Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 07:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdaen View Post
But did they call for them to be put out of business?
YES!!!!!!! They boycotted them.

That was the hope.

Gillette, Starbucks, Dicks are skewered for their 'liberal' policies by the conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 07:55 AM

And still no one can produce this 'viral' social media attack that hurt this business.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:55 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
I have no idea what I meant. Certainly not based on your unbiased, open minded views here.
Yes, I should follow your open-minded example.

Old 08-02-2020, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's not a smart business move to promote politics and possibly lose half of your clients.
There's something fishy about all of this.

During a pandemic a guy complains about lost sales because of a woman who claimed she would post on Facebook --- but none of us can find the 'viral' posts and somehow this then caused people to step up and buy more pizzas in support.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:04 AM

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...SU6dUvHQe9J-Cc

So this article suggests there was never a call for a boycott post that anybody can produce. The woman just said she wouldn't be spending her money at the place.

SHe posted in a mom-centric facebook page she is administrator for --- definitely NOT a Facebook job.....any of us can set up a page on Facebook and give us the title of administrator.

The guy only found out because folks texted him about this local facebook page and the woman posting she wouldn't spend her money there.

There was no massive left leaning campaign.

It was all hyped for your viewing pleasure.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:04 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
There's something fishy about all of this.

During a pandemic a guy complains about lost sales because of a woman who claimed she would post on Facebook --- but none of us can find the 'viral' posts and somehow this then caused people to step up and buy more pizzas in support.
trump even tweeted about it. I'm sure the guy will get quite the boost from the local MAGAts.

The woman claims she didn't call for a boycott but that she did post about the flag on Facebook. I haven't seen the actual posts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ligiuri-2020-7

Old 08-02-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
trump even tweeted about it. I'm sure the guy will get quite the boost from the local MAGAts.

The woman claims she didn't call for a boycott but that she did post about the flag on Facebook. I haven't seen the actual posts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ligiuri-2020-7
My point.

Nobody can produce a post calling for a boycott because it doesn't exist.

The woman ranted on the page about the flag and that she wouldn't spend her money there. It wasn't a calle for some campaign....just saying.

BUt conservative pundit media has taken this as some kind of sweeping liberal policy to destroy conservative businesses....

MASSIVE FAIL....and fake news.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:26 AM

8,493 posts, read 4,550,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
My point.

Nobody can produce a post calling for a boycott because it doesn't exist.

The woman ranted on the page about the flag and that she wouldn't spend her money there. It wasn't a calle for some campaign....just saying.

BUt conservative pundit media has taken this as some kind of sweeping liberal policy to destroy conservative businesses....

MASSIVE FAIL....and fake news.

This must be more of that FAKE NEWS that Trump and many of his supporters are always talking about and perpetuating.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
I wish I lived near this amazing pizza place! You have my business.

Old 08-02-2020, 08:32 AM

13,227 posts, read 7,280,089 times
He opened the door to politics why is anyone surprised it's fair game that someone would complain about it. Maybe he did this to get his business free advertising if that is true he is smart guy. Trump does the same thing keeps his name on the front pages of every news media website daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies