Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the 2020 election be delayed until the pandemic is over
Yes I support delaying the elelction 3 7.32%
No I do not support delaying the election 38 92.68%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 11:53 AM

13,232 posts, read 7,290,839 times

Advertisements

In another thread about Trump tweeting about delaying the election I was surprised how many supported this. Never in US history has an election been postponed it's no surprise that Trump losing in the polls would suggest it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2020, 12:07 PM

24,465 posts, read 17,207,356 times
No the election should not be postponed and we should not have mail in voting only either.
If you have a legitimate concern then you can get an absentee ballot and fill that out but wholesale mail in voting is too ripe for fraud.

One would think that people including the Democrats would be happy that Trump wants to have a fair election but no they attack him on even that.

I can't help but think the Dems are pushing so hard for mail in voting because it would benefit them. I'm sure if the polls or experts suggested to them that mail in would give Trump the edge they would be fighting against it.

Trump losing in the polls, maybe but haven't we learned from 2016 that we cant trust polls?

Old 08-01-2020, 12:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
No the election should not be postponed and we should not have mail in voting only either.
If you have a legitimate concern then you can get an absentee ballot and fill that out but wholesale mail in voting is too ripe for fraud.
Is not wanting to stand in long lines in the middle of a pandemic a legitimate concern?

Quote:
One would think that people including the Democrats would be happy that Trump wants to have a fair election but no they attack him on even that.
How is wanting to postpone an election when he is way, way down in the polls "wanting to have a fair election?" Do you think if he was up in the polls he would have made such a suggestion?

Quote:
I can't help but think the Dems are pushing so hard for mail in voting because it would benefit them. I'm sure if the polls or experts suggested to them that mail in would give Trump the edge they would be fighting against it.
Why exactly do you think mail in voting will be an advantage to Biden? Could it be because more people will vote if they don't have to risk the polling places, and more votes usually ends up favoring the Democrats? Yep, I think that's exactly it. What you really want is to suppress as many votes as possible to help this failing president. That's how Republicans win these days, since the are outnumbered in the country as a whole.

Quote:
Trump losing in the polls, maybe but haven't we learned from 2016 that we cant trust polls?
Well then, Trump should want everyone to vote, if his "silent majority" is so strong. What's he afraid of?

Old 08-01-2020, 02:08 PM

5,949 posts, read 2,871,799 times
NEVER delay . Folks stand in line to pump gas ,buy scratch tickets, do shopping .Stand in line to vote .Don't be so lazy. Dont give me crap about the elderly . they already have mail in.
More than 98% have recovered from the Covid

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-02-2020 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: Language

Old 08-01-2020, 02:42 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
NEVER delay . Folks stand in line to pump gas ,buy scratch tickets, do shopping .Stand in line to vote .Don't be so lazy. Dont give me crap about the elderly . they already have mail in.
Agreed. Our lives have been on hold for far too long now already. A delay in the election would just add to it.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-02-2020 at 03:48 AM..

Old 08-01-2020, 02:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Trump likes absentee but doesn't like mail-in ballots. Some one should tell him that it is the same thing. Some one should also tell him that they call in Vote-by-Mail in Florida.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-02-2020 at 03:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies