Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 07:20 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janay755 View Post
People all over FB saying if everyone just “wore their masks and social distances this would be gone by now but instead we have rising cases”. Or “if people would just stay home and not go to each other houses or restaurants we would be done with this”. First of all the state I’m in has a mandatory mask mandate so I hate the lecture of people not wearing masks. You have to if you enter a store or other establishment.
So many people repeating the same things.
Maybe it works? why not just all try it--- 21 days,, if it doesn't help any, you can shut our mouths forever.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:54 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Wow, so if you support the President you are not a decent human being? Well MS at least she didn’t call you a deplorable. I guess telling someone they are not a decent human being because they support the President is ok and doesn’t make you an indecent human being in liberal land.
That's right. If you voted for him first time, it's forgivable, you got bamboozled. Still supporting him after the steady stream of corruption, incompetence and malevolence? You're not a decent person.

Old 08-03-2020, 07:56 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
That's right. If you voted for him first time, it's forgivable, you got bamboozled. Still supporting him after the steady stream of corruption, incompetence and malevolence? You're not a decent person.
Even if this is true, I don’t think it is helpful to say it. We want to win people over, remember? Not push them away.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:08 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janay755 View Post
People all over FB saying if everyone just “wore their masks and social distances this would be gone by now but instead we have rising cases”. Or “if people would just stay home and not go to each other houses or restaurants we would be done with this”. First of all the state I’m in has a mandatory mask mandate so I hate the lecture of people not wearing masks. You have to if you enter a store or other establishment.
So many people repeating the same things.
We had months long lock down in states, and COVID deaths were at their worst. So who are they going to blame when everyone wears a mask and we still have people dying? We will all be wearing COVID goggles and gas masks and still people will be trying to lock everyone down. Except for.... people protesting and/or rioting in the streets for BLM. Those people will be fine, and no chance in hell their activities are causing virus to spread, nope.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:14 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Even if this is true, I don’t think it is helpful to say it. We want to win people over, remember? Not push them away.
Sure, in real life. On this forum I doubt that it's possible to win anyone over.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Actually a timely and relevant comment. What happened to Herman Cain could happen to lots of people who are just as careless.

It can also happen to people who are careful but who are older, Herman Cain was 74 and who have pre-existing conditions. Herman Cain was a cancer survivor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies