Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 04:16 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times

Advertisements

Since I don't wear tinfoil hats, trust science, and know COVID is real, I'll be getting the vaccine. No need to try to persuade me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2020, 04:21 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I predicted months ago that some country would start vaccinations as early as October. Few agreed. Well I was right. It has been reported that Russia will do exactly that - mass innoculation starting with teachers and medical personnel. So the Russians beat us again. I expect China to announce something very similar soon. The US will drag its feet over testing and be overly cautious as well as making sure that Pharma can make a killing before anyone here sees a vaccine.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
I will be getting the vaccine when it becomes commercially available. The vaccine will likely have side effects, but I will be getting it anyway personally as quickly as possible when it becomes commercial available hopefully soon.

The scary element about COVID-19 is there seem to be people who a century old who have hardly symptoms and sometimes people who are in excellent health and young will end up a ventilator. One really isn't sure how much they will be impacted when they contract it.

The only reason why I did not sign up for phase 3 is because half the people get placebo and I might be in public less than what they require. Seems like they want people who are in public all day, almost every day so they conclude the study as quickly as possible.

It seems like the vaccines have lots of side-effects, but it is seems like in a majority of cases but not all for most people it is likely that the vaccine will be less painful then the virus.

There side-effects with the vaccines so far seem to range of severity, just like the virus but I will be getting the vaccine when it becomes commercial available.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:44 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
There will be millions just waiting to get first dibs on a vaccine. Front line HC workers, nursing home and chronic care patients, advanced seniors and those with pre-existing and immunity compromising conditions. Those younger and healthier, and not in a high risk area will have to wait.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:46 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

The only reason why I did not sign up for phase 3 is because half the people get placebo and I might be in public less than what they require. Seems like they want people who are in public all day, almost every day so they conclude the study as quickly as possible.
Wait a minute . . . aren't you supposed to love crowds . . .

Old 08-02-2020, 04:51 PM

14,485 posts, read 12,114,400 times
I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as enough other people have taken it and survived, to prove to me it's not pure poison.

My question is, how will they mark us to show who is vaccinated? Because that may be all that protects us from the mask Nazis! Will we have a tattoo of that COVID thingy on our forehead?

Old 08-02-2020, 04:52 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You believe psychological manipulation to take drugs is science?

So you like drug lords that prey on kids in the street?

Wow.

This is hilarious! Thanks for posting!

Old 08-02-2020, 04:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Since I don't wear tinfoil hats, trust science, and know COVID is real, I'll be getting the vaccine. No need to try to persuade me.

Please do, at your first opportunity.

Old 08-02-2020, 04:56 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as enough other people have taken it and survived, to prove to me it's not pure poison.

My question is, how will they mark us to show who is vaccinated? Because that may be all that protects us from the mask Nazis! Will we have a tattoo of that COVID thingy on our forehead?
You will get a lapel sticker, "I got chipped!" to wear proudly out in public. I mean vaccinated! lol

Old 08-02-2020, 04:57 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No.

It's psychological manipulation. Which has NOTHING to do with science.

Explain how the economy relates to my health status. It doesn't.

Explain how guilt is a medical reason to take a drug. It's not.

You are already manipulated and you don't even know it.
Glad people didn't feel that way with the polio vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies