Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 08:50 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,613,748 times

Advertisements

If Biden Picks A Black Female VP He Will Most Certainly LOSE the Election

And if he picks a white female VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a black male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a white male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

I'm starting to see a pattern developing here.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:04 PM

2,450 posts, read 973,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Biden will have to decide if he wants a very narrow range of black voters which make up roughly 10% of the population (not counting children) or a large swath of white voters disenchanted with Trump who will nevertheless decide to go with Trump rather than having a black female president running the country. My fear would be that a black female President, having learned what a rogue like Trump could get away with, will pull out all the stops to get reparations for blacks as payback for two centuries of slavery. That would be the costliest hit to the budget we'd ever see--reaching into the trillions.

But it wouldn't stop there. A black female President, I feel, would work to get financial aid for housing for poverty-ridden blacks, stiffen evictions laws for person of color (a sort of Affirmative Action for housing) as well as national healthcare for all. Welfare reform enacted by Clinton to put an end to generational welfare for grandmothers, mothers and daughters would be scraped and the old system of monthly welfare payments--the more kids the higher the amount--would likely return.

It's all a prescription for disaster for this country which will already be fighting enormous deficits caused by Coronavirus for decades.

Elizabeth Warren would be a much safer choice because she cares about ALL of the middle and low income Americans. She would attract the white voters and likely a good percentage of black and Hispanic voters as well. A choice of Warren for VP would virtually assure Biden the Presidency.

"The risk for Biden if he picks a black running mate"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-r...144740125.html
What exactly has Trump gotten away with?

If Biden picks a female black VP the turnoff won't be because she is black or a female, it will be that they all carry significant bagage that will weigh down his campaign. Uncle Joe was clearly having a sun downing moment when he declared in his debate with Sanders that he would pick a black woman as his running mate. He completely painted himself into a corner.

I hope he picks Stacy Abrhams. Oh the hillarity that would ensue if he picks her. On paper Harris is the best qualified, but she has a legacy of getting her way by laying on her back, or knees, and she LOVES mass incarsaration of minorites. She spent years putting blacks, spanish and Mexicans in the slammer. Let us not forget she was for mass incarsaration for years before she was against it. Truth be told, she isn;t against it and she is on record that we need the police and border control.

Duckworth is a loser.

The rest of the group aren't much better.

If Biden was smart he would pick Tulsi Gabbard. She is attractive, former military, technically a woman of color. She is serving in Congress. The problem is that she is more of a moderate and could run on a Republican ticket as a moderate. Her views and positions clash with the woke leftist mob. The truth is that both sides would be very afraid of Tulsi if Biden picked her. A Biden/Gabbard ticket could win.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If Biden Picks A Black Female VP He Will Most Certainly LOSE the Election

And if he picks a white female VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a black male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

And if he picks a white male VP he will most certainly lose the election.

I'm starting to see a pattern developing here.
They are trying to get Dems and the left ready for the inevitable? a soft landing of sorts.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,557,855 times
I’m not a fan of Warren.
She issues purity tests (that she herself can’t pass) and it’s not a good look for her. I lost a lot of respect for her during the primaries.

Having said that, I’d still vote Biden if she was his running mate. Harris, Rice, Duckworth, Demings, or whomever he chooses, I will vote Biden. Trump’s mishandling of the Covid pandemic and his further lack of leadership is killing our economy and people. Anything is better than Trump right now. He doesn’t get it. Leading by example could literally save lives, but he’s too ignorant to figure it out.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:30 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
OP statement is true. Normal American taxpayers got burned by the first(or was it second?) black president. They have no stomach for another woke POC.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:30 PM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
He will probably pick a black female VP. I think he chose Kamala Harris but his handlers are reluctant to go with it for various reasons, she locked up black men for drug use and laughed about it while using drugs herself for one thing...yea that will go over well with black voters. /s

Him saying he has to have a female as his VP was lame regardless though. It should be the best candidate chosen with gender and race not factoring in, but the Dems just want power and they think that women will vote for a women just because she is female and black people will vote for a black person due to being black...That is insulting to both women and black people really.

Last edited by jonaos; 08-01-2020 at 09:44 PM..

Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,785,685 times
I found this article in Politico interesting. "Every candidate has a but..."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...tenders-382115

Old 08-01-2020, 09:45 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,764,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

No matter who he picks Fox News and Conservative hate radio will attack him so he might as well pick who he wants.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post

Interesting read - thanks for the link. I do disagree with this:

Quote:
One adviser to the campaign who has been asked for his assessments about several vice presidential candidates said the political considerations were less important than previous cycles.

“The first rule here is do no harm,” he said.

Because Biden’s lead over President Donald Trump is so significant — and because there’s not much empirical evidence that running mates can have a major positive electoral impact — many Democrats dismiss overly political calculations about how a potential candidate might affect various demographic groups or states.
Due to his obvious mental health problems, I think who he picks is more important than ever. We're looking at the next President because he'll never make it through four years given his current state.

Old 08-01-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy View Post
I’m not a fan of Warren.
She issues purity tests (that she herself can’t pass) and it’s not a good look for her. I lost a lot of respect for her during the primaries.

Having said that, I’d still vote Biden if she was his running mate. Harris, Rice, Duckworth, Demings, or whomever he chooses, I will vote Biden. Trump’s mishandling of the Covid pandemic and his further lack of leadership is killing our economy and people. Anything is better than Trump right now. He doesn’t get it. Leading by example could literally save lives, but he’s too ignorant to figure it out.
Warren isn't a woman of color. That farce has been dispelled. Her life long lie will dog her the entire campaign. Plus, Joe promised a black woman would be his VP. He will be crushed by the woke radical left, and the right for breaking that campaign promise. This VP issue may be the death knell for his campaign. It won't end it, but it will be one of those things that don't go away and will allow other issues to creep up that his people are trying to keep a lid on and will suck all the oxygen out of the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies