Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 05:51 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
She's far more moderate than some other Black women on the list such as Karen Bass or Stacey Abrams (both are scarily leftist). Kamala worked a prosecutor so she's more likely to appeal to those who want some law and order vs. those who support abolishing the police. Also, she's only half Black. The other half is Indian as her mother is fully Indian (unlike Elizabeth Warren who just claims to be Indian with probably 1/32 at most).
You do realize that Harris’ maternal heritage is Indian (as in India) while Warren’s is Native American, right?

Old 08-01-2020, 05:52 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Quote:
She's far more moderate than some other Black women on the list such as Karen Bass or Stacey Abrams (both are scarily leftist). Kamala worked a prosecutor so she's more likely to appeal to those who want some law and order vs. those who support abolishing the police. Also, she's only half Black. The other half is Indian as her mother is fully Indian (unlike Elizabeth Warren who just claims to be Indian with probably 1/32 at most).
Is that an attempt at a joke or do you think both claim to be the same kind of Indian?

Old 08-01-2020, 06:08 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
If Biden Picks A Black Female VP He Will Most Certainly LOSE the Election

And if he picks a white female VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a black male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a white male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

I'm starting to see a pattern developing here.

Old 08-01-2020, 06:24 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbottkd71 View Post
You do realize that Harris’ maternal heritage is Indian (as in India) while Warren’s is Native American, right?
And this is important because......??

Old 08-01-2020, 07:51 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I've heard there is some concern about legality since she was not born in the US?

I think she would be a fine choice, but I will be voting for him no matter whom he picks, as will the vast majority of Dems polled. Independents and crossover pubs may be a different matter.

Although there is some question as to how a natural born citizen is defined I think it is simple. If someone does not have to go through the process of becoming a citizen, doing the paperwork and eventually the ceremony it seems they are a natural born citizen. If Duckworth simply moved the USA and was considered a citizen because her father was a citizen then she should be qualified. If she was a citizen of Thailand and had to apply here then she is not.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:53 PM

1,154 posts, read 366,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And this is important because......??
It’s not terribly important in the large scheme of things, but the poster to whom I was responding seemed confused about it.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:54 PM

6,102 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Picking Warren would be picking a female version of Sanders not a good idea.

Old 08-01-2020, 07:56 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Harris knows how to use her female attributes to get what she wants from old men who can benefit her politically. she will be the vice president.

Old 08-01-2020, 08:29 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
What about Tammy Duckworth who's half Asian and disabled? I think he might pick her to appeal to a broader range of Democrats, Independents, and Centrists?
Actually, I think Tammy Duckworth would be great as a VP candidate. Her military background would be helpful in reversing Trump’s petty decision to move a large contingent of troops out of Germany because he has a bone to pick with Angela Merkel. Her mom is Thai/Chinese. Her dad's family goes back to the American Revolution. Tammy is so smart and we’ll-spoken. Wonderful choice for VP!

Old 08-01-2020, 08:33 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,218,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Actually, I think Tammy Duckworth would be great as a VP candidate. Her military background would be helpful in reversing Trump’s petty decision to move a large contingent of troops out of Germany because he has a bone to pick with Angela Merkel. Her mom is Thai/Chinese. Her dad's family goes back to the American Revolution. Tammy is so smart and we’ll-spoken. Wonderful choice for VP!
Yes, because we need people in there to advocate for the military industrial complex. We got plenty of those jackals already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies