Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 10:36 AM

51,690 posts, read 25,953,583 times

Advertisements

He knew what he was doing all along.

Only now he's being called on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 10:37 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,821,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
You're wrong, he ignored the woman and the flag was in the back of the shop. SHE was the one looking for attention.

He's been in business for 43 years, his pizza is probably pretty good. Don't you think?

I'm a Trump guy, but I'm not going to eat lousy food for him. So you're wrong again.
He called for attention when he hung the flag and went on Fox News. If you're not looking for attention, why would you go on TV?

As I said, hanging a trump flag has worked well for several businesses out here I'm sure he'll be fine.

And no, I don't think the amount of time he's been open means anything. Plenty of placee I see that have been open for years that I don't understand how, and other places I've loved that have closed quickly. A lot of factors involved in keeping a business going.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:38 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,065,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
No worries, there are plenty of trumpees out here who will flock to his pizzeria and shovel down his pizza no matter how bad it is. Hell, he could put a steaming pile of crap on a plate and trumpees would thank him and eat it and ask for more.

He chose to hang the flag, people can choose to eat there or not eat there because of it. The guy is a big attention you-know-what acting like he didn't know there would be a reaction. A local ice cream shop put out a huge trump sign and the trumpees lined up around the block. He knew what he was doing. Despite people's perceptions about New York, Suffolk County trends red.

https://abc7ny.com/in-trump-we-trust...cream/5892221/
"how bad it is". That says it all. Maybe his pizza is great, so why don't you say, how good or bad it is. Nope, you can't stand someone supporting the current president. Got it.

But why such a ridiculous reaction to supporting the president? Seriously? You can't be a patriot now? The left makes me sick how intense they are. Talk about nuts.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:46 AM

380 posts, read 126,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He knew what he was doing all along.

Only now he's being called on it.
'Called on it'? LOL!

You make it sound like he did something wrong.

Anyway, yeah, he hung a flag for a guy that a lot of New York hates in the hopes of striking it big in pizza sales.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
"how bad it is". That says it all. Maybe his pizza is great, so why don't you say, how good or bad it is. Nope, you can't stand someone supporting the current president. Got it.

But why such a ridiculous reaction to supporting the president? Seriously? You can't be a patriot now? The left makes me sick how intense they are. Talk about nuts.
Yep, I'm sure trumpees would be lining up to patronize a business with a Biden flag. Come on. Both sides call for boycotts, but for some reason it's only a problem when liberals do it. As a liberal, I could care less whom you boycott. That's your right as a consumer. I thought that was a conservative principle, the free market.

As for pizza, this is Long Island. Plenty of amazing pizza out here without my going to some trumpee in St. James.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:48 AM

380 posts, read 126,735 times
Quote:
He called for attention when he hung the flag and went on Fox News. If you're not looking for attention, why would you go on TV?

As I said, hanging a trump flag has worked well for several businesses out here I'm sure he'll be fine.

And no, I don't think the amount of time he's been open means anything. Plenty of placee I see that have been open for years that I don't understand how, and other places I've loved that have closed quickly. A lot of factors involved in keeping a business going.
Sounds like maybe you have bad taste.

He only went on Fox News to defend himself against some triggered, lefty pig.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
'Called on it'? LOL!

You make it sound like he was doing something wrong.

Anyway, yeah, he hung a flag for a guy that a lot of New York hates in the hopes of striking it big in pizza sales.
Do you live in Suffolk County? trump won it in 2016. You don't know what you're talking about.

I see trump signs, banners, and flags all over the place.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Sounds like maybe you have bad taste.

He only went on Fox News to defend himself against some triggered, lefty pig.
Bad taste? People wait an hour to eat at Olive Garden when there are amazing independent restaurants all over the Island. That shows what kind of "taste" most people have out here.

Old 08-01-2020, 10:51 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,899,674 times
Quote:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/pa...ies-trump-flag

I'm not a big fan of businesses advertising their politics, but ...

Why do these people think people should lose their livelihood for showing support for our president?
I don't think they should. I think the free market should make that decision.

That said, this guy courted controversy and publicity by hanging that flag. He got it both. Why is he whining when he accomplished his goals?

Old 08-01-2020, 10:56 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,065,503 times
Quote:
Yep, I'm sure trumpees would be lining up to patronize a business with a Biden flag. Come on. Both sides call for boycotts, but for some reason it's only a problem when liberals do it. As a liberal, I could care less whom you boycott. That's your right as a consumer. I thought that was a conservative principle, the free market.

As for pizza, this is Long Island. Plenty of amazing pizza out here without my going to some trumpee in St. James.
Both sides do this? It is overwhelmingly the left that does stuff like this. It is overwhelmingly left that riot and loot. It is overwhelmingly the left that accuses everyone of being racist. Please. There is NO comparison and you know it. The left is disrupting our lives at a level never seen in the past 50 years. They are poison to our country. Oh, I voted democratic all my lift and probably won't vote for Trump this time around, so don't think I am a right person, but I don't like how the left keeps threatening others as they do. I am tired of their angry mob mentality! At some point, I hope people fight back by a political means. The republicans are just more positive and have more hope and pride in the US past and how far our country has come. The left is miserable and hate what our country became. They act like spoiled brats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies