Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Libertarian, in 2020 I'm voting for...
Jo Jorgensen 3 11.54%
Donald Trump 15 57.69%
Joe Biden 5 19.23%
TBD - Or Other Candidate 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 08:11 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times

Advertisements

I'm curious. As a centrist that leans a bit conservative, I've been shopping for a 3rd party candidate to put my vote behind in 2020. I don't like either of the mainstream candidates and feel it's time for some commons sense in the White House.

One candidate I would consider is Jo Jorgensen, who was nominated to be the Libertarian candidate for President.

Does anyone think she even has a chance? 3rd parties rarely win elections, and I feel it's almost a lobby play to show the main parties that their votes are important, but I still will always vote with my heart and not pick someone just because they are the lesser of two evils.

If you're a Libertarian, are you planning on voting for Jo? Trump? Perhaps there's another alternative out there that I've not researched yet?

Any input will be valued, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2020, 08:13 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,015 times
A lot of "libertarians" are actually anti-Right interference artists, as their primary drive. It follows that there will be a lot of "libertarian" lever pulling for Biden in November.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
A lot of "libertarians" are actually anti-Right interference artists, as their primary drive. It follows that there will be a lot of "libertarian" lever pulling for Biden in November.
I personally consider myself a Centrist, that probably would vote for a few more "conservative" issues, I don't subscribe to a lot of the think tank far left issues like free education for all, and I also don't want to be ruled by corporations. A Libertarian is not exactly what I'd look for in a candidate, but I certainly don't want either main party to continue down the pathways of division that we currently have.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
What?

I personally did not vote for Trump, one of the reasons being his view on trade (and tariffs).

But vote for Biden regarding govt "interference"? Drooling Biden will certainly have Big Govt types surrounding him, his handlers would want nothing else.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:30 AM

2,707 posts, read 1,034,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I'm curious. As a centrist that leans a bit conservative, I've been shopping for a 3rd party candidate to put my vote behind in 2020. I don't like either of the mainstream candidates and feel it's time for some commons sense in the White House.

One candidate I would consider is Jo Jorgensen, who was nominated to be the Libertarian candidate for President.

Does anyone think she even has a chance? 3rd parties rarely win elections, and I feel it's almost a lobby play to show the main parties that their votes are important, but I still will always vote with my heart and not pick someone just because they are the lesser of two evils.

If you're a Libertarian, are you planning on voting for Jo? Trump? Perhaps there's another alternative out there that I've not researched yet?

I am not a Libertarian but do agree with many of their points, I liked Jorgensen on Foreign Policy but her ideas for trade and immigration lost me.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:34 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,113 times
Vermin Supreme was ripped off by libertarian insiders and party hacks.

Vermin Supreme 2020!

Old 07-05-2020, 10:02 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Cthulhu 2020

#NoLivesMatter

Old 07-05-2020, 10:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
You'll get the master you deserve and you better like it.

Don't forget to wear your sticker "I voted today" after you accept this fact.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:06 AM

10,485 posts, read 4,048,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post

Trump. The fact he has the Bush family dynasty going against him, as well as all the old war mongers is enough for me to give Trump my vote. I hate the Neocons with a passion, and it's so refreshing to finally have a President to stand up against them. Clinton was a patsy, with him signing NAFTA, Obama too was all talk and no action. But Trump is finally putting his foot down on the wars.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Trump. The fact he has the Bush family dynasty going against him, as well as all the old war mongers is enough for me to give Trump my vote. I hate the Neocons with a passion, and it's so refreshing to finally have a President to stand up against them. Clinton was a patsy, with him signing NAFTA, Obama too was all talk and no action. But Trump is finally putting his foot down on the wars.
Do you feel that it's hopeless to spend your vote on a 3rd party or is it that Trump is doing such a great job that a 3rd candidate wouldn't be able to do the same? Just curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies