Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has your opinion changed?
No - I feel the same way as I originally did 48 85.71%
Somewhat - I still sit on the fence from where I was originally but newer information has me thinking 5 8.93%
Yes - I've pretty much done an about face in my opinion 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 03:33 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Do you feel the same way about drunk driving laws? Sure you can avoid crossing paths by simply not driving, just as you would need to stop living to avoid crossing paths with a guy who spent a night at a party and is not wearing a maks. But neither option is realistic, we still need to live our lives and can't avoid coming in contact with those acting selfishly.
Yes, I do in terms of drunk driving laws.

You privatize the roads. If both of us are driving on the road I know for sure I'm not driving on one where someone isn't given a BAC test prior to entering it.

Sucks for the private owner of that road if he doesn't want my business because I'm one awesome business associate.

Those acting selfishly need to be punished where it hurts - in the market place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 03:46 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
I feel the same way. I took it seriously from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I still feel the same way too. People like this ^ still have no idea what they are talking about.

Agreed. Willful ignorance.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:47 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I still feel the same way too. People like this ^ still have no idea what they are talking about.

And you went to medical school where?

Old 07-31-2020, 03:48 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
And you went to medical school where?
The same school as you.

Remember, we sat next to each other.

Old 07-31-2020, 03:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, I still understand that this is a devastating virus that has taken and/or destroyed hundreds of thousands of lives and counting. I'd venture to guess that many people knew that long before Trump did. I question whether he understands it even now.
Where did these people totally ignorant of science come from? Other countries don't have this issue with flat-earthers like there are in the US. They simply don't have to deal with this type of ignorance, which is why the US is like Brazil, while other modern western nations have at least contained it.

I don't believe they've seen a photo of the lungs of people who have had the virus. Not a pretty picture.

Like a miracle--one day it will be gone.

The economy is not going to improve until the virus is contained in the US, no matter how much money the Fed pumps into the stock market. You would think they would at least understand that much.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ed-it-n1209246

https://thehill.com/changing-america...id-party-guest

Old 07-31-2020, 04:15 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
I still feel the same way.

If there was no media scare mongering and no lock down, we would not have known that there was a "pandemic".

Covid has not proven to be more dangerous than all the other seasonal bugs every year. Yes, people are dying, but people are always dying of flu, pneumonia, etc. Now the media is just bringing attention to them.
A million people would have been "disappearing" within a year if nothing was done about it. I think someone would pick up a hint

Old 07-31-2020, 04:21 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
I don't know how to feel anymore after I heard this idea of "covid passport and tracker". I could imagine hearing all the tinfoil hat guys saying "ha-ah like Nelson Muntz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14F9au07MHw

Old 07-31-2020, 04:27 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times
Well, as more is learned about the virus, I'm not as fearful for myself, my husband, my children, but I am still fearful for my elderly parents and for the country as a whole. More fearful maybe, as it's been shown just how ignorant and selfish too many Americans are and just how much of a failure our national "leadership" is.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:03 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I don't know how to feel anymore after I heard this idea of "covid passport and tracker". I could imagine hearing all the tinfoil hat guys saying "ha-ah like Nelson Muntz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14F9au07MHw
^This is what it's really about.^ Total control of the population, your freedom, gone.

Sometimes I think all those scaredy cats that are always first in line to get whatever "vaccine" is offered them, must be the one's who's brains are so damaged that they just go along with whatever their handlers tell them to do.

Their noses are being rubbed in it, and they're begging for more.

Incredible

CN

Old 08-01-2020, 05:01 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
It's quite sad that those in government (both left and right here in the U.S. - not sure about other governments) use a deadly virus for political agenda. Of course this happening in an election year made it inevitable.
I honestly don't see how the left can be blamed for using this for virus for their political agenda, I mean other than pointing out Trump's incompetence in his response but that's just taking the softball he has lobbed them and crushing it.

No it was Donald Trump who politicized this way back in early March by calling it a liberal hoax out to get him. As a result his followers didn't, and still don't, accept that it was a very real risk. I mean we still have multiple posters still claiming it's the flu as amazing as that is. OTHER COUNTRIES DO NOT HAVE THIS ISSUE and we are still paying for this with 150,000 lives and no end in site. Many of those lives are on Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies