year ventilator dead end?

"It wasn’t until last July that the F.D.A. signed off on the new Philips ventilator, the Trilogy Evo. The government ordered 10,000 units in December, setting a delivery date in mid-2020. As the extent of the spread of the new coronavirus in the United States became clear, Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, revealed on March 15 that the stockpile had 12,700 ventilators ready to deploy. The government has since sped up maintenance to increase the number available to 16,660 — still fewer than a quarter of what officials years earlier had estimated would be required in a moderate flu pandemic."

"The federal government started over with another company in 2014, whose ventilator was approved only last year and whose products have not yet been delivered."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html

The ventilator shortage is 100% Obama-Biden-Hillary's fault.

Old 08-02-2020, 10:49 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Holy %8&#! Beam me up, Scotty.

You posed a comparative question, implying that Hillary Clinton would have been a worse POTUS. Then proof is provided that the only sentient presidential candidate, in the 2016 race, had public policy positions, public health infrastructure ideas and enhanced response plans to pandemics, that prove your opinion is tragically flawed, and you come back with Trumpian name calling. I rest my case that I previously made!

You got nothin, along with your guy, DJT. The emperor has no clothes! Period!

The fund may or may not have been a good idea, but it doesn't really change the fact that a series of serious ****-ups took place that prevented the US from stockpiling ventilators that we knew in 2006 we would need one day.

The correct thing to do would have been to hold Covidien's feet to the fire when they started talking about blowing off the Newport contract.

The merger should have never been approved, but even after it was they should have been forced to produce the ventilators in timely fashion or pay a dear price for not doing so.

Moreover, placing all the eggs in one basket, as the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority did, is insane.

The complete lack of accountability and oversight is breathtaking!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/b...-shortage.html

Old 08-02-2020, 10:56 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
There is also the fact that he had traveled extensively after the rally. He didn't test positive for nine days after the rally. It only takes 2 to 5 days from exposure to test positive. After the rally he had traveled so much and met so many people that it is stated they have no way to contact trace. Sure he could have gotten it at the rally, but there is the fact that he could have gotten it at numerous places after the rally. Unless you can prove he did get it at the rally then you have no "facts" .. all you have is your hopes.
I don't "hope" anything. I am not a democrat nor a Trumper. Like I have said I like Cain, I liked his 2012 campaign and tax plan. I don't have skin in the game like most partisans here seem to do. All I am saying is the odds are it happened at the convention unless someone can prove a more likely place. The time-frame for symptoms is 2-14 days according to the CDC. Cain tested positive on the 29th, 9 days after the rally. He easily could have been positive before that date and showing symptoms which would be a reason to do a test.

Like I said if someone can prove it happened somewhere else or even had his itinerary of all the other places he was at after the rally, feel free to post it. Regardless this seems to be really important for some Trumpers to say anything to convince people it happened somewhere else. Why?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-02-2020 at 11:28 AM..

Old 08-02-2020, 11:22 AM

17,795 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
\

I don't "hope" anything. I am not a democrat nor a Trumper. Like I have said I like Cain, I liked his 2012 campaign and tax plan. I don't have skin in the game like most partisans here seem to do. All I am saying is the odds are it happened at the convention unless someone can prove a more likely place. The time-frame for symptoms is 2-14 days according to the CDC. Cain tested positive on the 29th, 9 days after the rally. He easily could have been positive before that date and showing symptoms which would be a reason to do a test.

Like I said if someone can prove it happened somewhere else or even had his itinerary of all the other places he was at after the rally, feel free to post it. Regardless this seems to be really important for some Trumpers to say anything to convince people it happened somewhere else. Why?
It's just flat out stupid that these Trump supporters won't admit that the rallies were a risk to people's health.

And this claim that it only takes "3-5" days to test positive for COVID is some evidence that maybe Cain didn't get this from the rally? He tested positive on day nine after the rally. I don't think it is too far fetched to think that he didn't test positive before day nine because he didn't get a test until day nine. And he probably didn't get a test until he started getting sick. If he had gotten a test before day nine we probably would know by now.

This is truly an Occam's razor situation. Of everything Herman Cain did or said surrounding that event there is no question that the rally was the place that put him in the highest risk.

Old 08-02-2020, 11:32 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's just flat out stupid that these Trump supporters won't admit that the rallies were a risk to people's health.

And this claim that it only takes "3-5" days to test positive for COVID is some evidence that maybe Cain didn't get this from the rally? He tested positive on day nine after the rally. I don't think it is too far fetched to think that he didn't test positive before day nine because he didn't get a test until day nine. And he probably didn't get a test until he started getting sick. If he had gotten a test before day nine we probably would know by now.

This is truly an Occam's razor situation. Of everything Herman Cain did or said surrounding that event there is no question that the rally was the place that put him in the highest risk.
I don't get it. Trump decided to play with fire and he got burned. Why not accept responsibility and admit the rally was a bad idea?

On top of Cain 8 members of Trump's team tested positive. Its a safe bet that lots of people got infected at the rally or came to the rally infected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies